Paragragh 2.C of GPPB 09-2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paragragh 2.C of GPPB 09-2009

Post by Dong S on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:08 pm

If the conduct of shopping and SVP been properly delegated to appropriate unit by virtue of a Resolution........

QOUTE...."After the decision to resort to Shopping or Small Value procurement has been made, the conduct thereof may be delegated to the appropriate bureau, committee, or support unit duly authorized by the Bids and Awards Committee."

Clarificatory inquiry will be: 1.)Should that UNIT sign the ABSTRACT or just merely prepare? 2.)Should that unit impliedly possess authority to Award directly to Supplier with the Lowest Qoutation OR a BAC Resolution recommending award thereof is a requirement?
Dong S

Male Number of posts : 48
Company/Agency : LGU Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer II/Des -Head, BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2010-10-27

http://www.ecomval.gov.ph\nabunturan

Back to top Go down

Re: Paragragh 2.C of GPPB 09-2009

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:27 pm

Dong S wrote:If the conduct of shopping and SVP been properly delegated to appropriate unit by virtue of a Resolution........

QOUTE...."After the decision to resort to Shopping or Small Value procurement has been made, the conduct thereof may be delegated to the appropriate bureau, committee, or support unit duly authorized by the Bids and Awards Committee."

Clarificatory inquiry will be: 1.)Should that UNIT sign the ABSTRACT or just merely prepare? 2.)Should that unit impliedly possess authority to Award directly to Supplier with the Lowest Qoutation OR a BAC Resolution recommending award thereof is a requirement?

It would depend on the delegated authority by the BAC. If the BAC delegation extends up to the award, then the answers to your query is YES, to both.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:46 am

let me share our practice here in our LGU.
after the BAC issued a resolution that the mode of procurement is thru shopping and SVP , then they turn it over to the procuring unit for processing such as RFQs and awards ..in that case , transactions were done sucessfully...
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:59 am

The confusion there is that the procedure in the Shopping and SVP as to the issuance of BAC Resolution Recommending to Award the winning supplier is requirement or not is SILENT under gppb res. no. 09-2009., What is your assumption Sir RVD , do we need to prepare BAC Resolution Recommending to Award the winning supplier ?, because it is already a requirement that ABC above 50,000.00 Notice of Award must be issued.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Jovinal wrote:The confusion there is that the procedure in the Shopping and SVP as to the issuance of BAC Resolution Recommending to Award the winning supplier is requirement or not is SILENT under gppb res. no. 09-2009., What is your assumption Sir RVD , do we need to prepare BAC Resolution Recommending to Award the winning supplier ?, because it is already a requirement that ABC above 50,000.00 Notice of Award must be issued.

I don't I understand you, Jovinal. I am not making any assumption, I just answered the question directly.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:45 pm

I understand Sir RVD that based on your answer a BAC Resolution recommending award is a requirement in Shopping/SVP even it is SILENT under gppb res. no. 09-2009.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:59 pm

msm326 wrote:let me share our practice here in our LGU.
after the BAC issued a resolution that the mode of procurement is thru shopping and SVP , then they turn it over to the procuring unit for processing such as RFQs and awards ..in that case , transactions were done sucessfully... msm326 Very Happy
Same for us GOCCS, the BAC has to issue resolution recommending shopping and or SVP duly approved by the HOPE. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Jovinal wrote:I understand Sir RVD that based on your answer a BAC Resolution recommending award is a requirement in Shopping/SVP even it is SILENT under gppb res. no. 09-2009.

There is no silent provision here. The rule is just liberal. To better understand, try answering these questions:

1. Is there a rule under the IRR that specifically requires specifically a BAC Resolution Recommending the Award for alternative methods of procurement?

2. Is there a rule under the IRR that requires specifically the issuance of Notice of Award for Shopping/SWV with ABC above P50,000?

3. Is there a rule under the IRR that delegates the procurement process for Shopping and SVP to another unit or group?

The answer for the three are all NO. In fact, #1 was just taken from a "sample form" issued by the GPPB. It can be a different title for as long as the parliamentary effect of the document is there. Since GPPB Resolution has an amendment effect, #3 is answerable by YES under GPPB Reso 09-2009. It does not says there who will award. Including #2 if we follow the principle "ubi lex non distinguit, nec nos distinguire debemus" where the law does not distinguish, we ought not to distinguish. Hence, award, in any form or title we call it, can be delegated depending on the authorization given by the BAC.

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top