Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

EO 811 and Joint Resolution No. 4 of Congress

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EO 811 and Joint Resolution No. 4 of Congress

Post by brucewayne on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi to all,

It seems that Joint Resolution No. 4 of the Senate and the House of Representatives which was the basis of EO 811 of PGMA was unfavorable for us LGUs. This SSL III, to be implemented in four tranches starting this July 1 for employees in NGAs and the military and uniformed personnel except for LGUs which will initially start next year, was discriminating to LGU employees. According to my a reliable source, the ULAP requested for the implementation of the salary increase next year because next year is an election year and that they have to implement tangible projects this year which would help them get re-elected next year. They need the bulk of the IRA for their projects sacrificing the meager income of their employees which badly need an increase in compensation. LGU personnel are the lowest paid government employees because they only get a percentage (65% to 90% in case of municipalities) of the increase from their national government counterparts because their salaries depend on their income class. This is the first time that LGU personnel were singled out in EO 811 and in the Joint Resolution to have their salary increase next year and not the usual rationale which is "subject to the availability of funds". I think this is discriminating for us LGUs. So without much ado, I enjoin all other LGUs to let their voices be heard by Congress and PGMA. Can someboby post a similar opinion in the website of the senate and of the house of representatives and of the Phil. Gov't website? The league of treasurers and budget officers have done their part for submitting a league resolution to Congress for us LGUs to be included in the initial implementation this July and I hope the other leagues will follow suit. Let us be one in our crusade for the benefit of all local government employees. If the grant of salary increase will not be effective this year for LGUs we shall see to it that these senators and congressmen do not get elected in 2010. Let's have some new faces and drop the trapos. The DILG, I believe did not even fight for us and so with Senator Pimentel who is the author of RA 7160.

Though this is not the proper forum for this issue, I would just like to elicit comments from the NGAs who are active posters here and to my co-LGU employees. Please take note that BAC honoraria is affected by this EO. Very Happy
brucewayne

Male Number of posts : 23
Company/Agency : LGU-Alcala, Pangasinan
Occupation/Designation : ..... MPDC/BAC Chairman
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: EO 811 and Joint Resolution No. 4 of Congress

Post by riddler on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:09 pm

Because we LGU's are just an ordinary second class citizen of the Civil Service bruce. Haven't you noticed, we are always left-out of any goodies as compared to NG's Civil workers? Sad Probably, they eat much more than us in the LGU's. What an irony! Ha ha ha! lol!
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:32 pm

ruel wrote:Because we LGU's are just an ordinary second class citizen of the Civil Service bruce. Haven't you noticed, we are always left-out of any goodies as compared to NG's Civil workers? Sad Probably, they eat much more than us in the LGU's. What an irony! Ha ha ha! lol!
Here's the second irony. Those from NGAs (most of them) believe that LGUs are more "blessed" than them because of the independent power as "little Philippines". Some of them even envy LGU civil servants because they can work as close as possible from their homes with less worry on work outputs.

Whichever is true, let's all thank we still have our jobs - or shall we say our CAREER SERVICE - amidst recession. Learn to appreciate what we have and seek not what we haven't. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

JOINT RESOLUTION NO. 4, S.2009 IS UNCONSTITUNAL

Post by pbo ng bayan on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:00 pm

SENATE AND HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES JOINT RESOLUTION NO. 4, S.2009 IS UNCONSTITUNAL

WE APPEAL TO MY CO-EMPLOYEES OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY TO JOIN HANDS TO QUESTION BEFORE THE SUPREME COURT THE VALIDITY OF SENATE AND HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES JOINT RESOLUTION NO. 4, PARTICULARLY ITS PROVISION THAT JANUARY 1, 2010 (NOT JULY 1, 2009 AS THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL) SHALL BE THE EFFECTIVITY DATE ¬ OF THE MODIFIED COMPENSATION AND POSITION CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES. LET US FIND FOR US A GOOD LAWYER/S WHO COULD HELP BRING IMMEDIATELY THE ISSUE BEFORE THE SUPREME COURT.

THIS JOINT RESOLUTION NO 4, S. 2009 VIOLATED SECTION IX-B OF THE PHILIPPINE CONSTITUTION, WHICH STATES THAT CONGRESS SHALL PROVIDE STANDARDIZATION OF COMPENSATION OF GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES, BY PROVIDING FOR TWO (2) EFFECTIVITY DATES, JULY 1, 2009 FOR NATIONAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND JANUARY 1, 2010 FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNIT EMPLOYEES. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOINT RESOLUTION, EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 811, DATED JUNE 17, 2009, WAS ISSUED ADOPTING THE FIRST TRANCHE OF THE MODIFIED SALARY SCHEDULE WHICH SHALL TAKE EFFECT JULY 1, 2009 FOR NATIONAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES BUT JANUARY 1, 2010 FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL PER SECTION THEREOF.

THIS JOINT RESOLUTION NO 4, S. 2009 ALSO VIOLATED SECTION 1 OF ARTICLE III - BILL OF RIGHTS OF THE PHILIPPINE CONSTITUTION WHICH STATES THAT NO PERSON SHALL BE DENIED EQUAL PROTECTION OF LAW. EQUAL PROTECTION OF LAW SIGNIFIES THAT ALL PERSONS SUBJECT TO LEGISLATION SHOULD BE TREATED ALIKE UNDER LIKE CIRCUMSTANCES AND CONDITIONS BOTH IN THE PRIVILEGES CONFERRED AND LIABILITIES IMPOSED. ANG NATIONAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES LANG BA ANG APEKTADO NG HIGH COST OF LIVING, INFLATION, GLOBAL RECESSION, CLIMATE CHANGE, ETC.? TAYO BANG NASA LOCAL GOVERNMENTS AY HINDI NAGDARANAS NG MGA GANITONG KAHIRAPAN? THIS JOINT RESOLUTION IS A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE OF CLASS LEGISLATION. MALINAW NA NILABAG NIYA ATING KARAPATAN SA ILALIM NG SALIGANG BATAS TO EQUAL PROTECTION OF LAW.

THIS JOINT RESOLUTION NO. 4, S. 2009 VIOLATED THE GOVERNING PRINCIPLE OF EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL WORK UNDER THE CONSTITUTION AND REPUBLIC ACT 6758 WHICH THE SAID RESOLUTION PER ITS 2ND WHEREAS CONTINUED TO ADHERE TO. HOWEVER, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MANDATE OF THE CONSTITUTION, THE COMPENSATION SYSTEM UNDER RA 6758 HAD ONLY ONE (1) EFFECTIVITY DATE FOR NATIONAL AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS PERSONNEL, WHICH WAS JULY 1, 1989. THE JOINT RESOLUTION CONTRADICTED ITS OWN INTENTION UNDER THE 3RD WHEREAS TO BE MORE RESPONSIVE TO THE ECONOMIC NEEDS OF CIVILIAN PERSONNEL BY ADDRESSING ONLY THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL LEAVING THE ECONOMIC NEEDS OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT PESONNEL TO JANUARY 1, 2010.

WHY THIS JOINT RESOLUTION HAS STILL TO DELAY THE EFFECTIVITY DATE FOR LGU PERSONNEL TO JANUARY 1, 2010, SIX (6) MONTHS LATE THAN THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL, WHEN IT HAS PLACED ALREADY SO MANY SAFEGUARDS TO CONTROL AND LIMIT THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MODIFIED COMPENSATION BY THE LGUS SUCH, THAT SALARIES AND WAGES AND OTHER BENEFITS OF OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES OF THE LGUS SHALL BE DETERMINED BY THEIR RESPECTIVE SANGGUNIANS SUBJECT TO THE PERSONAL SERVICES LIMITATION BUT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE INCOME CLASS AND FINANCIAL CAPABILITY OF THE LGUS. THE RESOLUTION VIOLATED THE PRINCIPLE OF LOCAL AUTONOMY UNDER RA 7160. WE READ THE TRANSCRIPTS OF DISCUSSION AT THE PLENARY, THE EFFECTIVITY DATE OF JANUARY 1, 2010 WAS INSERTED SIMPLY AS AN AMENDMENT BUT WITHOUT ANY DISCUSSION OR JUSTIFICATION.

WE HOPE THE ISSUES RAISED HERE WILL BE BROUGHT IMMEDIATELY TO THE ATTENTION OF THE SUPREME COURT FOR IMMEDIATE DECISION.

CO-EMPLOYEES IN THE LGUS, LET US PROTECT OUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CONSTITUTION. GOOD LAWYERS, WE APPEAL FOR YOUR HELP.
pbo ng bayan

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : PBO
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:12 pm

aobama wrote:
Drivers from Titleist include Titleist Golf 907 D1 Drivers

Drivers from Titleist include Titleist Golf 907 D1 Drivers and Titleist Golf Pro Titanium 905R Drivers to name but a few. Titleist drivers are very popular with tour professionals and are well suited to golfers with mid to low handicaps. discount golf clubs are designed for golfers who are serious about their game. ishiner

As a contributor to the Forum, may I be enlightened as to who is Sir aobama? He has been posting guides on how to play the golf. I am certain that much to our desire to be educated in the game, I am sure these postings are misplaced. What do you think, friends?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:29 pm

jcolas wrote:
aobama wrote:
Drivers from Titleist include Titleist Golf 907 D1 Drivers

Drivers from Titleist include Titleist Golf 907 D1 Drivers and Titleist Golf Pro Titanium 905R Drivers to name but a few. Titleist drivers are very popular with tour professionals and are well suited to golfers with mid to low handicaps. discount golf clubs are designed for golfers who are serious about their game. ishiner

As a contributor to the Forum, may I be enlightened as to who is Sir aobama? He has been posting guides on how to play the golf. I am certain that much to our desire to be educated in the game, I am sure these postings are misplaced. What do you think, friends?

I would presume aobama is a spammer, most likely a 'bot' program that penetrated the threads of different fora. If it reacts, then at least we know he/she is human. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top