Latest topics

Procurement of labor component

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Procurement of labor component

Post by bert_regala on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:38 am

Sir/Madame:

We are about to procure labor of our disaster mitigation activity (Declogging of canals for purpose of minimizing the cases of Dengue) which the budget will be taken from Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction and Managment Fund, but before we proceed to the documentation of the project we were asking opinion from our City Accountant if the disbursement of Labor being allowed or in accordance to RA 10121.The latter said it is not allowable.

I am confused with the interpretation of that specific law. Can I ask for a clarification about the rules of Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Fund?

Thank you.
bert_regala

Male Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : Barangay Libertad
Occupation/Designation : Kagawad
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement of labor component

Post by regina avelino on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:30 pm

These are just my opinion why your accountant is not allowing such practice:
1. The fund is used to support disaster risk management activities such as, but not limited to, pre-disaster preparedness programs including training, purchasing life-saving rescue equipment, supplies and medicines, for post-disaster activities, and for the payment of premiums on calamity insurance. I believe that declogging of canals for purpose of minimizing the cases of dengue is not considered as pre-disaster preparedness programs but a concerted usual and normal barangay and local activity. Such activity is even more decentralized to each and every family household within their vicinity to prevent dengue outbreak.
2. Contracting labor to perform any of the above activities/program might not be in conformity with the provision of the said republic act. The RA states that the community is encourage to engage the participatlon of civil society organizations (eSOs), the private sector and volunteers in the government's disaster risk reduction programs towards complementation of
resources and effective delivery of services to the citizenry. VOLUNTEERISM is the key for this effort.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by alpha1 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Good day to all!

I might partly agree with mam regina about how the LDRRDM fund should be utilized but if the Barangay Libertad had submitted a plan for the 70% of the 5% LDRRDM fund for pre-disaster preparedness that includes such Program of Activities "De-clogging of canals for purposes of minimizing the cases of Dengue (which might lead to an outbreak if not properly address, I might add) *in relation to the word but not limited to*" and was subsequently approved by the Local Sanggunian, then any procurement in accordance with the approved BDRRM Plan is allowed.

alpha1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 145
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : Department Head
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bert_regala on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:30 pm

The situation quoted by alpha1 was the situation we are encountering. For now, I observed that our approved BDRRM is useless because we cannot implement the activities enumerated in the plan. That particular activity "de-clogging of canals" was included in the plan because our barangay oftentimes encountered lot of dengue casualties. But anyways, thank you for the clarification.
bert_regala

Male Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : Barangay Libertad
Occupation/Designation : Kagawad
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by regina avelino on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:21 am

based on the comments of alpha 1 and your recent post, then what should be procured is the supplies and materials for the declogging of canals and not the labor component as what you have raised initially. We will go back to the republic act that you are encourage to with CSO and volunteers for this program if you will consider declogging of canals as pre-disaster preparedness under the said RA..

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down