Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Special BAC Membership

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Special BAC Membership

Post by lycous230 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:48 am

Concern: whether or not the Sr. Internal Control Officer, a fifth ranking permanent official who post audit the transactions of this agency particularly the budget cost and the ABC of the goods and services before the approval of the HOPE is covered by the prohibition by the COA Circular No. 2003-004 dated July 30, 2003 to become member of SPECIAL BAC?
lycous230

Male Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : GOCC's
Occupation/Designation : 9184
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Special BAC Membership

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:50 pm

lycous230 wrote:Concern: whether or not the Sr. Internal Control Officer, a fifth ranking permanent official who post audit the transactions of this agency particularly the budget cost and the ABC of the goods and services before the approval of the HOPE is covered by the prohibition by the COA Circular No. 2003-004 dated July 30, 2003 to become member of SPECIAL BAC?

A "Sr. Internal Control Officer" may not actually be specifically covered by the COA Circular as it specifically prohibits membership in the BAC (whether Regular or Special BAC) only to Accountants and those coming from the Accounting Departments (except as provisional members if their departments are end-users), but for purposes of checks and balance, particularly since they are involved in post-audit of transactions, I am of the opinion that they should not be designated as members of the BAC.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:35 pm

RDV wrote:
lycous230 wrote:Concern: whether or not the Sr. Internal Control Officer, a fifth ranking permanent official who post audit the transactions of this agency particularly the budget cost and the ABC of the goods and services before the approval of the HOPE is covered by the prohibition by the COA Circular No. 2003-004 dated July 30, 2003 to become member of SPECIAL BAC?

A "Sr. Internal Control Officer" may not actually be specifically covered by the COA Circular as it specifically prohibits membership in the BAC (whether Regular or Special BAC) only to Accountants and those coming from the Accounting Departments (except as provisional members if their departments are end-users), but for purposes of checks and balance, particularly since they are involved in post-audit of transactions, I am of the opinion that they should not be designated as members of the BAC.

Agree ako RDV, pwd din namang ma-designate ang "Sr. Internal Control Officer" as the Head/member of the TWG. In our case our Accountant is also a member of our TWG.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:16 am

Former President Aquino issued Administrative order 278 effectivity April 28. 1992, which outlines the functions of the Internal Audit Service. I do believe you can use this AO 278 for your reference. In my opinion you should detached yourself as member of the Special BAC. Hope this will help. Smile

click this link for complete details http://www.chanrobles.com/administrativeorders/administrativeorderno278.html
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by lycous230 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:33 pm

additional query on my appoint as special BAC members, the justification of the HOPE on my appointment in special BAC (although as internal control officer) is DUE TO EXIGENCY OF WORK since the purpose of the project is to provide water due to declaration of the city and province of iloilo under water crisis. is this justification relieve me for any accountability?
lycous230

Company/Agency : GOCC's
Occupation/Designation : 9184
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by lycous230 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:35 pm

shed me light on my query....
thanks
lycous230