Latest topics

ITBs AND AWARDING

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ITBs AND AWARDING

Post by wild_card on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:59 pm

Please have your comments and suggestion on the below matters:

1.) Lately, in our ITBs, we only show the ABC (total) and the corresponding items.

a.) with the abovementioned set-up, would it be okay for us to have an itemized awarding, that is, awarding would be a per item basis and not basing on who got the lowest total bids? Take note that the items are mixed (construction materials, electrical, plumbing, etc.) and the estimated cost per item were not shown.

b.) since we had an itemized awarding, bidders’ quotation were being compared to our estimated cost per item and if the quotation/s made by bidders exceeded our estimated cost, then a failure of bidding be declared for that item/s, thus have the item/s scheduled for another bidding.

2.) One (1) ITB composes of, let say, 4 Lots:
Lot I - Sand and Gravel
Lot II - Construction Materials
Lot III - Electrical Materials
Lot IV - Commercial Lumbers

a.) do we still have to show/indicate the ABC(total) (sum of the 4 Lots) or just the ABC per Lot?

b.) Will bid security be based on the ABC or the total cost per Lot?

3.) One ITB for two(2) or more projects
a.) can we combine/consolidate the items to be procured?

4.) One project, multiple ITBs
a.) since we grouped similar items, thus having several Lots, would it be okay to have one (1) ITB for every Lot?
wild_card

Female Number of posts : 22
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: ITBs AND AWARDING

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:21 pm

wild_card wrote:Please have your comments and suggestion on the below matters:

1.) Lately, in our ITBs, we only show the ABC (total) and the corresponding items.

a.) with the abovementioned set-up, would it be okay for us to have an itemized awarding, that is, awarding would be a per item basis and not basing on who got the lowest total bids? Take note that the items are mixed (construction materials, electrical, plumbing, etc.) and the estimated cost per item were not shown.
That is your choice, but you have to indicate it in the bidding documents and have it emphasized on the pre-bid conference.
wild_card wrote:
b.) since we had an itemized awarding, bidders’ quotation were being compared to our estimated cost per item and if the quotation/s made by bidders exceeded our estimated cost, then a failure of bidding be declared for that item/s, thus have the item/s scheduled for another bidding.
Failure shall only apply if there are no other bidders who didn't exceed the ABC per lot.
wild_card wrote:
2.) One (1) ITB composes of, let say, 4 Lots:
Lot I - Sand and Gravel
Lot II - Construction Materials
Lot III - Electrical Materials
Lot IV - Commercial Lumbers

a.) do we still have to show/indicate the ABC(total) (sum of the 4 Lots) or just the ABC per Lot?
If you really intend to make it per lot, then the sum of the four (4) lots doesn't mean anything.
wild_card wrote:
b.) Will bid security be based on the ABC or the total cost per Lot?
In "per lot" item bidding, each have their own ABCs, so it follows each lot as earlier defined need to have separate bid securities as each of them is subject for individual awards.
wild_card wrote:
3.) One ITB for two(2) or more projects
No problem with that as long as you have identified individual ABCs, source(s) of funds, and other contract details. This practice saves publishing costs while still complying with the advertisement requirements.
wild_card wrote:
a.) can we combine/consolidate the items to be procured?
That is the very essence of the formulation of APP - to consolidate similar procurements so as to minimize the number of biddings without circumventing the law.
wild_card wrote:
4.) One project, multiple ITBs
You mean multiple posting/publishing? I don't get the logic why you need multiple ITBs for only one contract.
wild_card wrote:
a.) since we grouped similar items, thus having several Lots, would it be okay to have one (1) ITB for every Lot?
That's the most logical thing to do especially if the different lots correspond to one project.Very Happy

NOTE: Answers were based on the assumption that this is all about procurement of goods - not infrastructures.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:48 am

riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by wild_card on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:32 am

thanks engrjhez for the detailed comments!! Smile
wild_card

Back to top Go down

Post by misty on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:36 pm

i have a question.

since there are four lots, does this mean that the BAC members receive honorarium per lot?

thank you.
misty
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 71
Occupation/Designation : finance
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by wild_card on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:52 pm

actually po, their honorarium was based on their attendance during meetings/bidding.

pakicomment nalang din po ninyo itong practice na to. thanks!!
wild_card

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:00 pm

hello wild_card, you can make use of the "search engine" at the top right side of this forum, to navigate topics which may have been answered relative to your question. (i.e. you type "honorarium", and voila! informations pertaining to BAC honorarium will just pop-up in red letters on this forum.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:52 pm

wild_card wrote:actually po, their honorarium was based on their attendance during meetings/bidding.

pakicomment nalang din po ninyo itong practice na to. thanks!!
I beg to disagree. The law have identified DBM to issue the necessary guidelines for the grant of honoraria - and it is based on completed procurements. While it is a common conception of most accounting office that honoraria is somewhat similar to "overtime" the two are different.

HONORARIA is per output basis.
OVERTIME is, uh, as the word implies, time based.

In the case of BAC Honoraria, procurement proceedings were actually extra functions done mostly on official time. That is why the law mentioned the term "jury duty" which means to prioritize above all other regular functions. It is never overtime work for them. Short cut tayo:

• The BAC is a collective noun. Kaya nga committee eh. Not every single member shall call themselves BAC kasi it refers to a group of people. Now suppose on leave yung isang member sa opening of bids, pero present sya althroughout from pre-proc to award. Ibig bang sabihin ay pro-rata siya sa honoraria? The law (and even the DBM guidelines) does not distinguish, so why anyone distinguish? The question kasi here is, in the end, hindi ba 100% completed and trabaho nung nawala ang isang member? It is 100% still because me tinatawag tayong quorum.

• Unlike OVERTIME pay, you are simply paid by the hour. Halimbawa, meron tayong kailangan matapos na job na kailangang i-OT. Person 1 can do it in 4 hours. Person 2 can do it in 6 hours. Person 3 can do it in 8 hours. Kung isa lang ang output na pinag-uusapan natin, each person shall only be paid by the hour. Gets nyo? Very Happy

In the end, I truly believe that once a payroll is issued, as recommended by the BAC Chair, and approved by the HOPE, the honoraria based on number of completed procurements (not exceeding 25% of basic monthly salary) shall be self-serving its purpose. Twisted Evil

There's an exhausting clarification on the grant of honoraria here.

engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Greetings

In connection with the advertising per lot, for example the bidder quoted only 1 lot which is 4 lots advertised in the Philgeps, can we said the bidder to be non complying coz of the grounds he or she quoted only 1 lot for the 4 lots advertised? can it be a grounds for disqualification?

this only happens to goods i believe. Thanks

slayer

Male Number of posts : 39
Company/Agency : Government Employee
Occupation/Designation : BAC Staff
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 pm

slayer wrote:Greetings

In connection with the advertising per lot, for example the bidder quoted only 1 lot which is 4 lots advertised in the Philgeps, can we said the bidder to be non complying coz of the grounds he or she quoted only 1 lot for the 4 lots advertised? can it be a grounds for disqualification?

It is up to the procuring entity. However, the general rule is that "bids must be complete", unless the PE expressly allow submission of partial bids on bidding documents. Very Happy

engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:48 pm

slayer wrote:Greetings

If you have a separate ABC for each lot and you clearly indicated in your ITB/BDS (bidding documents) that evaluation shall be by lot, then you have no basis for disqualifying a bidder which bids partially (or in only one lot).
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by wild_card on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:04 am

RDV wrote:

If you have a separate ABC for each lot and you clearly indicated in your ITB/BDS (bidding documents) that evaluation shall be by lot, then you have no basis for disqualifying a bidder which bids partially (or in only one lot).

that's what we are practicing now, awarding by lot. but i have some questions:

1) what if there's only one supplier who quoted for a certain lot and was not able to bid all the items under the said lot, would it be okay to have an itemized awarding then?

2) what if the lowest bidder by lot got a non-responsive offer for just one item in the said Lot, do we have to award it to the next lowest bidder whose quotations satisfy the specifications of the end-user?

3) after the opening of bids, the end-user realized that they had a wrongs specs or say, they need have to modify an item under a certain Lot, say Lot I. can we still award the items under Lot I excluding the items to be modified or we need have to rebid the items under Lot I?
wild_card

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:44 am

wild_card wrote:
RDV wrote:

that's what we are practicing now, awarding by lot. but i have some questions:

1) what if there's only one supplier who quoted for a certain lot and was not able to bid all the items under the said lot, would it be okay to have an itemized awarding then?
If you indicated in the ITB that evaluation and awarding is by lot, then you cannot make an awarding by item later on. If there was only one bidder and that bidder did not bid in all of the items in the only lot he bidded, you have no other way to go but disqualify that bidder. Since he is the lone bidder, then you have a failure of bidding.

wild_card wrote:2) what if the lowest bidder by lot got a non-responsive offer for just one item in the said Lot, do we have to award it to the next lowest bidder whose quotations satisfy the specificatiu ons of the end-user?
If the lowest bidder has a "non-responsive offer" as you said, then you post-disqualify him and issue a notice of post-disqualification accordingly citing therein the reason why you find an item in his offer as non-responsive. You do not award immediately to the next lowest bidder but you have to immediately subject him to post-qualification process. If you find that his bid is responsive then you recommend the award of contract to that 2nd lowest bidder.

wild_card wrote:3) after the opening of bids, the end-user realized that they had a wrongs specs or say, they need have to modify an item under a certain Lot, say Lot I. can we still award the items under Lot I excluding the items to be modified or we need have to rebid the items under Lot I?
If the end-user only realized the "wrong specs" after the bids have been opened, you have no choice but to declare a failure of bidding. You cannot award only on the remaining items only since your basis for evaluation and award is by lot. You can only do that if your ITB clearly indicates that evaluation and award is by item.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by wild_card on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:16 pm

thanks sir RDV!!

in our bid documents, we stated in there the basis of our awarding:

1) quotation by lot will be first prioritzed, provided total quotation wont exceeded the total ABC.

2) partial bids be allowed if quotation by lot is not complied.

would the above statement can support of having an itemized awarding if no single bidder had a complete quotation of the items in a certain lot?
wild_card

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:44 pm

wild_card wrote:thanks sir RDV!!

1) quotation by lot will be first prioritzed, provided total quotation wont exceeded the total ABC.

would the above statement can support of having an itemized awarding if no single bidder had a complete quotation of the items in a certain lot?

Since you allowed partial bids, within each lot, although priority is given to quotations by lot, did you provide also separate ABCs for each item, aside from ABCs by lot?

If you did not, how will you be able to compare the bid for each item against the ABC, if the ABC by item was not indicated.

Second, did the bidder indicate that he is bidding per lot or per item? If not, then you are, in effect, giving yourselves the discretion to evaluate either by lot or by item. Bid evaluation is supposed to be still non-discretionary.

Maybe it would help you if you read the following opinion by GPPB on partial bids:
http://www.gppb.gov.ph/opinions/view_opinion.asp?o_id=149
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by wild_card on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:12 pm

RDV wrote:
wild_card wrote:thanks sir RDV!!

Since you allowed partial bids, within each lot, although priority is given to quotations by lot, did you provide also separate ABCs for each item, aside from ABCs by lot?

If you did not, how will you be able to compare the bid for each item against the ABC, if the ABC by item was not indicated.

sir RDV, we didnt provide separate ABCs per item but comparison will be against our ABC per line item which were indicated in the PR submitted.

our ABC per line item will only be reflected in the abstract of bids thus, having us the basis of awarding it by item if quotation by lot is not complied.

corrections, comments, and suggestions regarding our practice are very much welcome!
wild_card

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:18 pm

by wild_card
we didnt provide separate ABCs per item but comparison will be against our ABC per line item which were indicated in the PR submitted.

our ABC per line item will only be reflected in the abstract of bids thus, having us the basis of awarding it by item if quotation by lot is not complied.

corrections, comments, and suggestions regarding our practice are very much welcome!

I assume you posted (it in the Philgeps website) the individual line items in your Notice of Creation Page (Notice Description page). If not then you cannot award it by line item, since the individual budget for each item have not posted or supplied. The PR cannot be use as the basis for the comparison of the line item budget for each, what is required is the posting (in the Notice of Creation Page ) of the individual line item or lots. If you follow that procedure, how can you create award in the Philgeps.

The Procedure
The Philgeps would allow you to post your bid opportunities to several lots or lots in one bid notice.This will also allows you to award per item or lot provided a separate ABC for each item or lot is provided. The Philgeps system automatically validates the budget entered for each item and the total does not exceed the ABC specified (total ABC for all items or Lots) for the Bid opportunities.

Additional information in using Philgeps.
If you post the line items( having individual Budgets, you can create an award for each of the line items. If the line items have no individual budget each, then only one award can be created.This means that all line items will be awarded to only one supplier. Hope this will Help. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down