Infra. Project done By Administration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infra. Project done By Administration

Post by dos_inhinyero_sivil on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Sir,
I would like to inquire Appendix I of RA 9184. If an agency is capable of doing by-administration projects, what will be the job of the BAC?. I understand that the materials and labor component will handle by the Administrative Officer. Can you explain what will be the role of BAC? What method can we adopt especially for the pakyaw system of the labor component? By admin project is service oriented while by-contract is profit oriented. Which is better by-admin or by contract?

dos_inhinyero_sivil

Male Number of posts : 19
Company/Agency : Philippine Public Safety College - DILG
Occupation/Designation : Engineer III- Head, BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.ppsc.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Infra. Project done By Administration

Post by regina avelino on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:29 am

1. Per section 3.1 "Projects undertaken by Administration shall be included in the approved Annual Procurement Plan (APP) of the procuring entity concerned. If the original mode of procurement recommended in the APP was Public Bidding but cannot be ultimately pursued, or the project to be undertaken by administration has not been previously included, the BAC, through a resolution shall justify and recommend the change in the mode of procurement or the updating of the APP to be approved by the Head of the Procuring Entity".
2. Procurement of tools and construction equipment shall be subject to the rules on public bidding thus BAC shall be needed to facilitate the procurement.
3. Appendix I has already laid down how the pakyaw system works.
4. You can conduct a cost benefit analysis to determine whether which will be more advantageous to the GOP. Please note the there are also requirement before a procuring entity may adopt by-administration.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 663
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top