Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

BAC Members based on the Revised IRR of RA 9184

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BAC Members based on the Revised IRR of RA 9184

Post by msm326 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:42 pm

Good day to fellow forum members ...I am happy we are multiplying. I do hope we could fast multiply. today is the start of the selective pre-audit and we have our brief orientation last wednesday. With the approval of the NEW IRR, Can we now organize our new BAC because their membership will end this month so we are in the process of assigning new members .Can we apply the new rules already....No advice or circulars have been given or do we still need to wait for the official advice coming from the GPPB?
On the lighter side, huh, when I was new in the forum nobody welcome me ...... Embarassed
msm326 Smile
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: BAC Members based on the Revised IRR of RA 9184

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:52 pm

msm326 wrote:Good day to fellow forum members ...I am happy we are multiplying. I do hope we could fast multiply. today is the start of the selective pre-audit and we have our brief orientation last wednesday. With the approval of the NEW IRR, Can we now organize our new BAC because their membership will end this month so we are in the process of assigning new members .Can we apply the new rules already....No advice or circulars have been given or do we still need to wait for the official advice coming from the GPPB?
On the lighter side, huh, when I was new in the forum nobody welcome me ...... Embarassed
msm326 Smile

Hi msm326
For us GOCCs, we will wait for its official publication, the only variation in the revised IRR is the designation of alternate members to the BAC. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:44 pm

msm326 wrote:Good day to fellow forum members ...I am happy we are multiplying. I do hope we could fast multiply. today is the start of the selective pre-audit and we have our brief orientation last wednesday. With the approval of the NEW IRR, Can we now organize our new BAC because their membership will end this month so we are in the process of assigning new members .Can we apply the new rules already....No advice or circulars have been given or do we still need to wait for the official advice coming from the GPPB?
msm326 Smile
Huli man daw at magaling...Welcome msm326. Very Happy

If your concern is only with respective to the alternate BAC members, which was not in IRR-A, the same may already be included, I think, in the designation of new BAC members by the HOPE, if the term of the current BAC will end before September 2, 2009 (the effectivity of the revised IRR).

However, the HOPE may include a proviso in the Office Order designating the composition of the BAC, as well as the alternate members, that the term of the alternate members will be upon the effectivity of the revised IRR.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:46 pm

thank you sir for the warm welcome.... Razz
Clarification lang sir I'm sure kasi one of the department heads would not like to be downgraded as alternate ...the maximum members of the BAC is still 7 including the end user po? I'd gone thru the New IRR it was not mentioned kasi....
I was tasked to draft the EO and put recommendations...thank again...
msm326
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:51 am

msm326 wrote:thank you sir for the warm welcome.... Razz
Clarification lang sir I'm sure kasi one of the department heads would not like to be downgraded as alternate ...the maximum members of the BAC is still 7 including the end user po? I'd gone thru the New IRR it was not mentioned kasi....
I was tasked to draft the EO and put recommendations...thank again...
msm326

I understand your situation msm, which is also the same as ours here. If I have my way, I would like to propose a 3rd in Rank Chairman for the BAC (Department Head of LGUs), the rest of its members are 4th/5th/6th in Ranks. In this way ma control ng BAC Chairman ang flow process sa procurement, lalo na pag may discussion sa BAC, unlike na puro Department Heads ang BACc sa LGUs, mdyo mahirap maging BAC Chairman, kasi maglalaban laban yung mga ego nila. The same with the TWG, the Chairman of TWG should be a 3rd in Rank (DEpartment head for LGU,s). For the BAC Secretariat, the HEad must be the Department Head(also a 3rd in Rank for LGUs) of the General Services Department (forget that dual position)para ma control nya rin lahat members ng Secretariat.. (this is still pursuant to the provisions of the new IRR)
x x x
11.2.3. The BAC for Local Government Units shall be composed of the following:
a) One representative each from the regular offices under the Office of the
Local Chief Executive such as, but not limited to, the following: Office of
the Administrator, Budget Office, Legal Office, Engineering Office, General
Services Offices; and
b) A representative from the end user unit.
The members shall elect among themselves who shall act as the Chairman and
Vice-Chairman. The Chairman of the BAC shall be at least a third ranking
permanent official of the procuring entity
. The members of the BAC shall be
personnel occupying plantilla positions of the procuring entity concerned..x x

Kaya lang mahirap na re-organize ang BAC namin, kasi naumpisahan na na puro Dept Head ang members eh, and its difficult to take them away from their comfort zone na.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by venom.0420 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:54 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
msm326 Smile

Hi msm326
For us GOCCs, we will wait for its official publication, the only variation in the revised IRR is the designation of alternate members to the BAC. Smile

Hi guyz,

Looks like our forum is getting busier. I'd been out for a while and fortunately for me, I returned just in time. I haven't read the revised IRR yet, so I would like to be clarified with what sunriser431 posted. Could anyone elaborate on this "alternate" BAC? That would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
venom.0420
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 98
Company/Agency : Government
Occupation/Designation : Government Employee
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:30 pm

venom.0420 wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:
msm326 Smile

Hi msm326

Hi guyz,

Looks like our forum is getting busier. I'd been out for a while and fortunately for me, I returned just in time. I haven't read the revised IRR yet, so I would like to be clarified with what sunriser431 posted. Could anyone elaborate on this "alternate" BAC? That would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Revised IRR-GPRA of 9184
Section 11.2 BAC Composition
Section 11.2.4 The Head of the Procuring Entity may designate alternate members to the BAC, who shall have the same qualifications as their principals as set in the Act and this IRR. The alternate members shall attend meetings of the BAC and receive the corresponding honoraria, whenever their principals are absent. The alternate members shall have the same term as their principals. The accountability of the principal and the alternate member shall be limited to their respective acts and decisions.

Consultation/Comments

1. Why is there a need for a member of the BAC to send his representative in BAC meetings when the representative is not allowed to vote nor is he counted in the determination of the quorum?

2. Allow the appointment of alternate BAC member to avoid delay in the procurement process.

Approved Revision

1. Allow designation of alternate BAC members for national government agencies and local government units.
2. Alternate should have the same qualifications as the principal.
3. Liability of alternate and principal should be separate and limited to their actions and decisions
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:49 pm

venom.0420 wrote:
Hi guyz,

Long time, no hear venom! But welcome BAC! (este back Very Happy)

I believe the next million dollar question now is... how do we compute for BAC's Honoraria in case when a lot of ALTERNATES' shifting is on play. Parang ORIGINAL sa pre-bid, ALTERNATE sa bid opening, tapos ORIG ulit sa POST QUAL, etc. Ibig bang sabihin nun, wala sa kanila mabibigyan kasi parehas naman nilang di nakumpleto pareho yung procurement di ba? hehe

I was also tasked to make some recommendations on the new BAC structure and to the Secretariat as well. Mukhang ma-aabolish na TWG namin para ma-toxic naman ang BAC. But, sad to say, I am planning to retire na rin sa BAC Secretariat - that is kung payagan ako (waaaah!). Masyado na nagulo mundo ko nang mapasok sa procurement, promise Very Happy. The law is in my blood na, pero pain is in my head. I make some dialogue with the Mayor and his Legal Counsels, sana payagan na ako ma-relieve. Dami intrigue. TamBAC trabaho. Pero kung ayaw ako alisin, sana kahit alternate BAC member na lang ako. Haaaay!

But dont worry fellow forumers, I will still be here in the FORUM no matter what. (Kahit maging observer na lang ako, hehe).
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by venom.0420 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:01 am

sunriser431 wrote:
Revised IRR-GPRA of 9184
Section 11.2.4 The Head of the Procuring Entity may designate alternate members to the BAC, who shall have the same qualifications as their principals as set in the Act and this IRR. The alternate members shall attend meetings of the BAC and receive the corresponding honoraria, whenever their principals are absent. The alternate members shall have the same term as their principals. The accountability of the principal and the alternate member shall be limited to their respective acts and decisions.

Consultation/Comments

1. Why is there a need for a member of the BAC to send his representative in BAC meetings when the representative is not allowed to vote nor is he counted in the determination of the quorum?

2. Allow the appointment of alternate BAC member to avoid delay in the procurement process.

Approved Revision

1. Allow designation of alternate BAC members for national government agencies and local government units.
3. Liability of alternate and principal should be separate and limited to their actions and decisions

Thanks sunriser431!
venom.0420
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 am

engrjhez wrote: " x x x x x. I was also tasked to make some recommendations on the new BAC structure and to the Secretariat as well. Mukhang ma-aabolish na TWG namin para ma-toxic naman ang BAC. But, sad to say, I am planning to retire na rin sa BAC Secretariat - that is kung payagan ako (waaaah!). Masyado na nagulo mundo ko nang mapasok sa procurement, promise . The law is in my blood na, pero pain is in my head. I make some dialogue with the Mayor and his Legal Counsels, sana payagan na ako ma-relieve. Dami intrigue. TamBAC trabaho. Pero kung ayaw ako alisin, sana kahit alternate BAC member na lang ako. Haaaay!

But dont worry fellow forumers, I will still be here in the FORUM no matter what. (Kahit maging observer na lang ako, hehe).

Pare, you could be a good BAC-Vice Chairman. Ang minimum requirements sa BAC Head is a 3rd in Rank (DEparment Head) while the rest of its members eh pwd na sa Rank and File ng LGU.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:40 am

venom.0420 wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:
Revised IRR-GPRA of 9184

Consultation/Comments

Approved Revision

Thanks sunriser431!
You are welcome.
Hey you been out for quite sometime.. Welcome back. Let us try to keep this forum alive and encourage procurement practioner to join this forum. Very Happy
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by venom.0420 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:55 pm

engrjhez wrote:

Long time, no hear venom! But welcome BAC! (este back Very Happy)

I believe the next million dollar question now is... how do we compute for BAC's Honoraria in case when a lot of ALTERNATES' shifting is on play. Parang ORIGINAL sa pre-bid, ALTERNATE sa bid opening, tapos ORIG ulit sa POST QUAL, etc. Ibig bang sabihin nun, wala sa kanila mabibigyan kasi parehas naman nilang di nakumpleto pareho yung procurement di ba? hehe

I was also tasked to make some recommendations on the new BAC structure and to the Secretariat as well. Mukhang ma-aabolish na TWG namin para ma-toxic naman ang BAC. But, sad to say, I am planning to retire na rin sa BAC Secretariat - that is kung payagan ako (waaaah!). Masyado na nagulo mundo ko nang mapasok sa procurement, promise Very Happy. The law is in my blood na, pero pain is in my head. I make some dialogue with the Mayor and his Legal Counsels, sana payagan na ako ma-relieve. Dami intrigue. TamBAC trabaho. Pero kung ayaw ako alisin, sana kahit alternate BAC member na lang ako. Haaaay!

Nice to hear from you too engrjhez and thanks for answering my query, though i'm sadden with your plans in the future, I couldn't agree with you more that our involvement in the government procurement process, as well as our knowledge in RA 9184, have made our lives a bit complicated, and looks like things are gonna get more complex come Sept. 2. Very Happy

Anyway, regarding this alternate BAC, I'll presume that it is not mandatory, hence, a procuring entity may or may not follow Section 11.2.4 of the Revised IRR. However, if a procuring entity decided to do so, I believe the issue on honoraria raised by engrjhez, could be solved by requiring the "regular" and "alternate" BAC members to complete the steps of the procurement process of any project that they started. Which means that a member who attended the pre-bid/bidding of a particular project should be the one to conduct post-qualification audit and be part of the BAC that will award such project. In this way, there will be a clear assignment of responsibilities and rewards. Very Happy
venom.0420
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:04 pm

TO: Engr. Ruel,

I cannot be a regular BAC member thus cannot be a Vice Chairman in any way. The Municipal Engineer already represents the department, and there's no way I can beat that, hehe. Pero thanks in believing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO: venom,

Over the week, I was thinking of this dilemma:

why i should be retained = pride? prestige? honoraria? nope. its the "malasakit" to make a difference in public service. if i should leave, who would continue the advocacy?

why i should retire = head aches? job toxicity? nope. needed more time with my family. i may not earn something in addition (honoraria) but i get to laugh and play with my child - priceless.

does my motto : "bayan muna bago sarili" worth it? or am i being selfish leaving it?
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by venom.0420 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:31 am

Engrjhez,

As an accountant, most of my decision, business-wise or personal is influenced by the cost-benefit constraints, that to say yes, the benefits should always exceeds the cost. In ur case, there is no doubt which path you should follow, and I believe u already know that.

Very Happy
venom.0420
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content