BAC Composition - DSWD-CAR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BAC Composition - DSWD-CAR

Post by salao on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 am

Good morning po;

This is in relation to the composition of the regular BAC members in our Field Office.

We would like to clarify if staff designated as OICs of divisions who has the rank of SWO-IV (SG 22) and AO V (SG 18) qualify as a Regular member of the BAC.

The regional structure of the Field Office is as follows: (1st) Director - (2nd) Assistant Regional Director - (3rd) Division Chiefs (Social Welfare Officer V) Presently the Field Office have 2 SWO V so the other divisions are handled by a SWO IV and an AO V as an OIC-division chief).

Thank you very much.

Last edited by salao on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrections)
salao
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 60
Company/Agency : DSWD-CAR
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2012-05-11

http://www.car.dswd.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: BAC Composition - DSWD-CAR

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:04 pm

salao wrote:Good morning po;

This is in relation to the composition of the regular BAC members in our Field Office.

We would like to clarify if staff designated as OICs of divisions who has the rank of SWO-IV (SG 22) and AO V (SG 18) qualify as a Regular member of the BAC.

The regional structure of the Field Office is as follows: (1st) Director - (2nd) Assistant Regional Director - (3rd) Division Chiefs (Social Welfare Officer V) Presently the Field Office have 2 SWO V so the other divisions are handled by a SWO IV and an AO V as an OIC-division chief).

Thank you very much.

There is no prescriptive rank to qualify as BAC members. However, if will be appointed as the BAC Chair, the law requires that he/she should at least be "third ranking".

In my opinion, OIC positions to the Division Chiefs where the Division Chief position is vacant may be considered third ranking in that instant case, and may be qualified to be appointed as the Chair Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by salao on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Sir, thank you very much fort the input shared. On the matter, I would like to refer you the provisions of NPM 07-2007, NPM 024-2011 and NPM 034-2011, all relating to the composition of BAC members. Hope to receive your comment.
salao
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:51 pm

salao wrote:Sir, thank you very much fort the input shared. On the matter, I would like to refer you the provisions of NPM 07-2007, NPM 024-2011 and NPM 034-2011, all relating to the composition of BAC members. Hope to receive your comment.

May I clarify my pronouncement that "There is no prescriptive rank to qualify as BAC members." It only applies for LGUs (where I belong). Hope it does not create a big confusion.

I would like to ask if your previous question pertains to "regional office" or "field office". My previous answers are based on the latter, which you mentioned "...in our Field office". My assumption is that the field office is an inferior structure, but if "regional office" and "field office" are the same, my answers are inappropriate.

NPM 007-2007 - deals with BAC membership for Regional Offices. In that case, a regular BAC member shall be at least 3rd ranking.

NPM 024-2011 - no position lower than 3rd ranking shall be entitled for designation as BAC Chair; further, the BAC Chair shhould never be the same time the approving authority;

NPM 034-2011 - reiterates that the "position being held" ad not the "employment status" of the person determines the rank in an organization; hence, OIC or acting capacity provides equivalence of ranking;

In NGAs, GOCCs, SUC and GFIs, the general requirement is "An officer, who is at least a fifth ranking permanent official..." unless of course the office is in the level of bureau, regional office or sub-regional/district office (which has the specific requirement of at least 3rd ranking). Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by salao on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:53 am

Thanks very much for the information/explanations relative to the NPMs that we referred in connection with the BAC composition. Sir, this query being sought is the composition of the BAC at the level of the Regional Office. If I may conclude from the opinions given, It is my view that to be a regular member of the BAC in the regional Office of a national government one must have at least a third rank which is a remark expressed under NPMs 007-2007 and 024-2011. Is my impression right? Please respond. Thanks and good day.
salao
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:10 pm

salao wrote:Thanks very much for the information/explanations relative to the NPMs that we referred in connection with the BAC composition. Sir, this query being sought is the composition of the BAC at the level of the Regional Office. If I may conclude from the opinions given, It is my view that to be a regular member of the BAC in the regional Office of a national government one must have at least a third rank which is a remark expressed under NPMs 007-2007 and 024-2011. Is my impression right? Please respond. Thanks and good day.

That is affirmative. However for provisional members, third ranking requirement need not to apply. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by salao on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks a lot sir... Very Happy
salao
Active Poster
Active Poster