Latest topics

Inspection of completed infrastructure project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inspection of completed infrastructure project

Post by regina avelino on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:59 am

hi sirs/madammes, I know that my query is already beyond procurement stage and it relates to inspection of completed infrastructure project na. My query is who exactly conducts the inspection of a completed infrastructure project, is it the end-user or the engineering department who is in close coordination with the contractor? Or do they do this jointly? Is the contractor required to issue a Request for Final Inspection from the end-user or the engineering department? thanks po in advance... Like a Star @ heaven queen Like a Star @ heaven study

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 669
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Inspection of completed infrastructure project

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:25 pm

regina avelino wrote:hi sirs/madammes, I know that my query is already beyond procurement stage and it relates to inspection of completed infrastructure project na. My query is who exactly conducts the inspection of a completed infrastructure project, is it the end-user or the engineering department who is in close coordination with the contractor? Or do they do this jointly? Is the contractor required to issue a Request for Final Inspection from the end-user or the engineering department? thanks po in advance... Like a Star @ heaven queen Like a Star @ heaven study

Whoever is the one designated by the procuring entity to do that particular duty.

For contract implementation stage, you may need to read also the General Conditions of Contract and your Special Conditions of Contract when you bidded out the project, as well as Annex E of the IRR on the implementation of infrastructure projects.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by regina avelino on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:32 pm

noted sir, many thanks.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Baladette on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:16 pm

in our municipality po, the implementor of infra projects is usually the engineering department, since they are the ones who have expertise on the matter...the inspections are done by the engineering department also with the inspectorate team who shall sign in the final inspection.the inspectorate team consists of 2 SB members, the municipal engineer and the mpdo.
Baladette

Female Number of posts : 20
Company/Agency : Gemini Twin Gold Marketing
Occupation/Designation : Clerk
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by regina avelino on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:53 pm

yun din nga po ang sabi sa akin ng aming internal auditor. the engineering department or the project management office who is in close coordination with the contractor during the implementation stage. Saan naman po kaya papasok sa eksena yung end-user?

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:51 pm

RDV @ GP3i wrote:
regina avelino wrote:hi sirs/madammes, I know that my query is already beyond procurement stage and it relates to inspection of completed infrastructure project na. My query is who exactly conducts the inspection of a completed infrastructure project, is it the end-user or the engineering department who is in close coordination with the contractor? Or do they do this jointly? Is the contractor required to issue a Request for Final Inspection from the end-user or the engineering department? thanks po in advance... Like a Star @ heaven queen Like a Star @ heaven study

Whoever is the one designated by the procuring entity to do that particular duty.

For contract implementation stage, you may need to read also the General Conditions of Contract and your Special Conditions of Contract when you bidded out the project, as well as Annex E of the IRR on the implementation of infrastructure projects.

Very Happy if i may add. Very Happy

A Project Management Office (PMO) or a Procuring Entity's Representative maybe designated, whose powers are defined in the General Conditions of the Contract (GCC) mentioned by RDV( cheers ). Engineering department becomes the Procuring Entity's Engineer who is in charge in Contract Administration whose function/s are recommendatory in nature. Very Happy
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:32 pm

I believe the in-house designer of the propose infrastructure project must be taken into consideration and be part of the inspection team. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down