BAC honoraria

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BAC honoraria

Post by jopiq on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi,

item 5.8 of BC 2004-5A states that

" By reason of jurisprudence, a Department Undersecretary or Assistant Secretary who concurrently serves in the BAC, in whatever capacity, shall not be entitled to honoraria."

May I ask what does the phrase " by reason of jurisprudence" means. Does it refer to them being the ranks next to the secretary? Are they both considered second rank officials? In case of GOCC where the highest rank is the president then VP then department managers, are VP and managers the equivalent of USEC and ASEC?

jopiq

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : pnoc-ec
Occupation/Designation : accountant
Registration date : 2012-03-09

Back to top Go down

Re: BAC honoraria

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:46 pm

jopiq wrote:Hi,

" By reason of jurisprudence, a Department Undersecretary or Assistant Secretary who concurrently serves in the BAC, in whatever capacity, shall not be entitled to honoraria."

May I ask what does the phrase " by reason of jurisprudence" means. Does it refer to them being the ranks next to the secretary? Are they both considered second rank officials? In case of GOCC where the highest rank is the president then VP then department managers, are VP and managers the equivalent of USEC and ASEC?

Jurisprudence pertains to recent Supreme Court ruling/decisions such as that of Bitonio, Jr. vs COA (GR-147392).

[May I seek the concurrence of RDV @ GP3i if this was the jurisprudence being referred to by the mentioned DBM Circular.]
Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jopiq on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks for the reply. I read the link, however I think it does not apply to GOCCs because the constitution specifically refers non-entitlement of honoraria to Department Secretaries, undersecretary and assistant secretary.

jopiq

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : pnoc-ec
Occupation/Designation : accountant
Registration date : 2012-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:25 pm

jopiq wrote:Thanks for the reply. I read the link, however I think it does not apply to GOCCs because the constitution specifically refers non-entitlement of honoraria to Department Secretaries, undersecretary and assistant secretary.

Then it would only mean that the cited section (5.Cool of the DBM Circular would only applies to NGAs if that is the case. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Can I have a Copy or Link of BC 2004-5A.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:06 am

Jovinal wrote:Can I have a Copy or Link of BC 2004-5A.

click here >>> http://www.gppb.gov.ph/laws_rules/laws/BC_2004-5A.pdf

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovinal on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:02 am

Thank You Engr. JHEZ.
Jovinal
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Male Number of posts : 438
Company/Agency : LGU- Danao City
Occupation/Designation : City Accountant
Registration date : 2011-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 am

jopiq wrote:Hi,

Excerpts from AO#292 and read carefully section 15. Good luck bounce
Sec. 15. Inhibitions Against Executive Officials. - The President, Vice-President, the Members of the Cabinet, and their deputies or assistants shall not, unless otherwise provided in this Constitution, hold any other office or employment during their tenure. They shall not, during said tenure, directly or indirectly practice any other profession, participate in any business, or be financially interested in any contract with, or in any franchise, or special privilege granted by the Government or any subdivision, agency, or instrumentality thereof, including government-owned or controlled corporations or their subsidiaries. They shall strictly avoid conflicts of interest in the conduct of their office.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down