Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Yesterday at 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Alternate members

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alternate members

Post by regina avelino on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:23 am

Good morning po sa lahat. Section 11.2.4 allows the designation of alternate members to the BAC who shall have the same qualifications as their principals. Our BAC secretariat asked me that if in case the BAC chairman and vice chairman is absent, can the HOPE designate its alternate BAC chairman and vice chairman? Di ba po na the chairman and the vice chairman are also member of the BAC and the section 11.2.4 provides that the HOPE may designate alternate members to the BAC. Valid po ba yung recommendation ng BAC secretariat namin? pwede po ba yung alternate chairman and vice chairman for this purpose?

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Alternate members

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 pm

regina avelino wrote:Good morning po sa lahat. Section 11.2.4 allows the designation of alternate members to the BAC who shall have the same qualifications as their principals. Our BAC secretariat asked me that if in case the BAC chairman and vice chairman is absent, can the HOPE designate its alternate BAC chairman and vice chairman? Di ba po na the chairman and the vice chairman are also member of the BAC and the section 11.2.4 provides that the HOPE may designate alternate members to the BAC. Valid po ba yung recommendation ng BAC secretariat namin? pwede po ba yung alternate chairman and vice chairman for this purpose?

Good morning, Regina. The Chairman and Vice-Chairman are both members of the BAC, therefore the HOPE can really designate alternates for them, provided that the alternates have the same qualifications as them. The recommendation of your Secretariat is valid, but the designation of the alternate should not just be done during the time those two are absent.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by regina avelino on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:23 pm

you mean po sir an office order from the HOPE that an alternate chairman and vice chairman for 1 year, coterminus with the Chairman and Vice chairman?

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha1 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:02 pm

regina avelino wrote:you mean po sir an office order from the HOPE that an alternate chairman and vice chairman for 1 year, coterminus with the Chairman and Vice chairman?

Yes reggie,

But I have some reservation with regards to the Chairman having an alternate because it would be contrary to Section 12.4 (Meetings) which states that "The Chairman or in his absence, the Vice-Chairman, shall preside all meetings of the BAC. xxx" How can this section applies if the Chairman has also an alternate? If the Chairman has an alternate, he or she will preside the meeting instead of the Vice-Chairman as provided for under the aforementioned section.
alpha1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 145
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Department Head
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:29 pm

alpha1 wrote:
regina avelino wrote:you mean po sir an office order from the HOPE that an alternate chairman and vice chairman for 1 year, coterminus with the Chairman and Vice chairman?

Yes reggie,

But I have some reservation with regards to the Chairman having an alternate because it would be contrary to Section 12.4 (Meetings) which states that "The Chairman or in his absence, the Vice-Chairman, shall preside all meetings of the BAC. xxx" How can this section applies if the Chairman has also an alternate? If the Chairman has an alternate, he or she will preside the meeting instead of the Vice-Chairman as provided for under the aforementioned section.
could be possible if both are not present (Regular Chairman and Vice ) during the BAC meetings. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha1 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:33 am

sunriser431 wrote:
alpha1 wrote:

Yes reggie,

could be possible if both are not present (Regular Chairman and Vice ) during the BAC meetings. bounce

In that case the alternate of the Vice Chairman shall preside
alpha1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 145
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Department Head
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:58 am

alpha1 wrote:

Yes reggie,

I exactly have the same reservation as you, alpha1. I brought that out to the then Executive Director of GPPB-TSO, but we were told that an alternate Chairman is allowed.

In the case of LGUs, the Chairman and Vice-Chairman are elected by and among BAC members themselves, unlike in the case of NGAs and GOCCs where the Chair and Vice Chair are also designated by the HOPE. In that case, if all the BAC members have alternates, the alternate of the BAC member elected as Chair will then become the alternate BAC Chair, while the alternate of the BAC member elected as Vice Chair will also become the alternate Vice Chair. If the BAC Chair is absent, his/her alternate will preside and not the Vice Chair. That could be the reason why the alternate is required to have the same qualifications as his/her principal.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 am

RDV @ GP3i wrote:
alpha1 wrote:

Yes reggie,

I exactly have the same reservation as you, alpha1. I brought that out to the then Executive Director of GPPB-TSO, but we were told that an alternate Chairman is allowed.

In the case of LGUs, the Chairman and Vice-Chairman are elected by and among BAC members themselves, unlike in the case of NGAs and GOCCs where the Chair and Vice Chair are also designated by the HOPE. In that case, if all the BAC members have alternates, the alternate of the BAC member elected as Chair will then become the alternate BAC Chair, while the alternate of the BAC member elected as Vice Chair will also become the alternate Vice Chair. If the BAC Chair is absent, his/her alternate will preside and not the Vice Chair. That could be the reason why the alternate is required to have the same qualifications as his/her principal.

In case like this it it safe to say and quote the statement of the then Executive Director of GPPB-TSO, but we were told that an alternate Chairman is allowed.? bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:14 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
RDV @ GP3i wrote:
alpha1 wrote:

Yes reggie,

In case like this it it safe to say and quote the statement of the then Executive Director of GPPB-TSO, but we were told that an alternate Chairman is allowed.? bounce

This was already discussed in this forum. Follow this LINK.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content