Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

shortlisting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

shortlisting

Post by thunderbird on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:18 pm

any help on this please..

if there are 9 bidders to be shortlisted and after the rating on this bidders have been conducted, 2 bidders garnered the same rating for the no. 7 post, do we have to consider them both and have 8 bidders in all or we have to just strictly select 7 bidders? does it have to be based on the rating or any 7 bidders from the 9 bidders?

thunderbird

Female Number of posts : 19
Company/Agency : DENR
Occupation/Designation : Attorney II
Registration date : 2012-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: shortlisting

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:59 pm

thunderbird wrote:
any help on this please..

if there are 9 bidders to be shortlisted and after the rating on this bidders have been conducted, 2 bidders garnered the same rating for the no. 7 post, do we have to consider them both and have 8 bidders in all or we have to just strictly select 7 bidders? does it have to be based on the rating or any 7 bidders from the 9 bidders?

When you issued your Request for Expression of Interest (REI), how many bidders did you express to be shortlisted? You will have to shortlist based on the number you indicated in the REI, subject to the approval of the HOPE of the number of the shortlisting that the BAC has done. The shortlisting will also have to be based on the ranking done based on the Curriculum Vitae of each of the personnel of the eligible bidders.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 am

sir, based on the ITB we issued, the number os bidders to be short listed will be seven (7)..the problem is there are two bidders that tied at no. 7 ...is it ok to include both bidders tied at no. 7 and have a total of 8 bidders for shortlisting?

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:18 am

thunderbird wrote:
sir, based on the ITB we issued, the number os bidders to be short listed will be seven (7)..the problem is there are two bidders that tied at no. 7 ...is it ok to include both bidders tied at no. 7 and have a total of 8 bidders for shortlisting?

Yes, provided the HOPE approves the shortlisting that you have done.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:57 am

thank you sir...:-)

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 pm

sir, what about if the bid opening was postponed because the short listing is still unapproved by the HOPE, should the BAC then resort to general competitive bidding and not the shortlisted?

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:51 pm

or should they have the short listing be approved?

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:55 pm

thunderbird wrote:
sir, what about if the bid opening was postponed because the short listing is still unapproved by the HOPE, should the BAC then resort to general competitive bidding and not the shortlisted?

If you are still in the process of shortlisting, how come you are already set to open bids?

The correct procedure in procurement of consulting services is that, for purposes of eligibility and shortlisting, only eligibility requirements are required to be submitted by prospective bidders. In other words, no bids (technical and financial proposals) are to be submitted yet as only shortlisted bidders will be allowed to participate in the bidding process.

It is only after approval by the HOPE of the shortlisted bidders will you notify the shortlisted bidders that they have been shortlisted and allowed to buy bidding documents. You set the deadline for the submission of bids only then.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:14 am

the eligibility check happened on july 9 and as per schedule, the opening of bids is aug.7, however, on aug. 7, bids were submitted but the resolution for the short listing was not approved. anyway, could the short listing be dispensed by the BAC?

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:52 am

*dispensed with by the BAC?

considering that the short listing was not approved by the HOPE on the day of the scheduled bidding, what should have been done by the BAC?

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:59 am

thunderbird wrote:
the eligibility check happened on july 9 and as per schedule, the opening of bids is aug.7, however, on aug. 7, bids were submitted but the resolution for the short listing was not approved. anyway, could the short listing be dispensed by the BAC?

You cannot schedule a bid opening prior to shortlisting.

When you issued your invitation to bid (or the Request for Expression of Interest as it should be called in case of consulting services), did you already ask for the submission of bids as well, in addition to eligibility requirements?

If you did, that is not correct. In case of consulting services, you only issue the eligibility requirements first (Part I of the PBDs for Consulting Services) and you set the deadline for submission and opening of eligibility documents. After opening of eligibility documents you then proceed to shortlist all those declared eligible. The maximum period for eligibility check, shortlisting, including approval by HOPE of shortlisted bidders is 21 c.d.

After HOPE approval, the next step that you should do is that you invite all the shortlisted bidders only to buy the bid docs (Part II of PBDs). Therefore, only the shortlisted bidders should be able to submit their bids (technical and financial proposals). You then set the deadline for the submission of opening of bids in your invitation to them. If your original deadline is no longer feasible, you set a new deadline in your invitation to them. There is no problem with that as they are still to prepare and submit their respective bids. No bids should be required and received at the same time as you set the deadline for the submission of eligibility requirements. Neither should bids be submitted and received before you notify the prospective bidders that they have been shortlisted.

That is one of the difference in the procedure for procurement of consulting services as against that of the procurement of goods and infra.

I hope I have made myself clear.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:08 am

thank you very much for the very thorough explanation, sir.

just a follow up query, sir.

1. what then is the effect of having accepted bid proposals before the short listing?

2. without the short list having been approved by the HOPE, could the short listing be dispensed with by the BAC and just have a general public bidding where all the bid proposals submitted be opened?

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 am

thunderbird wrote:
thank you very much for the very thorough explanation, sir.

just a follow up query, sir.

1. what then is the effect of having accepted bid proposals before the short listing?

2. without the short list having been approved by the HOPE, could the short listing be dispensed with by the BAC and just have a general public bidding where all the bid proposals submitted be opened?

Do you really want to proceed with bid opening, despite knowing that something is wrong with the process undertaken by the BAC and despite that the HOPE has not yet approved the shortlisting made by the BAC?
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 am

With that, sir, can I safely presume that you mean the process of Short Listing cannot be dispensed with? The BAC is deciding to dispensed with the Short listing sir, and push through with the re-scheduled opening of bids for all those who submitted their bids on the original schedule of bid opening. This problem was also presented to the auditor and as an observer, he said that this may be done because the intention of RA 9184 is competitive bidding. Nonetheless, we are seeking your opinion on this matter for guidance.

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 am

thunderbird wrote:
With that, sir, can I safely presume that you mean the process of Short Listing cannot be dispensed with? The BAC is deciding to dispensed with the Short listing sir, and push through with the re-scheduled opening of bids for all those who submitted their bids on the original schedule of bid opening. This problem was also presented to the auditor and as an observer, he said that this may be done because the intention of RA 9184 is competitive bidding. Nonetheless, we are seeking your opinion on this matter for guidance.

It is only my personal opinion that I could present here.

If the HOPE has not yet approved the shortlisting, are you saying that the BAC can decide on its own by going over the HOPE? Let us remember that the BAC's function is only recommendatory, after undergoing the shortlisting, evaluation and post-qualification process. You are saying then that since the HOPE has not acted on the BAC recommendation, then the latter can just proceed and dispense with the shortlisting of bidders and just open the bids of bidders (even if the requirement for submission of bids at the same time as the submission of eligibility requirement was not in accordance with the procurement law.)

It is all up to the BAC, but if I were the BAC I would not do that.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:19 am

copy sir.. thank you again and best regards..

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:53 am

thunderbird wrote:
copy sir.. thank you again and best regards..

Welcome, thunderbird.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:47 pm

sir, one last please...

with the following lapses, to wit:

1. the short listing as published in the REI is 5 bidders but after the eligibility check, it was announced to be 7 bidders.

2. the short list of 5 was not approved by the HOPE

3. during the scheduled bid opening, bidders were allowed to submit there bid proposals without the approved short list and there are bidders who are outside the short list who were able to submit bid proposals;

querry: if the BAC recommends to dispensed with the short listing, is it safe for the HOPE to approve it?

or is it safer to just nullify the proceedings and start with the whole process?

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:08 pm

one last sir....

1. after the eligibility check the short list was announced to be seven (7) when in fact the REI states five (5)

2. the short list was not approved by the HOPE

3. there was no time to notify the bidders of the short list

4. on the scheduled opening of bids, there were bidders who submitted their bid proposals outside of the short list.

Is it appropriate for the RBAC recommends to the HOPE that the short listing be dispensed with? if in case the HOPE approves the recommendation, will that cure all the lapses in the bidding process?

or is it better to just have the short list be approved by the HOPE and then proceed with the opening of the bids?

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:55 pm

one last sir....

1. after the eligibility check the short list was announced to be seven (7) when in fact the REI states five (5)

4. on the scheduled opening of bids, there were bidders who submitted their bid proposals outside of the short list.

Is it appropriate for the RBAC recommends to the HOPE that the short listing be dispensed with? if in case the HOPE approves the recommendation, will that cure all the lapses in the bidding process?

or is it better to just have the short list be approved by the HOPE and then proceed with the opening of the bids?

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:00 pm

one last sir....

thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:19 pm

thunderbird wrote:
one last sir....

With those 'lapses', I don't know if it would be advisable for the RBAC to proceed with the opening of bids, unless the RBAC wants to add another lapse to the list.

If the RBAC recommends that the short listing be dispensed with, it would not definitely cure the defect. And why do you think the HOPE will approve that, but would not approve the short listing done by the RBAC? If the HOPE has concerns on the short listing done by the RBAC, why would the former just inform the latter about it so that a review could be done by the RBAC?

If, on the other hand, the HOPE would approve the short listing done, what would you do with the submitted bids of those who were not included in the short list? How will you now answer them if they question you about it?

I really don't understand why the RBAC would think that the HOPE would not approve the short list and yetwould approve dispensing with the short list?

Given that there were so many 'lapses' done by the BAC, I think it would be best for the HOPE to just exercise the Reservation Clause. As to the basis for exercising that? One of the reasons, as provided for in Sec. 41 is because the BAC did not follow the required bidding procedure.

Those are just my thoughts. Eventually, it would be up to the BAC to make the appropriate recommendation and for the HOPE to approve or disapprove such recommendation.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderbird on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:04 pm

copy sir....thanks! :-)