List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Go down

List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by Recks1925 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:55 am

I would like to seek your point of view on the matter concerning the list of equipment to be used in a particular project including the manpower requirements. The IRR of RA9184 never mentioned that the PEE should provide at least minimum set of equipment and qualifications of manpower to be used in the project to be bid. Does this mean that the contractor has the discretion to specify the quantity of tools/equipment and manpower qualifications he thinks is necessary to complete the project based on the plans, scope of works, time table and specifications laid by the PEE? And since the contract also requires the submission of construction method duly prepared by the contractor, does this also verify the fact that the contractor can submit the equipment and manpower list he think is needed in his contruction method?
Im concerned about the tendency to limit the contrator's capacity to participate (if the list of equipment or manpower requirement is set by the PEE) due to high equipment and manpower requirement attainable only by limited contractors considering the fact that there are limitless methods and techniques in the engineering field that can be used to complete the project at hand in due time and required specification.
avatar
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Age : 44
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by alpha1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:43 am

Good Day

The list of the manpower and equipments that are needed in a certain project should be determine through an approved Program of Works by the PE concerned through its engineering department . An Organizational Chart of the bidder (contractor) must be determined by the PE for every specific projects because a manpower schedule required for the construction of a building might be different from the construction of roads and bridges. In like manner that the equipments required for the aforementioned projects varies from one another. Also, the PE may required the equipments to be used for a certain project either maybe owned or leased by the bidder (contractor).

In case you have no engineering department, you can seek the assistance of the DPWH in the preparation of your POWS including the Plans and Design. I hope I have given you some inputs regarding your concerned.
avatar
alpha1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 145
Age : 54
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Department Head
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by Recks1925 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Thank for the reply.
So this will mean there will be a compliance checklist on equipment and manpower requirements?
Im a little confused about the provision on project requirements. Art 25.2b.iii states that the project requirements involves submission of list of manpower to be assigned to the project and also availability of equipments, it was never mentioned that it should be compliant with the set items and qty by the PE. Thats why i thought that the PE may or may not provide equipment or manpower requirement. Listing will also depend on project scale if there is really a necessity for special eqiupments or not.
avatar
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Age : 44
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Recks1925 wrote:I would like to seek your point of view on the matter concerning the list of equipment to be used in a particular project including the manpower requirements. The IRR of RA9184 never mentioned that the PEE should provide at least minimum set of equipment and qualifications of manpower to be used in the project to be bid. Does this mean that the contractor has the discretion to specify the quantity of tools/equipment and manpower qualifications he thinks is necessary to complete the project based on the plans, scope of works, time table and specifications laid by the PEE? And since the contract also requires the submission of construction method duly prepared by the contractor, does this also verify the fact that the contractor can submit the equipment and manpower list he think is needed in his contruction method?
Im concerned about the tendency to limit the contrator's capacity to participate (if the list of equipment or manpower requirement is set by the PEE) due to high equipment and manpower requirement attainable only by limited contractors considering the fact that there are limitless methods and techniques in the engineering field that can be used to complete the project at hand in due time and required specification.

I would assume that the acronym PEE refers to Procuring Entity. Am I right in that assumption because I could not think of any other. (I wonder what the other E represents.)

At any rate, while the IRR does not provide, as far as the technical requirement in the technical proposal is concerned, that the procuring entity should provide the minimum requirement, it should not be interpreted also to mean that the procuring entity cannot set a minimum technical requirement.

Section 25.2 of the IRR, which in on the contents of the technical proposal (first envelope), provides that the latter "shall contain the following technical information/documents, at the least." (Take note, the phrase "at the least" already provides the minimum. In this case, the minimum number of technical information/documents.)

For infra projects, Sec. 25.2(b)(iii)(3) of the IRR mentions the "List of contractor's equipment units, which are owned, leased, and/or under purchase agreements, supported by certification of availability of equipment..." While the contractor is required to submit the equipment, it does not mean that the requirement of the kind and number of equipment is left to the contractor to identify and the PE is prohibited from requiring for the minimum number and kind of equipment. On the contrary, the PE should identify the minimum requirement which it thinks are necessary to be provided by the contractor for the project to be completed properly and on time. If the PE would left to the contractor the discretion of providing or not any equipment would not be to the benefit of the PE. Of course, the PE's equipment requirement should not be so whimsical that would limit participation of bidders by requiring even unnecessary equipment. You might be referring to that tendency. It should not be so, but setting a minimum requirement is also necessary for the protection of the PE against unqualified contractors (or those which do not have the technical capacity to perform the contract or those whose intention is just to sub-contract the project after it wins the bidding process.)
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by Recks1925 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:05 pm

PE indeed. hahaha .. my bad.. luckily you didnt consider it as Prof. Electrical Engr. hahaha . .sticky Es'.. Smile
Thanks for the info. but what if the PE's PBD was silent about the equipment needed and the bidding process already commenced, can the PE supplement the requirements needed in the contract by adding a list of pledged equipment for the project? Will this move make any difference? Thanks.
avatar
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Age : 44
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:19 pm

Recks1925 wrote:PE indeed. hahaha .. my bad.. luckily you didnt consider it as Prof. Electrical Engr. hahaha . .sticky Es'.. Smile
Thanks for the info. but what if the PE's PBD was silent about the equipment needed and the bidding process already commenced, can the PE supplement the requirements needed in the contract by adding a list of pledged equipment for the project? Will this move make any difference? Thanks.

If the deadline for bid submission is still in the future, the BAC may issue a Supplemental Bulletin. If you have already opened the bids, I don't think it is still possible to supplement your requirement because that is not allowed. (I dont quite get what you men by "adding a list of pledged equipment for the project."

At any rate, if you have already opened the bids you can proceed with the declaration of the LCB. During the post-qualification process, you can then determine, on the basis of the documents submitted, particularly the list of equipment, if the same are really available and would be sufficient for the bidder to satisfactorily complete the project on time. Otherwise, if to your (BAC's) determination that the equipment being offered (owned, leased, borrowed, or even "pledged") are sufficient, then you can declare the bidder as LCRB. If not, you post-disqualify the bidder.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by Recks1925 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks sir.

RDV @ GP3i wrote:I dont quite get what you men by "adding a list of pledged equipment for the project."

For infra it means requesting the LCRB to pledge a set of equipment in addition to the ones pledged in their technical component. Which the PE found to be more advantageous if added. As what you've said this is "for the protection of the PE". Since the minimum requirement was set silent in the PBD and if the LCRB will accept, i think PE can request the LCRB to submit a supplemental list of equipment for the project to form part of the contract in addition to Construction Sched, Manpower Sched, Equipment Utilization sched, Construction Methods,Safety programs, PERT/CPM, etc.
avatar
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Age : 44
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by Jovinal on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:36 pm

I think there is a problem in the preparation of specifications during pre procurement phase, because all the requirements and specifications needed should be complete before conducting procurement.
avatar
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by Recks1925 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 am

Jovinal wrote:I think there is a problem in the preparation of specifications during pre procurement phase, because all the requirements and specifications needed should be complete before conducting procurement.

Considering what RDV said in his comments, yes there are lapses in the preparation of specifications.

The PE perhaps delegated the bidders to provide list of equipment they think is needed to complete the project based on the plans and specification and duration. This may be due to the ff:
1. That the project is just small and standard tools will only be used.
2. That no heavy equipment of special equipment is needed.
Nevertheless, it is still better and required to have one.
If it was lately known that setting a minimum equipment requirement is needed and if the bidding process has already went through post qualification,(LCRB is already identified) i think it is still safe to request for a list of additional equipment if the PE found that it is better to supplement the list. of course the PE cannot force the Bidder to do so, because it is not required in the Bidding requirement. But just in case they agree i think it is better.
avatar
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Age : 44
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by Jovinal on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 pm

That is better if you could find a winning bidder who will accept your additional requirements.
avatar
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by Recks1925 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 am

Jovinal wrote:That is better if you could find a winning bidder who will accept your additional requirements.

Thanks sir. If your'e not occupied, may i know you comment on my post @
http://gppb.topicsolutions.net/t2391-insufficient-supporting-documents-attachments

Thanks sir.
avatar
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Age : 44
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: List of equipment and manpower requirements on infra

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum