Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

COA Circular 80-121-C Suspension Orders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

COA Circular 80-121-C Suspension Orders

Post by riddler on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:24 pm

COA Circular 80-121-C states that "Certified true Copies of the Suspension Orders shall immediately be furnished to Respective Unit Auditors who shall then ascertain the existence or non-existence of grounds relied upon for the isuance of the Suspension Orders."

since this Circular is not mentioned under the provisions of the IRR of RA 9184, is this circular still enforced?
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: COA Circular 80-121-C Suspension Orders

Post by Mikel on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:21 pm

if i may, i think what sir ruel would like to state is COA Circular No. 80-101-C.

this circular was issued in line with the implementing rules and regulations of PD 1594 and considering that this law was expressly repealed by RA 9184, it would be reasonable to conclude that the said COA Circular is no longer applicable.

i don't know why your auditor had used this particular circular as the criteria for the AOM, may be it is his/her personal opinion that the circular is still "alive", just as i personally opine that it is no longer applicable.

Mikel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 72
Company/Agency : Gobyerno ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Empleyado
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikel on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:28 pm

addendum:

Sir,

please refer to COA Circular No. 2009-001 dated Feb. 12, 2009 re: contract review by COA. Thank you very much.

Mikel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Mikel wrote:addendum:

Sir,

please refer to COA Circular No. 2009-001 dated Feb. 12, 2009 re: contract review by COA. Thank you very much.

ewan ko ba mik, kasi COA 80-121-C ang ini-cite sa akin sa AOM. Kaya mdyo na curious ako. Pero kung gusto talaga ipa-implement sana na orient kmi d2 sa LGU.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Sir,

For clarification purpose: Sir Mikel
Our SA require us to provide "Certificate of Authenticity" for those documents mention in the Circular 2009-001, is this really necessary? Embarassed
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikel on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 pm

sunriser431 wrote:

Sir,

For clarification purpose: Sir Mikel
Our SA require us to provide "Certificate of Authenticity" for those documents mention in the Circular 2009-001, is this really necessary? Embarassed

Yes. the review of government contracts is already an exercise of the quasi-judicial function of COA and as such documents submitted relative thereto shall be required to be authenticated as true copies of the original. anyway, if photocopies are submitted, the certificate of authenticity (i.e. certified true copy from the original) stamped thereon would already suffice to meet such requirement.

Mikel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Mikel wrote:if i may, i think what sir ruel would like to state is COA Circular No. 80-101-C.

this circular was issued in line with the implementing rules and regulations of PD 1594 and considering that this law was expressly repealed by RA 9184, it would be reasonable to conclude that the said COA Circular is no longer applicable.

i don't know why your auditor had used this particular circular as the criteria for the AOM, may be it is his/her personal opinion that the circular is still "alive", just as i personally opine that it is no longer applicable.

Mik, thanks for the correction, our COA maybe referring to CN 80-101-C. you mentioned COA Circular 2009-001 dated february 12, 2009 .I believed it refers to submissions of Documents after the Bidding/perfection of the Contract. What about the Suspension Orders/Varaition Orders given by the Project Implementors during and after the implemntation of the project? Are there any prescribed period for us to submit such documents to the COA? Is it not the attachment as a paper trail for the COA to be submitted at the final billing? Shocked
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikel on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 am

ruel wrote:
Mikel wrote:if i may, i think what sir ruel would like to state is COA Circular No. 80-101-C.

Mik, thanks for the correction, our COA maybe referring to CN 80-101-C. you mentioned COA Circular 2009-001 dated february 12, 2009 .I believed it refers to submissions of Documents after the Bidding/perfection of the Contract. What about the Suspension Orders/Varaition Orders given by the Project Implementors during and after the implemntation of the project? Are there any prescribed period for us to submit such documents to the COA? Is it not the attachment as a paper trail for the COA to be submitted at the final billing? Shocked

i am not aware of any COA circular treating on the said subject except COA Circular No. 2009-001. the said memo circular 80-101-c already partakes the nature of pre-audit which was already lifted way back in 1995, until its reinstitution on selective transactions only. it would be advisable to just reply to the AOM citing the inapplicability of the said circular to the present law.

Mikel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:03 am

Mikel wrote:
i am not aware of any COA circular treating on the said subject except COA Circular No. 2009-001. the said memo circular 80-101-c already partakes the nature of pre-audit which was already lifted way back in 1995, until its reinstitution on selective transactions only. it would be advisable to just reply to the AOM citing the inapplicability of the said circular to the present law.

One of the Reason in the Audit Observation cited is, " the COA is not furnished by the Suspension Order and Resume Order by the Project Engineer, because the Above Orders was only attached on the Final Billing. The Auditor exlained that they should be furnished of the Orders so they can ascertain the claims, and the parties may be doing this to avoid paying liquidated damages.

I cannot go against my Auditor Mikel, baka pag initan ako eh. Ha ha ha! (Sometimes kasi we have to decide certain important matters for the success of the projects, (although sometimes it brushes the laws). Surprised Surprised
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:23 am

ruel wrote:

For your perusal and info
Documentary requirements for the evaluation of the Technical aspects of all Government contracts and Inspection of Government Projects
Click this link for reference http://www.coa.gov.ph/coa_issuances/coa_memoranda/memo2005/m2005-027.htm
Additional reference click this link
http://www.coa.gov.ph/coa_issuances/Attachments/2005/M2005-027_Annexes.pdf
Hopefully you'll this information useful. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down