Latest topics

PHILGEPS REGISTRATION

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PHILGEPS REGISTRATION

Post by vtpelias on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:56 pm

Is Philgeps Registration of suppliers mandatory in all forms of procurement like SHOPPING, NEGOTIATED and PUBLIC BIDDING?
vtpelias

Female Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : Trade and Investment Devt Corp of the Phils.
Occupation/Designation : Admin. Officer/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Re: PHILGEPS REGISTRATION

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:39 pm

vtpelias wrote:Is Philgeps Registration of suppliers mandatory in all forms of procurement like SHOPPING, NEGOTIATED and PUBLIC BIDDING?

Hello vtpelias welcome. Yes its mandatory to all suppliers doing business with your agency. For your information and perusal. Refer to the following Section of the Revised IRR of 9184
8.5. Registration, Eligibility Requirements and Submission of Bids under the PhilGEPS
8.5.1. To ensure the widest dissemination of the Invitation to Bid/Request for Expression of Interest, manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, contractors and/or consultants shall register with the PhilGEPS. All Procuring Entities already maintaining an electronic registry upon the effectivity of this IRR shall integrate the same with that of the PhilGEPS. A manufacturer, supplier, distributor, contractor or consultant duly registered with the PhilGEPS may participate in a procurement undertaken by any procuring entity, provided that the said manufacturer, supplier, distributor, contractor or consultant maintains its registration current and updated in accordance with the provisions of this IRR, and its registration is proper and relevant to the particular type of procurement.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 pm

To all members of the Forum:

In relation to the topic on PhilGEPS Registration, one problem that we should confront is the indifference of local suppliers to the mandatory requirement that they should be registered with the PhilGEPS. In our region, even in the capital city of Tuguegarao, there are few establishments which are registered. Those who are selling construction materials have not bothered to register with the PhilGEPS. In the transportation business, even Victory Liner, the biggest in region 02, is not registered with the PhilGEPS. When we transported our athletes from the region to the Palaro site which is Tarlac City, we found out that no one from among the bus companies is registered. It is suggested that the DBM, through the PhilGEPS, should come up with an aggressive information dissemination geared towards educating business establishments on the nitty-gritty of transacting business through the PhilGEPS. It is only in having local business establishment who are internet savvy, that we can expect responses to the RFQ's that we posted. It is sometimes frustrating when nobody responds on the request for quotation that we post. It actually hinders the deliveries of basic services. This is just my observation but I am sure that this is also true to other regions.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:59 am

I think to hasten the process of dissemination of information is with the help of the Procuring entities, by informing them in the pre bid conference. actually you could register with the PhilGEPS through electronic means... send the payment through a bank etc all you need to do is call the PhilGEPS on how to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:57 pm

jcolas wrote:To all members of the Forum:

In relation to the topic on PhilGEPS Registration, one problem that we should confront is the indifference of local suppliers to the mandatory requirement that they should be registered with the PhilGEPS. In our region, even in the capital city of Tuguegarao, there are few establishments which are registered. Those who are selling construction materials have not bothered to register with the PhilGEPS. In the transportation business, even Victory Liner, the biggest in region 02, is not registered with the PhilGEPS. When we transported our athletes from the region to the Palaro site which is Tarlac City, we found out that no one from among the bus companies is registered. It is suggested that the DBM, through the PhilGEPS, should come up with an aggressive information dissemination geared towards educating business establishments on the nitty-gritty of transacting business through the PhilGEPS. It is only in having local business establishment who are internet savvy, that we can expect responses to the RFQ's that we posted. It is sometimes frustrating when nobody responds on the request for quotation that we post. It actually hinders the deliveries of basic services. This is just my observation but I am sure that this is also true to other regions.

perhaps another way would be to tie up with the SEC/DTI/CDA and LGUs to require philgeps reg as a document to support application for mayors permit or SEC/DTI registration. A similar tie up was done by the BIR with GPPB so we have the EFPS as a mandatory requirement in the filing of ITR in IRR-A. under the revised IRR filing thru the EFPS is optional
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 218
Company/Agency : national government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 pm

That is a good suggestion Charlie Brown; but may I lay my one cent worth of a suggestion:
It would be faster and easier, i believe if the GPPB can come up with a resolution requiring Local Government Units and the SEC/DTI/CDA to include the submission of the PhilGEPS Registration Certificate as one of their requirements before permits are released to business men. With the GPPB Res., businessmen will NOW have to secure the PhilGEPS cERT. The Procuring Entity, on the other hand can conduct a seminar, in coordination with the PhilGEPS, on how to use the PhilGEPS portal so that these businessmen can now transact business with the government. what do you say?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:23 pm

It is already a settled rule that one of the requirements to be submitted during post-qualification is the certificate of registration with the PhilGeps. wherein failure to submit such document shall be a ground for the forfeiture of the bid security and disqualify the bidder for award.

Last edited by Niwram on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:24 pm

The problem with such suggestions is that the power of the GPPB only pertains to procurement and it cannot dictate another agency what to do unless it is provided by law. GPPB Resolution has no power to be a condition for a permit to be released or not it is beyond the power of the GPPB,

Back to top Go down

Post by Berna on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:32 pm

in our province po, only infra contractors are registered to philgeps.
Berna
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 115
Company/Agency : Calintaan Munti
Occupation/Designation : Clerk, BAC Sec
Registration date : 2010-02-02

http://ompassessor.com.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:51 pm

Ligaw Na Binatog wrote:
The problem with such suggestions is that the power of the GPPB only pertains to procurement and it cannot dictate another agency what to do unless it is provided by law. GPPB Resolution has no power to be a condition for a permit to be released or not it is beyond the power of the GPPB,

Then who should do it LNB? Is there a need for a new legislation to that effect? If that is what is needed, then let us awaken congress, d ba? Or can the gppb not tie up with Local Government Units/CDA/SEC/DTI as what Charlie Brown has posted?

To Bernadette; that is true. Contractors took it upon themselves to learn the ropes, that is why some of them are even better than some members of the BAC. If only our local suppliers will do the same, learn the ropes, then all our postings(RFQ) will be responded upon.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:21 pm

D Ba sa Local government Code, LGU's are bestowed with regulatory p0wers? Can the Local Government not enact laws that will include Cert. of Registration from PhilGEPS as one of the requirement before they will issue permits? As for the CDA/DTI and SEC, dont they have the power to include the certification as a requirement?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:28 am

I think a local legislation must first be executed so that such requirement of RA 9184 will be a condition before a Mayors permit could be released. However this is subject to several consideration because the purpose of Mayors permit is for taxing purposes.

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Ligaw na Binatog wrote:The problem with such suggestions is that the power of the GPPB only pertains to procurement and it cannot dictate another agency what to do unless it is provided by law. GPPB Resolution has no power to be a condition for a permit to be released or not it is beyond the power of the GPPB,

As for my suggestion, the idea is not to enforce the requirement to LGUs, DTI, SEC etc in a way similar to a central office enforcing policies to its regional office. the operative word is a tie-up wherein the agencies will work out a scheme - as equals and as procurement champions - and not in a superior/subordinate set-up. I believe that was the background in the requirement for EFPS before. It would be difficult to understand how the BIR could have imposed its requirement with the GPPB if it was not done in a colegial manner.
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie brown on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:05 pm

vtpelias wrote:Is Philgeps Registration of suppliers mandatory in all forms of procurement like SHOPPING, NEGOTIATED and PUBLIC BIDDING?

In a public bidding and in some alternative methods, the philgeps registration is required. However, in some AMP such as under shopping A (unforseen contingencies) and procurement at the PS a philgeps registration will not only not make sense but would tend to make a simple procurement into a tedious one - thus defeating the concept of efficiency and convenience
charlie brown
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:25 pm

charlie brown wrote:
Ligaw na Binatog wrote:The problem with such suggestions is that the power of the GPPB only pertains to procurement and it cannot dictate another agency what to do unless it is provided by law. GPPB Resolution has no power to be a condition for a permit to be released or not it is beyond the power of the GPPB,

As for my suggestion, the idea is not to enforce the requirement to LGUs, DTI, SEC etc in a way similar to a central office enforcing policies to its regional office. the operative word is a tie-up wherein the agencies will work out a scheme - as equals and as procurement champions - and not in a superior/subordinate set-up. I believe that was the background in the requirement for EFPS before. It would be difficult to understand how the BIR could have imposed its requirement with the GPPB if it was not done in a colegial manner.

I understand. If the procedure of obtaining a permit is tied up with a certain law, ordinance or memo etc. it should be amended or a latest issuance should be release. it is not enough that there is a MOA between GPPB and an LGU.

Furthermore, The registration to PhilGEPS as a condition for the release of a Mayor`s Permit would be prejudicial to those businesses which do not want to be registered. We should also consider that PhilGEPS registration is 500 pesos, if a tieup was obtained, don`t you think that getting a mayors permit is like getting penalized for doing whats right.

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Just sharing, actually in our office, we require PhilGEPs registration for all method of procurement and we have no problem with that. Since, this is required for post-qua purposes, we require this to be submitted by the supplier with the lowest offered cost, as in shopping. No PO or JO is issued without this requirement, among others. So far, compliant naman sila lahat and we issue Certificate of Accreditation in the office for those suppliers who have submitted eligibility requirements (for a fee, of course). In a way, they are encouraged to register with the PhilGEPs and we explain to them tht this is also advantageous to them as they can use this wherever they want to participate as suppliers of goods and services or as bidders in public biddings.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:28 pm

I agree with what the office of fe a. araya is doing. by encouraging and explaining to bidders the importance and benefits of registering as a member of the PHILGEPS is one way to attain the purpose of RA 9184.
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Thanks, niwram. Actually wala pa naman kaming problem sa mga suppliers namin sa pagpasubmit ng requirements. At the start of the year, we send them letters to update their accreditation documents with us. We provide them with checklist of requirements , especially with expired validity of [permits/licenses so that they will be reminded. The review of our registry of suppliers is usually done December or January of the following year. As soon as these updated requirements are submitted we issue Certificate of Accreditation/REgistration in our office. We collect minimal fee (additional income for the BAC)
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:22 am

Same with you guys , we do that practice , to update their documents so that there will no hard time on the post qualification stage of the procurement.
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

PhilGEPS Certificate

Post by maria on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:17 pm

san poh bah kmi pwede makakuha ng philGEPS form para makapag register kmi at makakuha rin ng certification?? supplier poh kc kmi ng mga construction materials...help me poh Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
maria

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : P&M General Merchandise
Occupation/Designation : MAnager
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:41 pm

maria wrote:san poh bah kmi pwede makakuha ng philGEPS form para makapag register kmi at makakuha rin ng certification?? supplier poh kc kmi ng mga construction materials...help me poh Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Try this LINK
Go to "How to secure PHILGEPS certificate" . and download the file. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:33 pm

san poh bah kmi pwede makakuha ng philGEPS form para makapag register kmi at makakuha rin ng certification?? supplier poh kc kmi ng mga construction materials...help me poh

To Maria. The PhilGEPS, in its desire to fast track registration of suppliers and buyers/government agency started the On Line Registration. All you have to do is go to: http//www.philgeps.net. At the right hand corner of the PhilGEPS window, you will be presented with an option: Log-in/Register Now. As a supplier who would like to register, click the button for Register Now and you will be presented with the On Line Registration page. You click the button for supplier at the bottom of the On Line Registration page and you will be brought to the PhilGEPS Supplier Agreement where you have to accept the Terms and Conditions. After accepting the Terms and Conditions, you will be brought to the Organization Registration Form which you have to fill up. After filling up the form you press the submit button. With in twenty four (24) hours, philGEPS will send to your e-mail address your User ID and password. There will be some additional instructions that you have to do like the "First time Log-in" process but I am sure it would be smooth sailing. I hope you can follow my instructions. Mam Fe, did I do it right?
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Bgy. Sto. Domingo on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Hello, may I ask for assistance? I experiencing problem in registration. I just received the message from PhilGEPS, saying:

Thank you for your interest in participating in the PhilGEPS. However, we regret to inform you that your online registration has been denied due to the following reason(s):

Member Type: Buyer
Organization Name: LGU - STO. DOMINGO BOMBON
Application Date: 14/09/2010
Reason for Disapproval: Your previous registration has been approved. For inquiries regarding your user id and password, please call our office at 900-5232 to 37.

Thank you.

I couldn't understand why it's saying that we had a previous registration, hence, i do assure that i only attempted once in registering in PhilGEPS. Thank you.
Bgy. Sto. Domingo

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : LGU - Sto. Domingo Bombon
Occupation/Designation : LGU
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Bgy. Sto. Domingo wrote:Hello, may I ask for assistance? I experiencing problem in registration. I just received the message from PhilGEPS, saying:

Thank you for your interest in participating in the PhilGEPS. However, we regret to inform you that your online registration has been denied due to the following reason(s):

Member Type: Buyer
Organization Name: LGU - STO. DOMINGO BOMBON
Application Date: 14/09/2010
Reason for Disapproval: Your previous registration has been approved. For inquiries regarding your user id and password, please call our office at 900-5232 to 37.

Thank you.

I couldn't understand why it's saying that we had a previous registration, hence, i do assure that i only attempted once in registering in PhilGEPS. Thank you.

This only means that there may have been initial registration of "LGU - STO. DOMINGO BOMBON" or you may have duplicate agency names. Try calling the numbers given to you (02-900-5232 to 37). Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:31 pm

You got it right, sir jcolas. Registration is, they say, "just one click away". As to the payment of the required registration fee, they can deposit their payment to the nearest Land BAnk in their locality. In a way, very easy talaga and no need to go to PhilGEPS Manila just to apply and to pay.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down