View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Inspection of Bidding Documents

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:17 pm

excerpts from the IAEB
Section I. Invitation to Apply for Eligibility and to Bid
1. xxxx
2. xxxx
3. xxxx
4. Interested Bidders may obtain further information from [insert name of the PROCURING ENTITY] and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from [insert office hours].
My question can the procuring agency provide a hard copy of this Bid documents, to be specific the Technical specifications( for goods and infrastruture) to prospective bidder before they can buy the said documents? Procurement practitioner i need your opinion regarding this issues. Thanks in advance.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: Inspection of Bidding Documents

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:57 pm

sunriser431 wrote:excerpts from the IAEB
1. xxxx
2. xxxx
3. xxxx
4. Interested Bidders may obtain further information from [insert name of the PROCURING ENTITY] and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from [insert office hours].
My question can the procuring agency provide a hard copy of this Bid documents, to be specific the Technical specifications( for goods and infrastruture) to prospective bidder before they can buy the said documents? Procurement practitioner i need your opinion regarding this issues. Thanks in advance.

During the period that the bidding document is already available for release/sale to interested bidders, any one interested may inspect the docs first, before the bidder decides to purchase the bid docs, for the purpose of finding out whether the technical specification of the items being procured, during the period it is required by the procuring entity to be delivered, are within its capability to supply. Its main purpose is to eliminate situations, such as a bidder finding out after it has purchased the bid docs that he is not qualified after all and/or could not possibly deliver the the minimum requirements of items within the timeframe required.

In sum, you don't have to provide the interested bidder a hard copy of the bid docs or technical specifications because he could just copy them.

At any rate, under the revised IRR, once it takes effect, procuring entities are already required to post their bidding documents in the PhilGEPS/procuring entity's website and any interested bidder can just download the bid docs, including the technical specifications, from there. Payment of the downloaded bid docs will be done during the time the bidder submits its proposal/bid.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:24 pm

RDV wrote:
1. xxxx
2. xxxx
3. xxxx

During the period that the bidding document is already available for release/sale to interested bidders, any one interested may inspect the docs first, before the bidder decides to purchase the bid docs, for the purpose of finding out whether the technical specification of the items being procured, during the period it is required by the procuring entity to be delivered, are within its capability to supply. Its main purpose is to eliminate situations, such as a bidder finding out after it has purchased the bid docs that he is not qualified after all and/or could not possibly deliver the the minimum requirements of items within the timeframe required.

In sum, you don't have to provide the interested bidder a hard copy of the bid docs or technical specifications because he could just copy them.

At any rate, under the revised IRR, once it takes effect, procuring entities are already required to post their bidding documents in the PhilGEPS/procuring entity's website and any interested bidder can just download the bid docs, including the technical specifications, from there. Payment of the downloaded bid docs will be done during the time the bidder submits its proposal/bid.

Revised IRR of the GPRA
Section 17. Form and Contents of Bidding Documents
17.1 xxxx
17.4 Bidders may be asked to pay for the Bidding Documents to recover the cost of its preparation and development. The BAC shall issue the Bidding Documents upon payment of the corresponding cost thereof to the collecting/disbursing officer of the procuring entity concerned.(a)
17.5. The procuring entity shall also post the Bidding Documents at its website and at the PhilGEPS website from the time that the Invitation to Bid/Request for Expression of Interest is advertised. Prospective bidders may download the Bidding Documents from any of the said websites; Provided that, bidders shall pay the fee for the Bidding Documents upon submission of their Bids.(n)

I would subscribe for Section 17.5, this would mean less paper work for the BAC Secretariat, paperless transaction thru electonic means, so does it mean for the bidder will also include in his technical envelope the document fee? at present our agency would require the bidder to include document fee to mail it to us before we can release the Bid Documents.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:20 am

sunriser431 wrote:
RDV wrote:
1. xxxx
2. xxxx
3. xxxx

Revised IRR of the GPRA
Section 17. Form and Contents of Bidding Documents
17.1 xxxx
17.4 Bidders may be asked to pay for the Bidding Documents to recover the cost of its preparation and development. The BAC shall issue the Bidding Documents upon payment of the corresponding cost thereof to the collecting/disbursing officer of the procuring entity concerned.(a)
17.5. The procuring entity shall also post the Bidding Documents at its website and at the PhilGEPS website from the time that the Invitation to Bid/Request for Expression of Interest is advertised. Prospective bidders may download the Bidding Documents from any of the said websites; Provided that, bidders shall pay the fee for the Bidding Documents upon submission of their Bids.(n)

I would subscribe for Section 17.5, this would mean less paper work for the BAC Secretariat, paperless transaction thru electonic means, so does it mean for the bidder will also include in his technical envelope the document fee? at present our agency would require the bidder to include document fee to mail it to us before we can release the Bid Documents.

Payment (or OR) for the document fee (sale of bid docs) is not one of the documents required to be included in the technical envelope. If the bidder downloaded the bid docs from the PhilGEPS/website, on the day it submits its bids, that bidder will have to be required to pay document fee first before the BAC Sec. accepts its bid and records the OR information in its logbook to be signed also by the bidder or its authorized representative.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:28 pm

RDV wrote:
1. xxxx
2. xxxx
3. xxxx

Sir RDV, not all documents can uploaded to the PHILGEPS website, for electronic Bid documents the likes of MS word, MS powerpoint, and MS excel or txt or rich txt formats can be uploaded as attachments to the Notice being created, However currently, the PHILGEPS system does not allow exe, aspx, html, jpg, or gif types of files to be uploaded. moreover for Non-electronic documents which could form part of the bid documents the likes of CDs, blueprints, books or samples etc, should be secure physically from the procuring entity.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:13 pm

sunriser431 wrote:Sir RDV, not all documents can uploaded to the PHILGEPS website, for electronic Bid documents the likes of MS word, MS powerpoint, and MS excel or txt or rich txt formats can be uploaded as attachments to the Notice being created, However currently, the PHILGEPS system does not allow exe, aspx, html, jpg, or gif types of files to be uploaded. moreover for Non-electronic documents which could form part of the bid documents the likes of CDs, blueprints, books or samples etc, should be secure physically from the procuring entity.
Most of your docs naman are in MS word format kaya no problem in uploading. For non-electronic documents forming part of the bid documents, the bidder would have no choice (after downloading the bid docs), if he is really interested in participating in the bidding process, but to get those documents from the procuring entity. The procuring entity has to indicate in the posting in the PhilGEPS that those non-electronic documents have to be secured personally from the BAC Secretariat (contact person, contact number, etc.) during office hours, etc.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:15 pm

RDV wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:Sir RDV, not all documents can uploaded to the PHILGEPS website, for electronic Bid documents the likes of MS word, MS powerpoint, and MS excel or txt or rich txt formats can be uploaded as attachments to the Notice being created, However currently, the PHILGEPS system does not allow exe, aspx, html, jpg, or gif types of files to be uploaded. moreover for Non-electronic documents which could form part of the bid documents the likes of CDs, blueprints, books or samples etc, should be secure physically from the procuring entity.
Most of your docs naman are in MS word format kaya no problem in uploading. For non-electronic documents forming part of the bid documents, the bidder would have no choice (after downloading the bid docs), if he is really interested in participating in the bidding process, but to get those documents from the procuring entity. The procuring entity has to indicate in the posting in the PhilGEPS that those non-electronic documents have to be secured personally from the BAC Secretariat (contact person, contact number, etc.) during office hours, etc.

For info.
for electronic Bid documents the likes of MS word, MS powerpoint, and MS excel or txt or rich txt formats are automatically converted to PDF file, maybe its one of those security measure introduce by Philgeps, in order to protect the contents of the PBDs.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down