completed contracts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

completed contracts

Post by rpta on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Good day to all....we're required to submit our completed government and private contracts within the last five years, and we must have at least one single completed contract of at least 50% of the approved budget for each project. The bidding will be on June 19,2009 and the ABC of the project is 2,972,000.00. Our last completed contract similar to the project to be bid was March 15, 2004 in the amount of 1,849,000.00. May we know if the aforesaid completed contract of ours will still be considered?


Last edited by rpta on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong use of word)
avatar
rpta
New Member
New Member

Female Number of posts : 13
Company/Agency : mds
Occupation/Designation : executive assistant
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by riddler on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:23 pm

rpta wrote:Good day to all....we're required to submit our completed government and private contracts within the last five years, and we must have at least one single completed contract of at least 50% of the approved budget for each project. The bidding will be on June 19,2009 and the ABC of the project is 2,972,000.00. Our last completed contract similar to the project to be bid was March 15, 2004 in the amount of 1,849,000.00. May we know if the aforesaid completed contract of ours will still be considered?

The last five years reckoned from March 15, 2004 shall be on March 15, 2009. Is it clearly intructed in the ITB?. If it is, then, Obviously, you are not qualified. Presumably the posting of the Project may have been dated April, 2009, for which di pa rin maka abot yung last five years completed project mo.
avatar
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by rpta on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:15 pm

"Statement of the prospective bidder of its ongoing and completed government and private contracts within the last five years...." - stipulated in ITB
You mean the BAC should be that specific with regards to counting the five years?
avatar
rpta
New Member
New Member

Female Number of posts : 13
Company/Agency : mds
Occupation/Designation : executive assistant
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:22 pm

rpta wrote:"Statement of the prospective bidder of its ongoing and completed government and private contracts within the last five years...." - stipulated in ITB
You mean the BAC should be that specific with regards to counting the five years?

Normally, you should count five (5) years backwards from the first date of posting/advertisement, not the bid opening day. However, if your last project was completed in March 2004 yet, it would still definitely fall outside the requirement of "within the last five years."
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by riddler on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 am

RDV wrote:Normally, you should count five (5) years backwards from the first date of posting/advertisement, not the bid opening day. However, if your last project was completed in March 2004 yet, it would still definitely fall outside the requirement of "within the last five years."

Yes. I submit. THe last five years of completed project shall be reckoned backward from the first date of Posting/advertisement. Other than that, there must be a Certificate of Acceptance approved by the parties for that particular project.
avatar
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by misty on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:47 pm

is it really necessary to submit the copy of all completed contracts? isn't the statement of contracts completed, ongoing and yet to be started enough? In the first place, the statement will be certified as correct by the bidder?
Will the BAC really need to look into each contract and find out if they were indeed contracts within the last 5 years? isn't a copy of the largest single completed contract w/c is = to 50% of the abc enough?
avatar
misty
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 71
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : finance
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:56 am

misty wrote:is it really necessary to submit the copy of all completed contracts? isn't the statement of contracts completed, ongoing and yet to be started enough? In the first place, the statement will be certified as correct by the bidder?
Will the BAC really need to look into each contract and find out if they were indeed contracts within the last 5 years? isn't a copy of the largest single completed contract w/c is = to 50% of the abc enough?

Copies of completed contracts is not actually required to be submitted as part of the technical envelope. What are required to be submitted, together with the statement of completed and ongoing contracts, are the following:

  • Certificate of completion and/or certificate of acceptance of completed contracts
  • Notices of Award and/or Notices to Proceed
  • Contractor's Performance Evaluation System (CPES) rating sheets
Copies of the contracts may be required only, if necessary, during the post-qualification stage. The purpose of requiring the copies of completed or ongoing contracts is only to validate, verify and ascertain the statement submitted by the bidder who has been later declared as the LCB.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:56 am

RDV wrote:
misty wrote:is it really necessary to submit the copy of all completed contracts? isn't the statement of contracts completed, ongoing and yet to be started enough? In the first place, the statement will be certified as correct by the bidder?
Will the BAC really need to look into each contract and find out if they were indeed contracts within the last 5 years? isn't a copy of the largest single completed contract w/c is = to 50% of the abc enough?

Copies of completed contracts is not actually required to be submitted as part of the technical envelope. What are required to be submitted, together with the statement of completed and ongoing contracts, are the following:

  • Certificate of completion and/or certificate of acceptance of completed contracts
  • Notices of Award and/or Notices to Proceed
  • Contractor's Performance Evaluation System (CPES) rating sheets
Copies of the contracts may be required only, if necessary, during the post-qualification stage. The purpose of requiring the copies of completed or ongoing contracts is only to validate, verify and ascertain the statement submitted by the bidder who has been later declared as the LCB.

Sir RDV I have a question regarding the Notices of award. Notices of award shall be posted in the Philgeps, from what i know its a system generated, meaning it automatically send e mail to the winning bidder, Do we have to send also a hard copy to the winning bidder? will this be redundant on the procedure?
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:08 pm

sunriser431 wrote:Sir RDV I have a question regarding the Notices of award. Notices of award shall be posted in the Philgeps, from what i know its a system generated, meaning it automatically send e mail to the winning bidder, Do we have to send also a hard copy to the winning bidder? will this be redundant on the procedure?

As far as I know, it is not system generated. The Notice of Award required to be posted in the PhilGEPS is based on the NOA (hard copy) signed by the HOPE and sent by the procuring entity to the bidder.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:58 pm

I require the winning bidder to produce the Philgeps system generated "Notice to Award", before we entertain the bidder, its actually e-mail copy of the "Notice of Award" with the required all information, the posting of performance security as additional requirement.
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:08 pm

sunriser431 wrote:I require the winning bidder to produce the Philgeps system generated "Notice to Award", before we entertain the bidder, its actually e-mail copy of the "Notice of Award" with the required all information, the posting of performance security as additional requirement.

I dont know that the PhilGEPS could generate the NOA. If it does, does it contain the signature of your HOPE?

If the winning bidder could not produce the system-generated NOA, that is issued by your HOPE in the first place (which you said could also be generated by the PhilGEPS), does that mean that you will not entertain the winning bidder until he is able to do so? I think it is ridiculous if you are doing that.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:37 pm

RDV wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:I require the winning bidder to produce the Philgeps system generated "Notice to Award", before we entertain the bidder, its actually e-mail copy of the "Notice of Award" with the required all information, the posting of performance security as additional requirement.

I dont know that the PhilGEPS could generate the NOA. If it does, does it contain the signature of your HOPE?

If the winning bidder could not produce the system-generated NOA, that is issued by your HOPE in the first place (which you said could also be generated by the PhilGEPS), does that mean that you will not entertain the winning bidder until he is able to do so? I think it is ridiculous if you are doing that.

Base on our experience, We' ll ask the winning bidders system administrator to log in their account in the Philgeps, and have them print the system generated "Notice of Award", after which have it FAX or mail it to our agency at the most convenient manner. Thats how we do it in our agency.
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:57 am

sunriser431 wrote:
RDV wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:I require the winning bidder to produce the Philgeps system generated "Notice to Award", before we entertain the bidder, its actually e-mail copy of the "Notice of Award" with the required all information, the posting of performance security as additional requirement.

I dont know that the PhilGEPS could generate the NOA. If it does, does it contain the signature of your HOPE?

If the winning bidder could not produce the system-generated NOA, that is issued by your HOPE in the first place (which you said could also be generated by the PhilGEPS), does that mean that you will not entertain the winning bidder until he is able to do so? I think it is ridiculous if you are doing that.

Base on our experience, We' ll ask the winning bidders system administrator to log in their account in the Philgeps, and have them print the system generated "Notice of Award", after which have it FAX or mail it to our agency at the most convenient manner. Thats how we do it in our agency.

When do you now recon the date of receipt of the NOA by the winning bidder? Is it the date the winning bidder prints the system-generated NOA or is it the date it is faxed or emailed back to you? If there is delay in downloading the NOA (intended or not) it will affect the date of receipt.

Consider that the IRR, I will use the revised IRR in this case: "The winning bidder shall post the required Performance Security and enter into contract with the procuring entity within ten (10) calendar days from receipt by the winning bidder of the Notice of Award."

Please also take not that even in the revised IRR, posting of the NOA in the PhilGEPS is still required, as quoted: "The BAC, through the Secretariat, shall post, within three (3) calendar days from its issuance, the Notice of Award in the PhilGEPS, the website of the procuringentity, if any, and any conspicuous place in the premises of the procuring entity."

In other words, even if the PhilGEPS can generate the NOA, issuance of NOA by the procuring entity is a separate activity from the ability to print system-generalted NOA.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:30 pm

RDV wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:
RDV wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:I require the winning bidder to produce the Philgeps system generated "Notice to Award", before we entertain the bidder, its actually e-mail copy of the "Notice of Award" with the required all information, the posting of performance security as additional requirement.

I dont know that the PhilGEPS could generate the NOA. If it does, does it contain the signature of your HOPE?

If the winning bidder could not produce the system-generated NOA, that is issued by your HOPE in the first place (which you said could also be generated by the PhilGEPS), does that mean that you will not entertain the winning bidder until he is able to do so? I think it is ridiculous if you are doing that.

Base on our experience, We' ll ask the winning bidders system administrator to log in their account in the Philgeps, and have them print the system generated "Notice of Award", after which have it FAX or mail it to our agency at the most convenient manner. Thats how we do it in our agency.

When do you now recon the date of receipt of the NOA by the winning bidder? Is it the date the winning bidder prints the system-generated NOA or is it the date it is faxed or emailed back to you? If there is delay in downloading the NOA (intended or not) it will affect the date of receipt.

Consider that the IRR, I will use the revised IRR in this case: "The winning bidder shall post the required Performance Security and enter into contract with the procuring entity within ten (10) calendar days from receipt by the winning bidder of the Notice of Award."

Please also take not that even in the revised IRR, posting of the NOA in the PhilGEPS is still required, as quoted: "The BAC, through the Secretariat, shall post, within three (3) calendar days from its issuance, the Notice of Award in the PhilGEPS, the website of the procuringentity, if any, and any conspicuous place in the premises of the procuring entity."

In other words, even if the PhilGEPS can generate the NOA, issuance of NOA by the procuring entity is a separate activity from the ability to print system-generalted NOA.

Excerpts
1.2.12 Create an Award Notice
xxxxxxx. The awardee will be selected from the bidders list and will be notified through email when the award notice is posted. So the question now what is the recon date of the receipt of NOA? I'm confused. confused
at the time posted at Philgeps or notified through email?
avatar
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:39 am

sunriser431 wrote:Excerpts
1.2.12 Create an Award Notice
xxxxxxx. The awardee will be selected from the bidders list and will be notified through email when the award notice is posted. So the question now what is the recon date of the receipt of NOA? I'm confused. confused
at the time posted at Philgeps or notified through email?
Sorry, for late reply, I was quite busy these past few days.
Again, posting in the PhilGEPS is an after fact. It is done after you have issued the NOA for transparency purposes. It is done basically not to inform the winning bidder but to inform the general public of the results of the procurement process either by email, by fax, or by personal delivery. Information by email can be done thru the PhilGEPS because the system supports automatic notification to the registered suppliers (unfer certain instances, I think), that is not the only way of notifying the winning bidder.
avatar
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: completed contracts

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum