Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

DESIGNATION OF HEAD OF BAC SECRETARIAT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DESIGNATION OF HEAD OF BAC SECRETARIAT

Post by msm326 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:43 pm

Good Day...Please express your opinions regarding this matter....Is it necessary to designate a Head of the Secretariat ...designating the Procuring Unit as the BAC Secretariat means that automatically the Head of the department/unit will automatically means she is the Head of the Secretariat or it should be indicated in the new Executive Order for BAC?
Thank you very much
msm326
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DESIGNATION OF HEAD OF BAC SECRETARIAT

Post by riddler on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:05 pm

msm326 wrote:Good Day...Please express your opinions regarding this matter....Is it necessary to designate a Head of the Secretariat ...designating the Procuring Unit as the BAC Secretariat means that automatically the Head of the department/unit will automatically means she is the Head of the Secretariat or it should be indicated in the new Executive Order for BAC?
Thank you very much
msm326

Yes. It is necessary to create/designate/appoint the Head of the Secretariat, it would be unwise to the HOPE kung hindi ma designate ang GSO Department Head na mamumuno sa Secretariat.

If we take a look at Sec. 14.1 of the IRR "x x x xx, the HOPE may reorganize existing Organic Office within the Procuring Entity to serve as the BAC Secretariat. x x x x x".,which in the case of LGU's is the General Services Department. I believed we have a lots of discussion on this matter in this forum.

kindly click it here.

http://gppb.topicsolutions.net/search.forum?search_keywords=Head+of+BAC+Secretariat

Last edited by ruel on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 am; edited 4 times in total
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Thank You Ruel....under RA 9184 , GSO is one of those members of the BAC...... considering that the GSO is also the Head of the Department so my analogy he is also the one responsible as head to oversee the activities of the members of the BAC Secretariat and not another Dept/division Head....
Thank you again ..... I hope the new IRR will identify every person that will work since some of the LGUs have different interpretations if it is not clearly identified....
msm326
Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:53 am

msm326 wrote:Thank You Ruel....under RA 9184 , GSO is one of those members of the BAC...... considering that the GSO is also the Head of the Department so my analogy he is also the one responsible as head to oversee the activities of the members of the BAC Secretariat and not another Dept/division Head....
Thank you again ..... I hope the new IRR will identify every person that will work since some of the LGUs have different interpretations if it is not clearly identified....
msm326
Very Happy

Discretion pa rin ng HOPE ang pag designate ng BAC Secretariat under Section 14.1 of the "old IRR" msm. What I am suggesting to the GPPB for the "NEW IRR", is to delete that discretion in the case of LGU's and identify the HEad of the BAC Secretariat (Dept Head of GSO) together with GSO personnel involved in procurement works as members of the BAC SEcretariat.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:57 pm

ruel wrote:
Discretion pa rin ng HOPE ang pag designate ng BAC Secretariat under Section 14.1 of the "old IRR" msm. What I am suggesting to the GPPB for the "NEW IRR", is to delete that discretion in the case of LGU's and identify the HEad of the BAC Secretariat (Dept Head of GSO) together with GSO personnel involved in procurement works as members of the BAC SEcretariat.
What would be your suggestion on this kind of scenario:

Say a certain General Services Office is tasked to take custody and inventory of all procured materials and supplies of a certain municipality headed by a Supply Officer with three plantilla personnel. The Head of the GSO is a regular BAC member. But the BAC Secretariat does not make use of the said (organic) office for BAC Secretariat functions. The Head of the BAC Secretariat, as to the rest of the staff, are all attending member - meaning, regular employees other than their procurement functions. If the Head of the BAC Secretariat suggests utilizing the plantilla personnel from GSO, that would initiate conflict with the Head of that Office. On the other hand, the Property Office cannot do it without the knowledge and expertise of the current attending members. To resolve, a merger must be the answer. ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF HAVING THE HEAD OF GSO ACT AS A REGULAR BAC MEMBER AND THE HEAD OF THE BAC SECRETARIAT AT THE SAME TIME? Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:20 pm

ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF HAVING THE HEAD OF GSO ACT AS A REGULAR BAC MEMBER AND THE HEAD OF THE BAC SECRETARIAT AT THE SAME TIME?

Thank you very much engrjhez....
For me, I don't see any problem that GSO as member as well as the Head of the Secretariat because it is basically what is happening being the person with knowledge on procurement related matters ( di po ba?) I hope this will be identified for LGUs because of the so many silent features arises so many interpretations.....
Can I return back the question to you .....ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF HAVING THE HEAD OF GSO ACT AS A REGULAR BAC MEMBER AND THE HEAD OF THE BAC SECRETARIAT AT THE SAME TIME?
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:47 pm

msm326 wrote:x x x
Can I return back the question to you .....ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF HAVING THE HEAD OF GSO ACT AS A REGULAR BAC MEMBER AND THE HEAD OF THE BAC SECRETARIAT AT THE SAME TIME?
msm326 Very Happy
The IRR identified initially where the BAC members of LGUs (Sec.11.2.2)will come from:

• The BAC shall be composed of one (1) representative each from the regular offices under the Office of the Local Chief Executive such as, but not limited to the following: Office of the Administrator, Budget Office, Legal Office, Engineering Office, General Services Offices.

The BAC Secretariat is somewhat crossing this line on Sec.14.1:

• ...He may also designate an existing organic office within the said procuring entity to serve as Secretariat. However, to strengthen and promote the professionalization of the organizations’ procuring unit, he may reorganize this unit by designating it as BAC Secretariat and redeploying appropriate existing personnel to it to perform this function, as well as procurement related task....

The law may be pertaining to the GSO, but that we cannot preclude. True enough that the law is unclear on this, and hence, subject to many interpretations. To me I AM NOT OPPOSING DUAL MEMBERSHIP (GSO as BAC and Head of BAC Sec).

But make no mistake,
I am in no opposition because the law doesn't as well. What I truly believe is that to be efficient, the GSO must choose in giving up the BAC or giving up the Secretariat. Although still depends on the LCE (HOPE), I am NOT IN FAVOR.

Consider this case when all regular office supplies are centralized to the GSO/Property Unit. If the GSO occupies both the BAC and the Sec, isn't it a "monopoly at play". The GSO needs to address both parties without sacrificing efficiency (not very practical). Instead, the GSO may choose to retain membership in the BAC, and call on the creation of BAC Sec from attending members. Checking is internally possible, and balance is maintained. On the other way around if he/she chooses to be the Head of the BAC Sec, simply give up the BAC seat to focus on administrative support and procurement monitoring (but this is most of the time not chosen as an option Very Happy )

Two heads are better than one. Please visit this topic.

PS. No offense meant to dual-members. This is an opinion only for purposes of discussion. afro
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:31 am

agree! absolutely!
I suggest to separate the GSO Head from becoming a BAC member for LGU's. Let the GSO Head be the Head of the BAC SEcretariat and bring its staff in its procurement section as the members of the BAC Secretariat.

For me mahirap para sa GSO head ang tatlo ang responsibilty, GSO head, BAC-Secretariat Head, at saka BAC- member.. ok sa akin yung dual position for the GSO head engrjhez, but he/she should give up its BAc-membership and concentrate as the HEad of the bAC secretariat and the GSO head.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:07 am

ruel wrote:agree! absolutely!
I suggest to separate the GSO Head from becoming a BAC member for LGU's. Let the GSO Head be the Head of the BAC SEcretariat and bring its staff in its procurement section as the members of the BAC Secretariat.
AGREE also. However, I think there is a need to amend the law to remove the "conflict in Section 11 and make categorical statements on Section 14. But this will automatically deprive the GSO of the "prestigious" BAC membership. What I see here is that those Sections were made like that so that a discretion can be applied bothways for the BAC and Secretariat (to make a flexible option for the GSO). The only trouble is it did not prohibit multiple designations which to me is not entirely practical and efficient.
ruel wrote:
For me mahirap para sa GSO head ang tatlo ang responsibilty, GSO head, BAC-Secretariat Head, at saka BAC- member.. ok sa akin yung dual position for the GSO head engrjhez, but he/she should give up its BAc-membership and concentrate as the HEad of the bAC secretariat and the GSO head.
True. Although they may be parallel in work nature, its analogy goes like this:

GSO Dept -> Head BAC Sec -> BAC Member
procurement officer -> procurement administrator -> procurement decision maker
agency supply officer -> BAC admin support -> BAC itself din?

Seems like a three-in-one coffee. Although I am a patron of 3-in-1 ready mix coffee everyday, I still wish I could have time in mixing it from two or three different sources. Peace. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ram_ramada on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:58 pm

a good mixture of ideas... thanks po
ram_ramada

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : DENR-NCR
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretary
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:06 pm

nice opinions ....
at any rate, perhaps what is important provisions of the GPRA are strictly adhere by all the members of the BAC.

Good day

msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:59 pm

msm326 wrote:ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF HAVING THE HEAD OF GSO ACT AS A REGULAR BAC MEMBER AND THE HEAD OF THE BAC SECRETARIAT AT THE SAME TIME?

Thank you very much engrjhez....
For me, I don't see any problem that GSO as member as well as the Head of the Secretariat because it is basically what is happening being the person with knowledge on procurement related matters ( di po ba?) I hope this will be identified for LGUs because of the so many silent features arises so many interpretations.....
msm326 Very Happy

LGUs may adopt the guidelines issued by the DBM on the establishment of procurement units (NBC 517), for NGAs, GOCCs, GFIs, and SUCs.

Under that guidelines, procurement units shall serve concurrently as BAC Secretariat. Moreover, it provides that "the head of the procurement units shall be a regular member of the TWG of the BAC. Agencies are also encouraged to designate the head of the procurement unit as a regular member of the BAC/s if s/he meets the requirements prescribed by Sec. 11.2.1 of the IRR."

In the case of LGUs, in order not to overburden the GSO Head, his/her Asst. GSO Head could be the Head of the BAC Secretariat while the GSO Head could be a member of the TWG and the BAC.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Berna on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 am

Di po kaya ma overload???????