Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

COA and their guidelines

View previous topic View next topic Go down

COA and their guidelines

Post by slayer on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Greetings.

Im just confused the role of COA and their guidelines.
Here are my questions to wit:

1. Do they have the same guidelines and rules of GPPB?

2. They are authorized to conduct training and seminars regarding R.A. 9184?

3. Is Pre Audit allowed?

4. Is performance security must be in a form of cash, as per advised by COA.

5. Is the PPMP of COA must be consolidated to APP as part of the agency that they handled or they have a separate funds for their budget? Centralized to their Regional Office.

Thanks and more power. Godbless

slayer

Male Number of posts : 39
Company/Agency : Government Employee
Occupation/Designation : BAC Staff
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: COA and their guidelines

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:38 pm

May I answer your queries to the best of my knowledge:

1. Do they (COA) have the same guidelines and rules of GPPB?
YES. But some COA agencies seem to be a bit outdated as to latest issuances.

2. They are authorized to conduct training and seminars regarding R.A. 9184?
They may conduct training seminars, but only the DBM thru GPPB may "authoritatively" conduct such.

3. Is Pre Audit allowed?
There is no direct prohibition (and no direct affirmation) of Pre-Audit. For as long as the COA does not conflict with the CHECK and BALANCE principle, they may continue to exercise their functions and we are required to submit to it.

4. Is performance security must be in a form of cash, as per advised by COA.
Performance security may be in the form of cash - not a must. See amended by GPPB Resolution 014-2006, dated 20 July 2006, published in the Philippine Star on 09 September 2006.

5. Is the PPMP of COA must be consolidated to APP as part of the agency that they handled or they have a separate funds for their budget? Centralized to their Regional Office.
COA is a national agency. It has its own budget extracted from national funds. However, in case of LGUs (or in some other national offices) who wish to support and procure for the COA in their agency, they may use local funding which may require to incorporate and consolidate such PPMP to their APP.

Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks for the comment, im dearly waiting for it.

Also im waiting for the response of others. Godspeed.

slayer

Male Number of posts : 39
Company/Agency : Government Employee
Occupation/Designation : BAC Staff
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:51 pm

No problem. It's a pleasure sharing my ideas. If I may have incorrect or insufficient statements, please advise me too so that very essence of this forum may be appropriately served. [I hope there's a COA on board] Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

COA

Post by shobe on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:46 am

Does COA and GPPB ave the same guidelines and rules?
[/i]
COA, being an independent constitutional body is primarily tasked to: a) audit all accounts pertaining to all government revenues and expenditures/uses of government resources and; b) prescribe accounting and auditing rules, whereas, the GPPB is primarily established to protect national interest in all matters affecting public procurement. Given the different mandates proscribed for each entity, it is my opinion that their guidelines and rules may actually differ in scope and intent.

Although I have to admit that coordination of both agencies will greatly help procurement practitioners in understanding and implementing the provisions of GPRA.

Are COA auditors authorized to conduct training and seminars regarding R.A. 9184?

I don’t think GPPB prohibits COA or any entity, for that matter, to conduct trainings and seminars regarding GPRA. However, it would be greatly advisable for those who wish to help GPPB in info dissemination to study and respect the rules and regulations, as well as opinions, it has promulgated and issued.

• Is Pre Audit allowed?[/u]

COA Circular No. 95-006 issued pursuant to PD 1445, which placed fiscal responsibility, including prevention of anomalies, on heads of audited agencies may have been construed by some COA officials to have prohibited them from pre-audit since 1995.

It would be good to note however that Article IX, D, Section 2 of the 1987 Constitution provides:

"However, where the internal control system of the audited agencies is inadequate, the Commission may adopt such measures, including temporary or special pre-audit, as are necessary and appropriate to correct the deficiencies. It shall keep the general accounts of the Government and, for such period as may be provided by law, preserve the vouchers and other supporting papers pertaining thereto." (emphasis supplied)

Clearly, pre-audit may be undertaken by COA given the foregoing requisite.

• Must the performance security be in a form of cash, as advised by COA?
[/u]

Assuming that COA has used the word “must” in said advisory (whether it be in the form of a circular or memorandum) I believe that said advisory contravenes with Section 39.1 of the IRR-A, which clearly provides that the performance security “may” be in several forms other than cash.

I hope this post helps you archiekins. Smile
shobe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 79
Company/Agency : Makati Firm
Occupation/Designation : Lawyer
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content