Intelligence Fund for BAC that will be used After the Pre-Bid Conference up to the Period of Post Qualification

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Intelligence Fund for BAC that will be used After the Pre-Bid Conference up to the Period of Post Qualification

Post by dos_inhinyero_sivil on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:25 pm

This refers to the alleged irregularities done by Eligible Bidders in the conduct of public bidding of Government Procurement. Some GO (government official) knew about this practice and tolerate such irregularities and there are also GO's who are very mad and want to kill this practice. This is the so called "SAHOD SYSTEM" being initiated by the Bidders in the Government Agencies. In fact, we heard that there are Agents of Pre-Arrange Bid. It is easy to detect such irregularities but the problem is due to lack of fund for the purpose and RA 9184 sanctions are very light and uncertain which is normally months or a year of suspension? , why not perpetual suspension for bidders if it is being caught in the act and 20 years imprisonment for the Agent?. Yes, there is sanction in R.A 9184 but not hard,the problem is, the Government of the People is being fooled around by this practice. If the Government wants a clean and genuine procurement system, intelligence networking must be initiated by the BAC/TWG after the pre-bid conference up to the period of the post qualification to prevent collusion among the bidders and truly ascertain the genuity of the documents submitted by the Bidders. Can we include this in the Proposed Amendment of R.A 9184? or let just leave it and remain as- is? I hope our politicians will have a second look on this.

dos_inhinyero_sivil

Male Number of posts : 19
Company/Agency : Philippine Public Safety College - DILG
Occupation/Designation : Engineer III- Head, BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.ppsc.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Intelligence Fund for BAC that will be used After the Pre-Bid Conference up to the Period of Post Qualification

Post by JLOHAPPY on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:11 pm

HELLO PO...

SUBJECT FOR BIDDING PO BA ANG INTELLIGENCE FUND? ... AND, I'VE LEARNED FROM THE LAST SEMINAR I ATTENDED THAT THERE SHOULD ALSO BE AN AUTHORITY FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT? ... EVEN IN THE CASE OF LGU? ... THANKS PO ...

JLOHAPPY

Female Number of posts : 16
Company/Agency : CGA
Occupation/Designation : SAO
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Intelligence Fund for BAC that will be used After the Pre-Bid Conference up to the Period of Post Qualification

Post by christ_bugs on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:59 pm

dos_inhinyero_sivil wrote:This refers to the alleged irregularities done by Eligible Bidders in the conduct of public bidding of Government Procurement. Some GO (government official) knew about this practice and tolerate such irregularities and there are also GO's who are very mad and want to kill this practice. This is the so called "SAHOD SYSTEM" being initiated by the Bidders in the Government Agencies. In fact, we heard that there are Agents of Pre-Arrange Bid. It is easy to detect such irregularities but the problem is due to lack of fund for the purpose and RA 9184 sanctions are very light and uncertain which is normally months or a year of suspension? , why not perpetual suspension for bidders if it is being caught in the act and 20 years imprisonment for the Agent?. Yes, there is sanction in R.A 9184 but not hard,the problem is, the Government of the People is being fooled around by this practice. If the Government wants a clean and genuine procurement system, intelligence networking must be initiated by the BAC/TWG after the pre-bid conference up to the period of the post qualification to prevent collusion among the bidders and truly ascertain the genuity of the documents submitted by the Bidders. Can we include this in the Proposed Amendment of R.A 9184? or let just leave it and remain as- is? I hope our politicians will have a second look on this.

I totally agree....there were already a lot of bidders who just want to be "buy-out".....and as I have heard, they were asking 3% of the project cost plus loyalties from the winning bidder.....And so i imagine what could be the end result of the project.....just to make bigger profit to pay for these "buy-out-bidders"...

So maybe, one way to get rid of this kind of irregularities is to report right then to higher authorities (hotline)...and such bidder shall be under "watch-list"...and if proven shall be suspended or blacklisted....
christ_bugs

Female Number of posts : 3
Company/Agency : LGU - Labason ZN
Occupation/Designation : Public Servant
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by regina avelino on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm

JLOHAPPY wrote:HELLO PO...

SUBJECT FOR BIDDING PO BA ANG INTELLIGENCE FUND? ... AND, I'VE LEARNED FROM THE LAST SEMINAR I ATTENDED THAT THERE SHOULD ALSO BE AN AUTHORITY FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT? ... EVEN IN THE CASE OF LGU? ... THANKS PO ...

It is a standard operating procedure that before any grant for intelligence fund to government personnel, it is approved by the President of the Philippines. In my opinion, procurement activities funded through intelligence fund is not subject for bidding. It is because of confidentiality matters which may compromise national security issues. For example, if you want to procure minute camera's being used for surveillance functions against terrorist activities, you would not want to procure it through public bidding as it would jeopardize the purpose thus, must opinion on the matter. Be reminded that audit of liquidation of intelligence fund is conducted only by the COA chairman and for me the audit is only ministerial in nature na lang. Last year, the COA chairman announced that they were drafting a new procedure on how to audit liquidation of intelligence fund but up to this point I have not come across any approved procedure as stated. Probably they will come up with new controls on how to audit procurement of goods and services for intelligence/surveillance purposes. I hope they will address this issue.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by JLOHAPPY on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:11 pm

THANK YOU MAM FOR THE VERY USEFUL INFORMATION ...

JLOHAPPY

Female Number of posts : 16
Company/Agency : CGA
Occupation/Designation : SAO
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top