minimum wage law

Go down

minimum wage law

Post by isabelo c. rodriguez on Tue May 15, 2012 1:49 am

hi everyone! i woull like to ask: is it true that the minimum wage law does not apply to infra/construction workers? some are of the opinion that indeed infra workers are not covered due to the "pakyaw" system employed by some contractors and this law is only applicable to security guards, janitors, etc.. in one of our bidding for infra, two contractors were post-disqualified due to non-compliance with this provision and one of them insisted that such law does not cover construction workers. is he correct?

isabelo c. rodriguez

Male Number of posts : 36
Company/Agency : national meat inspection service
Occupation/Designation : oic, property unit
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: minimum wage law

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue May 15, 2012 7:34 am

isabelo c. rodriguez wrote:hi everyone! i woull like to ask: is it true that the minimum wage law does not apply to infra/construction workers? some are of the opinion that indeed infra workers are not covered due to the "pakyaw" system employed by some contractors and this law is only applicable to security guards, janitors, etc.. in one of our bidding for infra, two contractors were post-disqualified due to non-compliance with this provision and one of them insisted that such law does not cover construction workers. is he correct?

If you conducted public bidding for infra, the contractors which bidded for the project will certainly be covered. They are required to submit an omnibus sworn statement and one of the items in that statement is that the contractor is certifying that it is complying with labor laws and standards. Of course, a certification of compliance to labor laws would also mean that the contractor is complying with the minimum wage law.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down