Re: The 30% Limitation on Repairs or Maintenance cost

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 30% Limitation on Repairs or Maintenance cost

Post by sunriser431 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:15 pm

My question. Since the BAC is task to conduct the procurement activities, Do they (BAC) have to comply such requirement? If this requirement is indispensable how is it applied?
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: The 30% Limitation on Repairs or Maintenance cost

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:33 am

I should have presented the facts first and ask question later, sorry my mistake, FACTS: The repairs and maintenance program is necessary for the purpose of extending the useful life of the property, or to restore them to serviceability when they are economically repairable, also serve as a basis for scheduling its replacement parts if they are economically repairable. But when the repair or maintenance cost is more than thirty percent (30%) of its fair market value, that property is no longer economically repairable.(Base on the AOM of COA) I tried to searched for any circular, memo or guidelines on this, but no avail . Granted, this 30% limitation on repairs and maintenance cost really a basis. hence my question. Since the BAC is task to conduct the procurement activities, Do they (BAC) have to comply such requirement? If this requirement indispensable how is it applied?
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ziaragabriel on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:11 am

Sir sunriser,
sorry guys for being offline for too long! i really miss this highly educational forum.
if i'm not mistaken the 30% limitation is provided under COA Cir. 85-55A, re: IUEE (Irrelevant, Unnecessary, Excessive Expenditures). Today is holiday, i have no copy here in my house maybe tomorrow i could search on its provision.
ziaragabriel

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Good Day sunriser,
As a GSO , this is in circular COA 92-386 not much on the section but you can find it there , the provisions on repair and maintenance.....The BAC is ont he procurement activities hence it is the responisibility of the GSO to look unto it before it is handover to BAC for recommendation on the Mode of procurement....Approved PRs are the ones the BAC handles and does it is the look out of the property officer to validate this first .....in our case then before any PR is being processed it passes through my department for review to avoid misleading information.
Hope this help ....
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:14 am

msm326 wrote:Good Day sunriser,
As a GSO , this is in circular COA 92-386 not much on the section but you can find it there , the provisions on repair and maintenance.....The BAC is ont he procurement activities hence it is the responisibility of the GSO to look unto it before it is handover to BAC for recommendation on the Mode of procurement....Approved PRs are the ones the BAC handles and does it is the look out of the property officer to validate this first .....in our case then before any PR is being processed it passes through my department for review to avoid misleading information.
Hope this help ....
msm326 Very Happy
Thanks msm326, however for coa circilar 92-386 the gppb issued opinion, refer to this link for update
http://www.gppb.gov.ph/opinions/view_opinion.asp?o_id=221
additional link http://www.gppb.gov.ph/opinions/view_opinion.asp?o_id=94
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:34 am

Yes sunriser but we are referring to the 30% limitation on the maintenance cost which is part of property and supply management , RA 9184 is for procurement and perfection of contracts....thanks for additional link information but I presumed this pertains to other areas too at any rate this will be a good source of additional information ....what is important is there is harmonious and smooth relationship among the departments and I guarantee not much too worry.... in otherwords (always and must be BFF(best friend forever) with other DH
msm326 Razz
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:45 am

This COA circular no. 85-55-A was issued way back September 8, 1985, any update? Hopefully the COA website is working, as of yesterday snail's pace. Sad.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Update on the 30% Limitation on Repairs or Maintenance can read on "TRAINING HANDBOOK ON PROPERTY & SUPPLY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM" a copy can be secured from COA, but for a fee. It was issued in 2003.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down