Latest topics

Direct Contracting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Direct Contracting

Post by Elvira V. Vinzon on Thu May 24, 2012 11:52 am

I just want to add to my previous query that the procuring entity use direct contracting as mode of procurement for the same services, now how many times will they resort to direct contracting?

Elvira V. Vinzon

Female Number of posts : 3
Company/Agency : Commission on Audit
Occupation/Designation : State Auditor
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Direct Contracting

Post by regina avelino on Thu May 24, 2012 1:02 pm

Section 50. Direct Contracting
Direct Contracting or single source procurement is a method of procurement of goods that does not require elaborate Bidding Documents. The supplier is simply asked to submit a price quotation or a pro-forma invoice together with the conditions of sale. The offer may be accepted immediately or after some negotiations. Direct contracting may be resorted to by concerned Procuring Entities under any of the following conditions:

a) Procurement of goods of proprietary nature which can be obtained only from the proprietary source, i.e. when patents, trade secrets, and copyrights prohibit others from manufacturing the same item;

b) When the procurement of critical plant components from a specific supplier is a condition precedent to hold a contractor to guarantee its project performance, in accordance with the provisions of its contract; or
c) Those sold by an exclusive dealer or manufacturer which does not have sub-dealers selling at lower prices and for which no suitable substitute can be obtained at more advantageous terms to the GOP.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 669
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Thu May 24, 2012 1:50 pm

"elvira v. vinzon wrote"
I just want to add to my previous query that the procuring entity use direct contracting as mode of procurement for the same services, now how many times will they resort to direct contracting?

As the need arises!!!
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content