Latest topics

Quantity of Items exceeds the Required Quantity - Bid Evaluation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quantity of Items exceeds the Required Quantity - Bid Evaluation

Post by bernquiros on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:12 pm

Good Afternoon. I would just like to ask for your opinion on how we can resolve the following issue during the bid evaluation of goods:

1. One of the bidder offered more than the items required in the technical specification. can we recompute his total bid price using the required quantity and deducting the unit price of the excess items?

2. or Can we just declare the bidder as the lowest bidder? considering that when the price of the excess items is deducted from his total bid price, he will be the lowest bidder despite the fact that his original bid price is higher than the other bidders?

Hoping for your help... thank you.

bernquiros

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : DENR, Region I
Occupation/Designation : RBAC Secretariat/PHILGEPS Trainor
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Quantity of Items exceeds the Required Quantity - Bid Evaluation

Post by regina avelino on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:06 am

this is just my opinion as I know other forum member would reiterate that you can make written clarifications with the bidder undergoing bid evaluation to clarify issues as you mentioned in you example.

My opinion is that the BAC should not initiate communication with the bidder during bid evaluation stage as I believe that your example falls under technical issue thus no need for clarificatioons as bid evaluation is focused on arithmetical computations which are determined from the face of the bid itself. Likewise this may result to violation of "no contact rule".

With the above opinion, i believe you would know my final answer to your query.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 663
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bernquiros on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 am

thank you mam regina for sharing your opinion... it is true that the provisions of ra 9184 on arithmetical error deals only with computation of the total price and does not cover error on the quantity stated. so there is no need of making clarifications and just leave the quantity offered as is.

bernquiros

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : DENR, Region I
Occupation/Designation : RBAC Secretariat/PHILGEPS Trainor
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:46 am

bernquiros wrote:Good Afternoon. I would just like to ask for your opinion on how we can resolve the following issue during the bid evaluation of goods:

1. One of the bidder offered more than the items required in the technical specification. can we recompute his total bid price using the required quantity and deducting the unit price of the excess items?

2. or Can we just declare the bidder as the lowest bidder? considering that when the price of the excess items is deducted from his total bid price, he will be the lowest bidder despite the fact that his original bid price is higher than the other bidders?

Hoping for your help... thank you.

Maybe the bidder thought that, based on the available ABC, award will be made on the lowest quotation per unit item. Hence; since his unit price per item is quite low, he could offer the procuring entity more in terms of quantity although you have already indicated in the bid docs that your requirement is only so much. There is, therefore, a need for the procuring entity to be clarified on the matter.

On the "NO Contract Rule" during bid evaluation, the same is not absolute. It allows also the BAC, through the BAC Secretariat, to send a written request to a a bidder to clarify its bid and the bidder will have to answer the written request by also sending a written clarification. Based on the written reply by the bidder, the BAC will decide on whether to correct his bid price by reducing the quantity or ultimately disqualifying the bidder,

RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content