Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

BAC Chairman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BAC Chairman

Post by ziaragabriel on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Who determines 3rd ranking officials of LGUs? Are salary grades used as the basis for determining ranks of officials and employees of an LGU?
ziaragabriel

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: BAC Chairman

Post by riddler on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:47 pm

ziaragabriel wrote:Who determines 3rd ranking officials of LGUs? Are salary grades used as the basis for determining ranks of officials and employees of an LGU?

For LGU's: Mayor/Governor- 1st Ranking Official, Vice MAyor/Governor-2nd Ranking Official, Department Heads- 3rd Ranking Officials.

Yes. Salary grades are the basis of rankings since these are attached to the positions.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:59 am

ziaragabriel wrote:Who determines 3rd ranking officials of LGUs? Are salary grades used as the basis for determining ranks of officials and employees of an LGU?

Determination of ranking, in the case of LGUs, has already been clarified in GPPB Resolution No. 01-2004. http://www.gppb.gov.ph/issuances/Resolutions/2004/01-2004.pdf
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

BAC Chairman

Post by ziaragabriel on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:50 am

Many thanks to Engr. ruel and Director RDV. Am I right to say that our current BAC Chairman is ineligible? He is an Executive Assistant, a Personal Staff of the Office of the Governor having a co-terminus position with SG22/1. What's the effect of his ineligibility to the procurement activities during his tenure as BAC Chairman?
ziaragabriel

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 am

ziaragabriel wrote:Many thanks to Engr. ruel and Director RDV. Am I right to say that our current BAC Chairman is ineligible? He is an Executive Assistant, a Personal Staff of the Office of the Governor having a co-terminus position with SG22/1. What's the effect of his ineligibility to the procurement activities during his tenure as BAC Chairman?

The composition of LGU BAC is provided for under Sec. 11.2.2 of IRR-A:

11.2.2. Local Government Units

The BAC shall be composed of one (1) representative each from the regular offices under the Office of the Local Chief Executive such as, but not limited to the following: Office of the Administrator, Budget Office, Legal Office, Engineering Office, General Services Offices. The end user office shall always be represented in the BAC. The Chairman of the BAC shall be at least a third ranking permanent official of the procuring entity. The members of the BAC shall be personnel occupying plantilla positions of the procuring entity concerned.The local chief executive shall designate the members of the BAC. The members shall elect among themselves who shall act as the Chairman and Vice-Chairman.

From the said provision:
1) The BAC members shall come from regular offices under the Office of the LCE;
2) The BAC Chairman shall be at least 3rd ranking permanent official of the procuring entity;
3) The LCE shall designate the BAC members; and
4) The BAC members shall elect among themselves who shall act as the Chairman and Vice-Chairman.

The answer to your question is clear from the preceding section.

We can presume regularity in the procurement activities conducted by the BAC. However, the BAC members are, I think, equally responsible for electing a BAC chairman who does not have the required ranking.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:50 am

ziaragabriel wrote:Many thanks to Engr. ruel and Director RDV. Am I right to say that our current BAC Chairman is ineligible? He is an Executive Assistant, a Personal Staff of the Office of the Governor having a co-terminus position with SG22/1. What's the effect of his ineligibility to the procurement activities during his tenure as BAC Chairman?

I believed that is a gross violation of Sec.11.2.2 oft the IRR as pointed by RDV, the BAC Chairman must be a holder of a 3rd permanent ranking employee. in the case of LGU's like ours, the Chairman should be equivalent to a DEPARTMENT HEAD (SG-25) rank which is a 3rd Ranking permanent employee of the LGU.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

permanent and plantilla personnel

Post by riddler on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Since the BAC Chairman is a 3rd in Rank (Deparment head) PERMANENT OFFICIAL of the Procuring Entity, while its members are personnel occupying PLANTILLA positions. Can somebody help me and ziara, what is the difference between the permanent official and plantilla positions for the LGU's?

How do we consider the co-terminus position of the Executive Assistant SG-22 of the Governor/Mayor as mentioned by ziara? Is it a plantilla position? If it is, then the Executive Assistant can only be allowed as Vice-Chairman or member of the BAC but not as BAC Chairman, am i right ba?

If it is not a Plantilla Position, then the Head of the Legal Office of any LGU (since it is also a Co-Terminus position) can never become a member of the BAC.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:33 pm

ruel wrote:

Since the BAC Chairman is a 3rd in Rank (Deparment head) PERMANENT OFFICIAL of the Procuring Entity, while its members are personnel occupying PLANTILLA positions. Can somebody help me and ziara, what is the difference between the permanent official and plantilla positions for the LGU's?

How do we consider the co-terminus position of the Executive Assistant SG-22 of the Governor/Mayor as mentioned by ziara? Is it a plantilla position? If it is, then the Executive Assistant can only be allowed as Vice-Chairman or member of the BAC but not as BAC Chairman, am i right ba?

If it is not a Plantilla Position, then the Head of the Legal Office of any LGU (since it is also a Co-Terminus position) can never become a member of the BAC.

Permanent positions shall refer to plantilla positions. Even if a position is a CT position, so long as it is included in the plantilla of positions of the procuring entity, then it can be considered as a permanent position. A Municipal Administrator is also a CT position, but he can be designated as a BAC member and subsequently elected by the members as BAC chairman since it is at least 3rd ranking.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:43 pm

sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Inquirer on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:22 am

Is the SB Secretary and his office under the office of the local chief executive? Is the SB Secretary eligible for BAC chairmanship?

The Inquirer

Male Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : LGU Bauan
Occupation/Designation : Administrator
Registration date : 2015-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top