Latest topics
» FAILURE TO POST NOTICE OF POSTPONEMENT OF BID OPENING
Yesterday at 10:25 am by pluma

» WHAT PROCUREMENT METHOD TO USE?
Yesterday at 9:17 am by pluma

» Business and Income Tax Returns
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:21 pm by markshinoda

» No Objection Letter
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:15 pm by markshinoda

» Query about MOOE and Capital Outlay
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:31 pm by markshinoda

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:53 pm by markshinoda

» RE-SCHEDULED PRE-BID TO RE-SCHEDULING OF BID SUBMISSION
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:45 pm by markshinoda

» Purchase of Drugs and Medicines for MHO.
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OFFICE CABINET FOR MEO
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF SUPPLIES FOR MATERNAL CHILD CARE PROGRAM
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:16 pm by btorres4


Bid Bulletins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bid Bulletins

Post by friend toe on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Sir/Madam... may i know if there are limits in the number of bid bulletins particularly in the postponement of Dropping of Bids due to unavoidable circumstances?

friend toe
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 47
Company/Agency : Department of Public Works and Highways
Occupation/Designation : EngineerIII
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by jcolas on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:37 am

"friend toe"

Sir/Madam... may i know if there are limits in the number of bid bulletins particularly in the postponement of Dropping of Bids due to unavoidable circumstances?.
I have not come accross a provision of the law limiting the number of bid bullettins but I am pretty sure our bid bulettins must not be excessive in number as to show that our bidding documents were done haphazardly.
avatar
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by Recks1925 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:37 pm

friend toe wrote:Sir/Madam... may i know if there are limits in the number of bid bulletins particularly in the postponement of Dropping of Bids due to unavoidable circumstances?

Bidder has the right to inquire or clarify things regarding the bidding at hand for how times they need, but the period and the manner allowed in the PDS and RIRR should be observed.
1.Clarifications or interpretations by the bidder to the PE - 10 Calendar days before the bid opening
2.Issuance of Supplemental/Bid bulletins by the PE - 7 calendar before the bid opening
(In writing only)

I'll check on the postponement thing.. i think it is a very different concern. To my opinion a mere bid bulletin cannot be used to change the opening date despite of whatever reason. A postponement could be interpreted as a way of to wait for a preferred late bidder to complete the requirements.

I seek other's opinion on this. PLs correct me if Im wrong. Thanks

Thanks
avatar
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Age : 44
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by Jovinal on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 pm

I agree your point
avatar
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:35 am

friend toe wrote:Sir/Madam... may i know if there are limits in the number of bid bulletins particularly in the postponement of Dropping of Bids due to unavoidable circumstances?
Opinion of the GPPB. Follow the LINK bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by jcolas on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:17 am

NPM No. NPM 021-2011
Date 11/21/2011
Requesting Entity Department of Energy
Subject Bid Opening and Supplemental/Bid Bulletin
Issues/Concern Whether the re-scheduling of the opening of bids results to the automatic re-scheduling of the deadline for the submission of bids.

[I]t is clear that the opening of bids should be conducted within the same day as, and immediately after, the deadline for the submission and receipt of bids. However, a careful study of RA 9184 and its IRR shows that nowhere is it stated that the re-scheduling if the opening of bids automatically results to the re-scheduling of the deadline for the submission of bids.

It appears, therefore, that the BAC’s act of postponing the opening of bids from 15 November 2011 to 17 November 2011 without postponing the deadline for submission of bid documents is contrary to the bidding procedures prescribed by the IRR. Thus, the Supplemental/Bid bulletin issued for the purpose cannot validly amend or modify this date of opening of bids as indicated in the Bidding Documents.

In sum, while the BAC erred in changing the date for the opening of bid documents to a date different from the deadline for submission of bids, the bidders have no basis for submitting their bid documents beyond the deadline for its submission


This opinion is of the rescheduling of the date of the opening of the bids which the bidders took as a license to submit their bids way beyond the scheduled date, while the issue at hand is "if their are limits in the number of bid bulletins" that a BAC can issue. I would like to supplement my posting earlier, by saying; if the BAC due to unavoidable circumstances, has to issue bid bulletin for the matter, so be it, and nowhere in the IRR of RA 9184 limit the BAC from issuing this notice.

As to the posting of Sir Recks1925, these addresses the question as to when such notices should be posted.
avatar
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by Recks1925 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:38 am

That's a very good point sir. That addresses my concern about bid opening postponement.
"Opening can be re-scheduled but never the bid submission"
Thanks Smile
avatar
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Age : 44
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:50 am

Recks1925 wrote:That's a very good point sir. That addresses my concern about bid opening postponement.
"Opening can be re-scheduled but never the bid submission"
Thanks Smile

May I just quote below NPM 021-2011 of the GPPB, which is explanatory, in reply to the following query from DOE:

Whether the re-scheduling of the opening of bids results to the automatic re-scheduling of the deadline for the submission of bids.

"[I]t is clear that the opening of bids should be conducted within the same day as, and immediately after, the deadline for the submission and receipt of bids. However, a careful study of RA 9184 and its IRR shows that nowhere is it stated that the re-scheduling if the opening of bids automatically results to the re-scheduling of the deadline for the submission of bids.

It appears, therefore, that the BAC’s act of postponing the opening of bids from 15 November 2011 to 17 November 2011 without postponing the deadline for submission of bid documents is contrary to the bidding procedures prescribed by the IRR. Thus, the Supplemental/Bid bulletin issued for the purpose cannot validly amend or modify this date of opening of bids as indicated in the Bidding Documents.

In sum, while the BAC erred in changing the date for the opening of bid documents to a date different from the deadline for submission of bids, the bidders have no basis for submitting their bid documents beyond the deadline for its submission.
"
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:26 pm

RDV @ GP3i wrote:
Recks1925 wrote:That's a very good point sir. That addresses my concern about bid opening postponement.
"Opening can be re-scheduled but never the bid submission"
Thanks Smile

May I just quote below NPM 021-2011 of the GPPB, which is explanatory, in reply to the following query from DOE:

Whether the re-scheduling of the opening of bids results to the automatic re-scheduling of the deadline for the submission of bids.

"[I]t is clear that the opening of bids should be conducted within the same day as, and immediately after, the deadline for the submission and receipt of bids. However, a careful study of RA 9184 and its IRR shows that nowhere is it stated that the re-scheduling if the opening of bids automatically results to the re-scheduling of the deadline for the submission of bids.

It appears, therefore, that the BAC’s act of postponing the opening of bids from 15 November 2011 to 17 November 2011 without postponing the deadline for submission of bid documents is contrary to the bidding procedures prescribed by the IRR. Thus, the Supplemental/Bid bulletin issued for the purpose cannot validly amend or modify this date of opening of bids as indicated in the Bidding Documents.

In sum, while the BAC erred in changing the date for the opening of bid documents to a date different from the deadline for submission of bids, the bidders have no basis for submitting their bid documents beyond the deadline for its submission.
"
In reference to the bold underline text, will the BAC now be held liable for their actions? what could be the consequence? just asking. bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by Jovinal on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:20 am

Section 65 of IRR of RA no. 9184 is the consequence for the BAC.
avatar
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by friend toe on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:34 pm

therefore in this case, if opening of bids is to be moved then dropping of bids be likewise be moved?... and further there should be a bid biuletin for hie actions?...

friend toe
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 47
Company/Agency : Department of Public Works and Highways
Occupation/Designation : EngineerIII
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:27 am

friend toe wrote:therefore in this case, if opening of bids is to be moved then dropping of bids be likewise be moved?... and further there should be a bid biuletin for hie actions?...

YES, to both.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:12 pm

friend toe wrote:therefore in this case, if opening of bids is to be moved then dropping of bids be likewise be moved?... and further there should be a bid biuletin for hie actions?...
In reference to the bold undeline text, is it possible? bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:09 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
friend toe wrote:therefore in this case, if opening of bids is to be moved then dropping of bids be likewise be moved?... and further there should be a bid biuletin for hie actions?...
In reference to the bold undeline text, is it possible? bounce

I surmise that the underlined text was referring to the deadline for the submission of bids, that is why my answer is YES.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:34 pm

friend toe wrote:therefore in this case, if opening of bids is to be moved then dropping of bids be likewise be moved?... and further there should be a bid biuletin for hie actions?...
As far PHILGEPS is concern, once the opening of bids is to be moved, the bids now becomes active again. Supplemetal bulletin will be issued for the postponement at a later date. The concern now of "friend toe". xxxx then dropping of bids be likewise be moved?...
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Bid Bulletins

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum