Preparation of PPMP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Preparation of PPMP

Post by iamcris on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Good day!

Just want to ask for some ideas in organizing the making of the PPMP's of our different departments/sections/offices.
I'll be requiring the submission of the PPMP's soon, and i'm somehow still not convinced with the current practice that we have.
I'm working in a hospital and was assigned in the supply section and was tasked to collect and consolidate the PPMP's into APP (it's not even suppose to be assigned in our office it should be the responsibility of the BAC Sec right?).

For how many years, what they have been doing in making the PPMP was requiring each office (supply, acctg, admin, dietary, nursing service, COH office, Medical Records Section, Dental, X-ray, lab., etc.) to submit a list of equipment and office/medical supplies that they need in a form labeled as PPMP. What I think is that the inclusion of office supplies in the PPMP's of every section/office is unnecessary, it can be included in the Supply Section's PPMP only and that's for all offices/section's office supplies. My reason for this is that as the supply section of the agency we have the information of how much supplies that is consumed or to be consumed for the year and we should be responsible on the management and planning of how much supplies are to be procured. Is my idea right? Or do you have other ideas on how to work on this? also with the equipments and other necessary things to be included in each sections' PPMP. Thank you very much!

iamcris

Male Number of posts : 34
Company/Agency : MRH
Occupation/Designation : TWG
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Preparation of PPMP

Post by regina avelino on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:36 am

Good morning po to all members.

1. You are correct that it is the responsibility of the BAC Secretariat in consolidating PPMP into APP as per Section 14.1.i of the IRR. As far as I know, the BAC secretariat will evaluate (if applicable or not) the mode of procurement for each item which the concern offices have indicated in their PPMP, which could not be your line of expertise.

2. I would like to share with you how we do this in our company. All office supplies and materials are not included in each department's PPMP. This is centralized with our Property Department. All computer, accessories and paraphernalia is also not included in each department's PPMP. This is centralized with our MIS Department. We also apply this to our maintenance centralized to Engineering Department, training and consulting services to our Human Resources Department and so on and so forth. In summary we make it a point of having a centralized procurement arm in the company.

Hope this would help you.

thank you.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 663
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by iamcris on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:58 pm

I have thought of that too, that's why my first move is to "centralize" the supplies and materials to our supply section/property department. But for now were not large enough to be divided into different departments but we're practicing the same idea. We have our Maintenance Section assigned for the repair/construction supplies and materials, Motor Vehicle Section for the vehicle parts/supplies, Nursing Service for the medical equipment & supplies. But Dental supplies & equipment is solely assigned to the Dental Office/Clinic, Laboratory for it's own supplies & reagents, also x-ray for their own supplies. And Offices such as the admin, acctg, med records, supply etc is making their own PPMP for supplies and equipments (IT & Office Equipment).

I think exclusion of the office supplies in every offices' PPMP is somehow enough for now. Very Happy Which means inclusion of equipment are still in each offices' responsibility. Thank you for sharing your idea & your own practice. It's really helpful. i'm looking forward to applying it in the future.

Thanks a lot.

iamcris

Back to top Go down

Post by iamcris on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm

I have thought of that too, that's why my first move is to "centralize" the supplies and materials to our supply section/property department. But for now were not large enough to be divided into different departments but we're practicing the same idea. We have our Maintenance Section assigned for the repair/construction supplies and materials, Motor Vehicle Section for the vehicle parts/supplies, Nursing Service for the medical equipment & supplies. But Dental supplies & equipment is solely assigned to the Dental Office/Clinic, Laboratory for it's own supplies & reagents, also x-ray for their own supplies. And Offices such as the admin, acctg, med records, supply etc is making their own PPMP for supplies and equipments (IT & Office Equipment).

I think exclusion of the office supplies in every offices' PPMP is somehow enough for now. Which means inclusion of equipment in their PPMP's are still in each offices' responsibility. Thank you for sharing your idea & your own practice. It's really helpful. i'm looking forward to applying it in the future.

Thanks a lot.

iamcris

Back to top Go down

Post by red crimson on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:49 pm

in our institution, the different heads of offices prepare their own PPMPs (IRR, Rule II, Section 7.3.2), they being the end-users as defined by r.a. 9184, based on their historical data of quantity and schedule (monthly, quarterly, etc.).

IRR, Rule II, Section 7.3.3, points out the necessity of submitting the PPMPs to the budget office for evaluation.

the completed PPMPs per office are then submitted to the BAC Secretariat for consolidation (IRR, Rule II, Section 7.3.4).

i hope this helps. Wink
red crimson

Male Number of posts : 12
Company/Agency : csu
Occupation/Designation : asst. prof./bac member
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by red crimson on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:52 pm

i want to add that amendments to the APP can be made if further procurement was not included in the PPMP.
Rolling Eyes
red crimson

Male Number of posts : 12
Company/Agency : csu
Occupation/Designation : asst. prof./bac member
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by iamcris on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Thanks, I read that part from the revised IRR too. How about the revisions/amendment? how do you do it? it's stated in the revised IRR

Rule II Sec 7.4 7.4. Updating of the individual PPMPs and the consolidated APP for each procuring entity shall be undertaken every six (6) months or as often as may be required by the Head of the Procuring Entity. The updating of the PPMPs shall be the responsibility of the respective end-user units of the Procuring Entities, while the consolidation of these PPMPs into an APP shall be lodged with the BAC Secretariat, subject to approval of the Head of the Procuring Entity.(a)

How do you do it in your agencies? and in what circumstances? and how about Supplemental APPs? when do you use it?

iamcris

Back to top Go down

Post by regina avelino on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:05 pm

We usually do the updating, amendments and review of our respective ppmp every june, which is already halfway for our calendar year operation. Our bac secretariat will issue a memorandum requesting each department to update, amend, revise the ppmp and to submit on a particular date. Since we are given an approved copy of our respective ppmp prior the start of the year, we just have to retrieve it from our file and revise/amend accordingly. What triggers the amendments/revisions?

1. Change of procurement method, say: from public bidding to emergency purchase because due to time constraints and there is need to make the immediate purchase and the likes.
2. Deferrals of procurement of certain projects because of lack of budget
3. Realignment of budget
4. supplemental budget.
5. Combination of the above, nos. 2,3 and 4.

We also add another column which project is already completed. The uncompleted project must be given a revised target dates if necessary.

We then provide the updated/revised ppmp to the accounting department for budgeting, etc.

the accounting department will forward the ppmp to bac secretariat for appropriateness of the mode of procurement and consolidation of the ppmp to app and submit to BAC for evaluation and recommends approval to HOPE

HOPE will then approve disapproved app.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by iamcris on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 pm

How about supplemental APPs?

iamcris

Back to top Go down

Post by regina avelino on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:50 pm

we don't use/practice supplemental APPs. When a department requests for supplemental budgets, this will be reflected in the PPMPs which usually happens during mid-year review in June. For example: the budget for repairs for 2012 is 500K, during the 1 quarter of 2012, the budget of 500K was used up because of unexpected property repairs. The department concern will have no budgets for 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter. The agency will have to approve supplemental budgets for repair expenses for the 2nd quarter. Come the mid-year review, which the agency requires all concern department to updates of the PPMP, the actual expenses will be reflected for the 1st half. The PPMP will also indicate additional budget now for 3rd and 4th quarter. All of this will be reflected in the APP which is consolidated by the bac secretariat. In short, supplemental will be indicated in the respective PPMP, not APP. APP will be updated based on the updated PPMP. Hope this is acceptable practice in your company.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:33 pm

iamcris wrote:How about supplemental APPs?

Supplemental Procurement Plans are only possible if there are supplemental budgets which may be a result of savings incurred by the agency. For LGUs, all supplemental budget must pass thru the Sanggunian in the form of Appropriation Ordinance. It is expected to contain all items not included in the original APP but is deemed necessary to be procured by the concerned agency. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2477
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top