Latest topics

advertisment of infra projects w/o the plan (civil works)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

advertisment of infra projects w/o the plan (civil works)

Post by angelo on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Good Day to all,
I would like to seek for your opinion regarding our situation, i am a member of Bids and Awards Comm in our agency and i am concern about our delayed advertisement of our civil works due to non-availability of our building plan. Our cash allotment for this particular project started this month and would likely be reverted due to no implementation. My question - Is it possible for us to start the publication and bidding of our infra-project even with the plan from our consultant?

Thanks in advance! I hope you will help me find solution to my concern...
angelo

Male Number of posts : 37
Company/Agency : NGA
Occupation/Designation : Employee
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: advertisment of infra projects w/o the plan (civil works)

Post by regina avelino on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:11 am

angelo wrote:Good Day to all,
I would like to seek for your opinion regarding our situation, i am a member of Bids and Awards Comm in our agency and i am concern about our delayed advertisement of our civil works due to non-availability of our building plan. Our cash allotment for this particular project started this month and would likely be reverted due to no implementation. My question - Is it possible for us to start the publication and bidding of our infra-project even with the plan from our consultant?

I believe what you mean is "without" in your last sentence, first paragraph. As per section 17.3.a. of the IRR requires that bidding documents shall be made available to the prospective bidders from the time the invitation to bid is first advertise/posted until the deadline for the submission and receipt of bids which is in your case, infrastructure project. Now, Section 17.1.g provides that the Bidding documents shall include plans/drawings and technical specifications. Bidding documents should include the plans as it is a prerequisite in completing the bidding documents prior to advertisement and posting. If plans for your infrastructure project is not included in your bidding documents, prospective bidders will not be able to make a realistic bids which I believe, no contractor will join the bidding due to lack of complete information in making their bids

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 669
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:22 am

angelo wrote:Good Day to all,

Don't rush things just because your cash allocation (NCA?) will lapse by the end of the month. You do not even need it for purposes of conducting bidding and award of the project. You do not also need it now since you may only be paying the winning bidder after award if the bidder will ask for mobilization.

You cannot start the bidding process for civil works without a detailed engineering design. It is a basic requirement, unless you will procure using the Design and Build Scheme.

If your NCA will lapse then you can just request for the re-issuance of another one from the DBM, supported by a certification from the government servicing bank to the fact that the NCA released for the purpose has lapsed.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by angelo on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:50 pm

thank you sir RDV for the advice...
angelo

Back to top Go down

Post by angelo on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:19 pm

maam regina, thanks for the advice...
angelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top