Editing of the Schedule of requirements

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Editing of the Schedule of requirements

Post by Edwardtandiama on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Good day,

May i ask for for the following instances if it is allowed in public bidding.

1. Editing of of the schedule of requirements - Is it allowed to edit the Schedule of requirements provided by the procuring entity? It is not stated in the RA1984.

2. Stating the quantity of the equipment based on the site survey and floor plans provided by the end user. - Is it allowed to put our own bid quantity of the schedule of requirements? For Example the procuring entity states that they need 10 dome cameras, but as per our site survey they only 8.

Regards,

Edward Tandiama

Edwardtandiama

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : Faire Technologies Inc.
Occupation/Designation : System Sales
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Editing of the Schedule of requirements

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:50 am

Edwardtandiama wrote:
Good day,

1. Editing of of the schedule of requirements - Is it allowed to edit the Schedule of requirements provided by the procuring entity? It is not stated in the RA1984.

I don't think you can do that. That schedule of requirement is what the procuring entity needs or prescribes and the moment you change that then your proposal will no longer be in accordance with the requirements of the procuring entity which will result to your outright disqualification.

What the bidder should do, if the schedule of requirement is unrealistic as far as it is concerned, is raise that before the BAC during pre-bid conference or send a request for clarification at least 10 c.d. before deadline for bid submission, so that if the BAC sees to your concern then it may issue a Supplemental/Bid Bulletin for the purpose.

Edwardtandiama wrote:2. Stating the quantity of the equipment based on the site survey and floor plans provided by the end user. - Is it allowed to put our own bid quantity of the schedule of requirements? For Example the procuring entity states that they need 10 dome cameras, but as per our site survey they only 8.

Regards,

Edward Tandiama

Again, you cannot, you can do the same thing as above, otherwise your price quotation should be to the procuring entity's requirement. If you quote based only on 8 units then your quote will not be responsive to the "requirement" of the procuring entity. You will be disqualified outright as it is not responsive to its needs.

If you are the winning bidder based on the 10 dome cameras, during implementation, you may arrange it to be reduced to just 8 based on you survey and that will be allowed as amendment to contract subject to the reduction in the contract price.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:38 pm

Edwardtandiama wrote:
Good day,

2. Stating the quantity of the equipment based on the site survey and floor plans provided by the end user. - Is it allowed to put our own bid quantity of the schedule of requirements? For Example the procuring entity states that they need 10 dome cameras, but as per our site survey they only 8.

Regards,

Edward Tandiama
Welcome to the forum Edward.
Regarding your concern, any data or information copy furnished by the procuring entity to prospective bidders must be complied so to avoid disqualification. If in doubt, any request for clarification must be in writing and submitted least 10 calendar days before the deadline for the submission of bids.
bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwardtandiama on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:40 am

Hi RDV @ GP3i and sunriser431,

Thank you for the replies and for the info. Both are very helpful.

I have another question, its about a document that is included in the technical component of the bid.

In the bid docs the procuring entity asked for a manufacturers certificate stating that the "we the manufacturer do hereby certify that the bidder is our representative for this bidding" and was also made clear in the pre-bid conference.

This is the situation. Currently their are 2 companies that is a distributor of a particular product here in the Philippines. Say we are company no. 1 and the other is company no. 2. We both joined the bidding and shall be offering the same product and models of the equipment that the procuring entity needs. But we have asked the manufacturer that they only issue the required manufacturer certificate to our company since we are the incumbent supplier and had registered the opportunity to them months ago. They said yes to our request and had confirmed this thru email. Now during the bid i had managed to ask the other supplier if they have the manufacturer's certificate and the representative replied that they had difficulty in attaining the document so they just submitted their certificate of distributorship. Now during the opening of the bid the representative was asked ( I only heard this vaguely) regarding the certificate and he managed to explain, was allowed to continue and eventually won the bid.

Is it possible that company no.2 will be found non complying under the post qualification due to the certificate even though that it was accepted during the bidding? Is it legal to give the BAC a heads up regarding this matter.

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to be as specific as possible.

Regards,

Edward

Edwardtandiama

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : Faire Technologies Inc.
Occupation/Designation : System Sales
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Recks1925 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:36 am

Edwardtandiama wrote:Hi RDV @ GP3i and sunriser431,

Thank you for the replies and for the info. Both are very helpful.

I have another question, its about a document that is included in the technical component of the bid.

In the bid docs the procuring entity asked for a manufacturers certificate stating that the "we the manufacturer do hereby certify that the bidder is our representative for this bidding" and was also made clear in the pre-bid conference.

This is the situation. Currently their are 2 companies that is a distributor of a particular product here in the Philippines. Say we are company no. 1 and the other is company no. 2. We both joined the bidding and shall be offering the same product and models of the equipment that the procuring entity needs. But we have asked the manufacturer that they only issue the required manufacturer certificate to our company since we are the incumbent supplier and had registered the opportunity to them months ago. They said yes to our request and had confirmed this thru email. Now during the bid i had managed to ask the other supplier if they have the manufacturer's certificate and the representative replied that they had difficulty in attaining the document so they just submitted their certificate of distributorship. Now during the opening of the bid the representative was asked ( I only heard this vaguely) regarding the certificate and he managed to explain, was allowed to continue and eventually won the bid.

Is it possible that company no.2 will be found non complying under the post qualification due to the certificate even though that it was accepted during the bidding? Is it legal to give the BAC a heads up regarding this matter.

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to be as specific as possible.

Regards,

Edward

Hi Edward, if I may share my opinion on this.....
Post qualification is a process of verification, validation of licenses, certifications, etc, it is also a process to determine if the LCB is responsive to all conditions and terms stated in the PBD.
Mere acceptance by the BAC of the "Certificate of Distributorship" during the bid opening signifies that the said instrument is accepted as equivalent to the required "manufacturer's certificate". Bidder No. 2 will only be non responsive if there will be evidence of falsified, inaccurate, etc on the documents submitted.
Recks1925
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 71
Company/Agency : PostalBank
Occupation/Designation : Div Head - EMD
Registration date : 2011-11-02

http://www.postalbank.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content