Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by regina avelino on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:36 am

Hi to all, just want to know what are the legal and valid grounds that an agency can extend or postpone the deadline for the submission and opening of bid. What if 7 out of 10 who purchased the bidding documents requested for an extension of deadlines on the submission and opening of bids, will this be a valid/legal grounds to extend such? Please cite and specify the specific provisions of ra 9184. I tried looking for it in the books and the net but i could not see one. please advise

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by ikuz23 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 pm

regina avelino wrote:Hi to all, just want to know what are the legal and valid grounds that an agency can extend or postpone the deadline for the submission and opening of bid. What if 7 out of 10 who purchased the bidding documents requested for an extension of deadlines on the submission and opening of bids, will this be a valid/legal grounds to extend such? Please cite and specify the specific provisions of ra 9184. I tried looking for it in the books and the net but i could not see one. please advise

good day,

may i ask what is the reason for extension?

giving extension, cancel or postponement of opening of bids must not be voted / decided by the bidders, it must be the bac's decision with particular findings & reviews. is it your agencies fault? extensions can be done through supplemental bid bulletins but with only 7 days before opening of bids.
avatar
ikuz23
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 148
Company/Agency : LGU-Tacurong
Occupation/Designation : Karaniwang empleyado
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by regina avelino on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:56 pm

agency is not at fault. The 7 bidders were just asking for an extension because they were not yet ready with their cost estimates and bidding requirements. The BAC resolved to extend the request of the 7 requesting bidders in order to ensure that there will be lots of bidders compared to 3 bidders only if they will proceed with the original deadline of submission and opening of bids. This is the only reason of the agency para mas maraming bidders, mas maganda.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by ikuz23 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:55 pm

regina avelino wrote:agency is not at fault. The 7 bidders were just asking for an extension because they were not yet ready with their cost estimates and bidding requirements. The BAC resolved to extend the request of the 7 requesting bidders in order to ensure that there will be lots of bidders compared to 3 bidders only if they will proceed with the original deadline of submission and opening of bids. This is the only reason of the agency para mas maraming bidders, mas maganda.

good day mam,

the bac can postponed the opening of bids deadline, but on what ground? how come the 3 suppliers manage to complete their requirements on time? hindi ba po kaya yung 3 suppliers ang mag file ng complaint sa inyo na i think mas mahihirapan po kyo mag justify. just an opinion mam, why not ituloy na lang ang bidding, na post/advertise nyo naman po yata ng maayos ang ITB. Very Happy
avatar
ikuz23
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 148
Company/Agency : LGU-Tacurong
Occupation/Designation : Karaniwang empleyado
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by Jovinal on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:08 pm

I think we can postpone the opening the Bid deadline as long the total procurement period does not exceed the maximum period allowed by Law.
avatar
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by regina avelino on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:40 pm

noted po sa mga suggestions nyo. i will discuss this with the proper authority within our company. thanks.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by njimenez on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:54 pm

you cannot simply postpone a bid opening previously scheduled in the ITB/RFQ without any legal or justifiable basis. A postponement based on any bidder's default (e.g. failure to completely submit required documents) can not be used as a reason for the BAC to postpone a bid opening, especially that one or more bidder have submitted their bids on time.

njimenez
New Member
New Member

Male Number of posts : 25
Company/Agency : LGU-San Miguel
Occupation/Designation : Municipal Engineer/BAC Chairman
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 am

regina avelino wrote:agency is not at fault. The 7 bidders were just asking for an extension because they were not yet ready with their cost estimates and bidding requirements. The BAC resolved to extend the request of the 7 requesting bidders in order to ensure that there will be lots of bidders compared to 3 bidders only if they will proceed with the original deadline of submission and opening of bids. This is the only reason of the agency para mas maraming bidders, mas maganda.

The request for extension of deadline for submission of bids is valid particularly if there are seven (7) bidders requesting for it to afford them more time to prepare and submit responsive bids. It is in accord with the principle of competitiveness as there will be more competition.

However, to be valid also, the request should be made during the pre-bid conference or thru written requests received at least 10 calendar days before the deadline for bid submission.

Likewise, the extension by the procuring entity should be done through the issuance of a supplemental/bid bulletin not later than seven (7) calendar days before the deadline for bid submission.

If the extension did not follow the above mentioned conditions, then it is not valid.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by regina avelino on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 pm

noted po. thank you very much to all of your opinions and suggestions. I have a follow up query po. Assuming the procuring entity found out, 6 days before deadline for the submission of bid, that there is something wrong with the technical specs which requires additional days for bidders to amend their detailed engineering plans specially in an infrastructure project. Can the procuring entity validly extend the deadline for the submission of bids?

thanks in advance po.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:07 pm

regina avelino wrote:noted po. thank you very much to all of your opinions and suggestions. I have a follow up query po. Assuming the procuring entity found out, 6 days before deadline for the submission of bid, that there is something wrong with the technical specs which requires additional days for bidders to amend their detailed engineering plans specially in an infrastructure project. Can the procuring entity validly extend the deadline for the submission of bids?

thanks in advance po.

Yes, thru a supplemental bulletin amending or correcting the specs and extending the deadline for submission of bids to comply with the minimum 7 c.d. from deadline required for the issuance of supplemental bid bulletins.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by ikuz23 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:35 pm

regina avelino wrote:noted po. thank you very much to all of your opinions and suggestions. I have a follow up query po. Assuming the procuring entity found out, 6 days before deadline for the submission of bid, that there is something wrong with the technical specs which requires additional days for bidders to amend their detailed engineering plans specially in an infrastructure project. Can the procuring entity validly extend the deadline for the submission of bids?

thanks in advance po.

no. 6 days before deadline? it should be 7cd before deadline. the opening of bids will continue to the expected date. that is why we have pre procurement & pre bid conferences shall be required to a certain thresholds before posting ITB's.
avatar
ikuz23
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 148
Company/Agency : LGU-Tacurong
Occupation/Designation : Karaniwang empleyado
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Reminder, dont forget to update and post the supplemental bid bulletins in the PHILGEPS portal bounce
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by ikuz23 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:22 am

sunriser431 wrote:Reminder, dont forget to update and post the supplemental bid bulletins in the PHILGEPS portal bounce

yes sir, but why philgeps portal still allow us to post sup buletins even if it is under 7cd requirement before deadline of opening of bids? philgeps must make it as a mandatory requirement.
avatar
ikuz23
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 148
Company/Agency : LGU-Tacurong
Occupation/Designation : Karaniwang empleyado
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by Recks1925 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:34 am

Smile Philgeps' glitch then turned your extension valid. hehehe joke lang po.
avatar
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Age : 44
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by regina avelino on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:59 am

sir RDV @GP3i and sir ikuz23. I know the the query of the bidders must be within 10 days before the submission and opening of bid and the procuring entity must repy 7 days before submission and opening of bid. What if the procuring entity found out that there is error in there detailed engineering plan 6 days before the deadline for the submission and opening of bid, will this allow the procuring entity to extend the deadline?

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:20 am

regina avelino wrote:sir RDV @GP3i and sir ikuz23. I know the the query of the bidders must be within 10 days before the submission and opening of bid and the procuring entity must repy 7 days before submission and opening of bid. What if the procuring entity found out that there is error in there detailed engineering plan 6 days before the deadline for the submission and opening of bid, will this allow the procuring entity to extend the deadline?

The answer is a YES, provided the BAC issues a Supplemental/Bid Bulletin. Now considering that the issuance of the bid bulletin will now be less than 7 c.d. before the original deadline, then the BAC should also, thru the same bid bulletin or in another bid bulletin, move or extend the deadline for the submission on a later date. Those who have already submitted bids ahead of the issuance of the bid bulletin should be informed so that they could modify their bids due to the change in the detailed engineering plan or in the specifications. Of course, the bid bulletin should be posted in the PhilGEPS, in agency website and in the bulletin boards of the procuring entity. Although no longer required, you may send copies of bid bulletin to all those who have already purchased the bid documents.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by ikuz23 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:32 pm

RDV @ GP3i wrote:
regina avelino wrote:sir RDV @GP3i and sir ikuz23. I know the the query of the bidders must be within 10 days before the submission and opening of bid and the procuring entity must repy 7 days before submission and opening of bid. What if the procuring entity found out that there is error in there detailed engineering plan 6 days before the deadline for the submission and opening of bid, will this allow the procuring entity to extend the deadline?

The answer is a YES, provided the BAC issues a Supplemental/Bid Bulletin. Now considering that the issuance of the bid bulletin will now be less than 7 c.d. before the original deadline, then the BAC should also, thru the same bid bulletin or in another bid bulletin, move or extend the deadline for the submission on a later date. Those who have already submitted bids ahead of the issuance of the bid bulletin should be informed so that they could modify their bids due to the change in the detailed engineering plan or in the specifications. Of course, the bid bulletin should be posted in the PhilGEPS, in agency website and in the bulletin boards of the procuring entity. Although no longer required, you may send copies of bid bulletin to all those who have already purchased the bid documents.

tnx sir rdv for the clarification. in this case, mam regina problems solved. cheers
avatar
ikuz23
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 148
Company/Agency : LGU-Tacurong
Occupation/Designation : Karaniwang empleyado
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by regina avelino on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:39 pm

ikuz23 wrote:
RDV @ GP3i wrote:
regina avelino wrote:sir RDV @GP3i and sir ikuz23. I know the the query of the bidders must be within 10 days before the submission and opening of bid and the procuring entity must repy 7 days before submission and opening of bid. What if the procuring entity found out that there is error in there detailed engineering plan 6 days before the deadline for the submission and opening of bid, will this allow the procuring entity to extend the deadline?

The answer is a YES, provided the BAC issues a Supplemental/Bid Bulletin. Now considering that the issuance of the bid bulletin will now be less than 7 c.d. before the original deadline, then the BAC should also, thru the same bid bulletin or in another bid bulletin, move or extend the deadline for the submission on a later date. Those who have already submitted bids ahead of the issuance of the bid bulletin should be informed so that they could modify their bids due to the change in the detailed engineering plan or in the specifications. Of course, the bid bulletin should be posted in the PhilGEPS, in agency website and in the bulletin boards of the procuring entity. Although no longer required, you may send copies of bid bulletin to all those who have already purchased the bid documents.

tnx sir rdv for the clarification. in this case, mam regina problems solved. cheers


salamat po ulit ng marami sir rdv and sir ikuz23

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Grounds to extend deadlines on the submission and opening of bids

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum