COMPLETED PROJECTS & DISCREPANCY IN WORDS AND NUMERIC VALUES - BIDDERS BOND

View previous topic View next topic Go down

COMPLETED PROJECTS & DISCREPANCY IN WORDS AND NUMERIC VALUES - BIDDERS BOND

Post by Recks1925 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:50 am

Anyone please enlighten me on these 2 Questions:

1. If a bidder declared only random projects similar in nature to the project at hand in the "List of Completed, On-going, Awarded, etc", is it a major failure in criteria in post qualification if the PDS requires them to submit all completed private or govt projects, similar or not similar in nature? Can it also be considered as a failure if upon post qualification checking, there are evidences of projects done but not listed in the document submitted?

2. The RIRR has an existing section intended for discrepancies between words and numerical values stated in Sec 32.2.3, but unfortunately it is intended for the financial bid only, ie; bid prices. If there is a discrepancy in the bid security (SURETY BOND form for that matter), is it a major failure in criteria of which can be a ground for disqualification?
ex: Word in surety is "One hundred pesos" numerics is P500.00

Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: COMPLETED PROJECTS & DISCREPANCY IN WORDS AND NUMERIC VALUES - BIDDERS BOND

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Recks1925 wrote:Anyone please enlighten me on these 2 Questions:

1. If a bidder declared only random projects similar in nature to the project at hand in the "List of Completed, On-going, Awarded, etc", is it a major failure in criteria in post qualification if the PDS requires them to submit all completed private or govt projects, similar or not similar in nature? Can it also be considered as a failure if upon post qualification checking, there are evidences of projects done but not listed in the document submitted?

Yes, it is a major failure to disclose (non-disclosure din) those information because the requirement really is ALL projects, whether completed, ongoing, or awarded projects, within the period required in the invitation. Failure to disclose those information should be taken against the bidder, particularly if it is found out that the performance of the bidder on those non-disclosed projects are less than satisfactory. Why? An unsatisfactory performance or negative slippage of more than 15% are valid reasons for post-disqualification.

Recks1925 wrote:2. The RIRR has an existing section intended for discrepancies between words and numerical values stated in Sec 32.2.3, but unfortunately it is intended for the financial bid only, ie; bid prices. If there is a discrepancy in the bid security (SURETY BOND form for that matter), is it a major failure in criteria of which can be a ground for disqualification?
ex: Word in surety is "One hundred pesos" numerics is P500.00
The rules on discrepancy would not apply to that, but it should not prevent the BAC from verifying/validating the finding with the surety company during the period of post-qualification.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Recks1925 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks Sir RDV.

Hirit ako sir, baka may comment ka sa posting ko po sa link below.. medyo malabo pa po kase sa aking pananaw. Very Happy

http://gppb.topicsolutions.net/t2365-list-of-equipment-and-manpower-requirements-on-infra
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by girl_25 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:49 pm

1. Is the inadvertent exclusion of the on-going projects of a bidder a ground for disqualification?

2. Does it qualify as misrepresentation as a bidder?

girl_25

Female Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : bacolod city
Occupation/Designation : gm
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:07 pm

girl_25 wrote:1. Is the inadvertent exclusion of the on-going projects of a bidder a ground for disqualification?

1. Yes. Sec.23.1.a(iii)

iii) Statement of the prospective bidder of all its ongoing and completed government and private contracts, including contracts awarded but not yet started, if any, whether similar or not similar in nature and complexity to the contract to be bid, within the relevant period as provided in the Bidding Documents. The statement shall include all information required in the PBDs prescribed by the GPPB. (underscoring mine)

2. Misrepresentation, in my understanding, is tantamount to false representation, with intent in doing such for the purposes of favorably entering into contract. In reference to No. 1, such omission cannot be considered a misrepresentation per se. The purpose of such requirement is to verify the technical capability of the supplier in terms of the minimum experience required, and to check the liquidity of the bidder, in terms of NFCC.
Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:08 am

girl_25 wrote:1. Is the inadvertent exclusion of the on-going projects of a bidder a ground for disqualification?

If the bidder is able to prove that exclusion of on-going projects is a mere inadvertence, then the BAC may reconsider and not disqualify the bidder. However, how will the bidder justify the non-inclusion when the projects are still on-going and therefore they could not have escaped the mind of the bidder?

Whether inadvertent or not, if the on-going projects will affect the financial capacity of the bidder (if it submitted an NFCC for financial eligibility), or the on-going projects will affect his technical capacity (if the projects have slippages or more than 15%), then a post-disqualification of that bidder will be in order.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrmaen on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:27 pm

I understand that as part of the Eligibility requirements stated in the RA9184 The statement of all its ongoing and completed government and private contracts within ten (10) years shall be declared from the submission of bids. For this matter, I think you will agree that all prospective bidders in any bidding especially those in longer years of service declare only random projects or else they will prepare a technical proposal as the thickest document of any bid document.

engrmaen

Female Number of posts : 3
Company/Agency : KENBE Construction & Supply
Occupation/Designation : Project Engineer
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by engrmaen on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:28 pm

engrmaen wrote:I understand that as part of the Eligibility requirements stated in the RA9184 The statement of all its ongoing and completed government and private contracts within ten (10) years shall be declared from the submission of bids. For this matter, I think you will agree that all prospective bidders in any bidding especially those in longer years of service declare only random projects or else they will prepare a technical proposal as the thickest document of any bid document.

what do you think?

engrmaen

Female Number of posts : 3
Company/Agency : KENBE Construction & Supply
Occupation/Designation : Project Engineer
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:26 am

engrmaen wrote:
engrmaen wrote:I understand that as part of the Eligibility requirements stated in the RA9184 The statement of all its ongoing and completed government and private contracts within ten (10) years shall be declared from the submission of bids. For this matter, I think you will agree that all prospective bidders in any bidding especially those in longer years of service declare only random projects or else they will prepare a technical proposal as the thickest document of any bid document.

what do you think?

May I just refer you to GPPB Opinion on the matter.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content