Bidding of Project in Previous Year's APP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bidding of Project in Previous Year's APP

Post by ombudsboy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 am

A particular agency failed to bid out a project in 2012. The project was included in the 2012 APP.

In 2013, they undertook a pre-procurement conference on the same project. It is not in the 2013 APP, although an Authority to Procure has been approved by the HOPE.

Is this practice proper? Or should it be included in the 2013 APP. Thanks.

ombudsboy

Male Number of posts : 7
Company/Agency : Office of the Ombudsman
Occupation/Designation : BAC Observer
Registration date : 2012-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bidding of Project in Previous Year's APP

Post by Abecedarian on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:14 pm

In my opinion, the procurement in 2013 of a 2012 project is proper. To my understanding, the lifespan of APP ends when there is new APP.
Abecedarian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 144
Company/Agency : Philippine Postal Corporation, Area VII
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer III
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 pm

"Ombudsboy wrote"
A particular agency failed to bid out a project in 2012. The project was included in the 2012 APP.

In 2013, they undertook a pre-procurement conference on the same project. It is not in the 2013 APP, although an Authority to Procure has been approved by the HOPE.

Is this practice proper? Or should it be included in the 2013 APP. Thanks

From the post, I gather that the project was not bid out last year, so that their was no winning bidder to speak of and so their was no valid creditor. Ergo, their was no obligation incurred. In this case, the funds I am sure has been reverted back to the National Treasury. The accounting people of that agency should have informed the Head of the Procuring Entity including the BAC.

I
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by spicegrinder on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 pm

I believe, in cases of bidding infrastructure projects that were not bid out...or there was a failure of bidding...the same should be treated as a continuing project...and must be included in the APP for the following year. For failure of bidding...the procurement activities should continue. Smile
spicegrinder

Male Number of posts : 22
Company/Agency : SUC
Occupation/Designation : Secretary
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by regina avelino on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 am

good morning sirs. my opinion on the matter. I think, the procuring entity should not pursue the procurement at hand since I believe this should be included in the APP for the year 2013. Failure to procure this during 2012 should be considered lapses on the part of the procuring entity for not implementing the same (if my understaning of the given case is correct). The authority to procure approved by the HOPE, i believe, is not acceptable as you can only proceed the procurement if this were reincluded in the approved 2013 APP. I agree with sir jcolas that the budget for this project should be reverted back to the general fund and such budget should be reincluded for the 2013 projects.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by njimenez on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:19 pm

I think, it depends on the nature of the PE. For us LGUs, fund releases for specific projects depend on quarterly allotments. Thus, for instance, we have a project, say road concreting, and the funds are scheduled for 4th quarter release, we can start its publication on the first week of October. What if, depending on the complexity and nature of the project, the bidding process consumed at least three months? Or there were 2 failed biddings? does it mean that we can no longer proceed with negotiated procurement just because the total bidding duration exceeded past the month of December?

njimenez

Male Number of posts : 25
Company/Agency : LGU-San Miguel
Occupation/Designation : Municipal Engineer/BAC Chairman
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top