Bidding of Vehicles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bidding of Vehicles

Post by regina avelino on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:45 am

Good morning po to all,

I have a query. Our company is buying 3 service (4-wheel) vehicles worth P500,000.00 each (total of Php1,500,000.00) and 3 motor (two-wheel) vehicles worth P100,000.00 each (total of Php300,000.00). The total approved in the PPMP was Php1,800,000.00. My question is can we have two separate biddings for this, one public bidding for the service vehicle with an ABC of P1,500,000.00 and another public bidding for the motor vehicles? Our BAC Secretariat suggested this way because according to them there are no suppliers who can supply both 4-wheel vehicle and 2-wheel vehicle. Or is it possible to conduct only 1 public bidding where bidders can bid per lot, meaning they can bid either of the two? Please advise which is the more or most appropriate way to deal this po. thanks in advance.

queen

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Bidding of Vehicles

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:25 am

regina avelino wrote:Good morning po to all,

I have a query. Our company is buying 3 service (4-wheel) vehicles worth P500,000.00 each (total of Php1,500,000.00) and 3 motor (two-wheel) vehicles worth P100,000.00 each (total of Php300,000.00). The total approved in the PPMP was Php1,800,000.00. My question is can we have two separate biddings for this, one public bidding for the service vehicle with an ABC of P1,500,000.00 and another public bidding for the motor vehicles? Our BAC Secretariat suggested this way because according to them there are no suppliers who can supply both 4-wheel vehicle and 2-wheel vehicle. Or is it possible to conduct only 1 public bidding where bidders can bid per lot, meaning they can bid either of the two? Please advise which is the more or most appropriate way to deal this po. thanks in advance.
queen
Have tried to read the guidelines on the aquisition and the use of government motor vehicles. If not follow the LINK Good luck bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by regina avelino on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:19 pm

[quote="sunriser431"]

Have tried to read the guidelines on the aquisition and the use of government motor vehicles. If not follow the LINK Good luck bounce

noted po sa guidelines on the acquisition and use of government motor vehicles, but how do we conduct our bidding as per my query po? queen

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:27 pm

I think it is better to categorize your procurement according to supplier, because supplier that specialize in a single product line can offer good price and after sale service than supplier who sell various product lines, they dont have ready stocks, they just order from other suppliers who specialized that product, just like a middlemen approach, the result is more expensive.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:09 am

queen

Yes, conduct public bidding but do it by lot. One lot for the 4-wheel vehicles and another lot for the 2-wheel vehicles. Award can be made by lot but you have to have separate ABCs on each lot.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:01 pm

[quote="regina avelino"]
sunriser431 wrote:

noted po sa guidelines on the acquisition and use of government motor vehicles, but how do we conduct our bidding as per my query po? queen
Sharing experience. For us GOCCs, the mode of procurement as always Public biddings, But the conduct and acquistion are seperate for two and 4 wheel vehicle. upon awarding we require the prospective bidders to provide comprehensive insurance for the unit, and other documents necessary etc. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by regina avelino on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:46 am

salamat po sa lahat ng comments po ninyo....

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Welcome po.
Jovinal