Other Legal Uses of Bid Docs Fees

Go down

Other Legal Uses of Bid Docs Fees

Post by Admin2011 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Good Day. May I know if there are other possible legal uses of the fees collected from payments of Bidding documents aside from the honoraria of BAC members please... Thank you. Very Happy

Admin2011

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : DepEd Mountain Province
Occupation/Designation : Admin Officer
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Other Legal Uses of Bid Docs Fees

Post by Jovinal on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:43 pm

I think the said proceeds may be used to procure office supplies/equipment and other related facilities which are necessary to enhance the functions of the BAC.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:01 am

Admin2011 wrote:Good Day. May I know if there are other possible legal uses of the fees collected from payments of Bidding documents aside from the honoraria of BAC members please... Thank you. Very Happy

It can only be utilized for payment of honoraria of BAC members and for overtime pay of BAC support who are not entitled to payment of honoraria. It cannot be used for other purposes other than honoraria/OT pay. Any excess shall be reverted to the General Fund.

Requirement of the BAC, such as for office supplies, shall be taken from the regular funds of the procuring entity.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin2011 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. Will the conversion be to the General Fund of the procuring entity? We are informed during the exit conference that the unspent fees 'should' be given back to the treasury.... May I ask if there are further guidelines as to how the BAC honoraria be computed? The computation of our honoraria relies on the biddocs fees collected only in that project. So if there is one bidder in one project with for example 2,500 fees, the honoraria will be sourced out only from that fee even when there were accumulated amount of bid docs fees during that year. tnx agen.

Admin2011

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : DepEd Mountain Province
Occupation/Designation : Admin Officer
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Admin2011 wrote:Thanks for the reply. Will the conversion be to the General Fund of the procuring entity? We are informed during the exit conference that the unspent fees 'should' be given back to the treasury.... May I ask if there are further guidelines as to how the BAC honoraria be computed? The computation of our honoraria relies on the biddocs fees collected only in that project. So if there is one bidder in one project with for example 2,500 fees, the honoraria will be sourced out only from that fee even when there were accumulated amount of bid docs fees during that year. tnx agen.

Yes, it will have to be reverted to the Unappropriated Surplus in the General Fund of the National Treasury.

As to the amount of honoraria, the honoraria to be paid is on a per completed project, which means a competitive bidding has been completed up to award.

The maximum amount to be paid per project has already been set by the DBM per BC 2004-5a, but procuring entities can set lower limits. As to the funding source, fees collected from bid docs is just one of them. If collection and the other sources identified are not sufficient, you could augment them from your agency's savings. If you have accumulated bid docs collections from other projects still available those can still be used to pay honoraria for another project. Any excess collections shall then be reverted.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:12 pm

How about in the Local Government Unit SIR, we have also the revert to Surplus ?
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Jovinal wrote:How about in the Local Government Unit SIR, we have also the revert to Surplus ?

Yes, to the LGU surplus, to be available for appropriation by the sanggunian as part of the LGU's General Fund.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Thank You SIr RVD.