Latest topics

Posting of Bid notices

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Posting of Bid notices

Post by icecastle98 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Can you help out? What are the steps in posting the bid notices in the Philgeps. If you can do it step by step, the better 'cause I am not a computer whiz. Thanks a lot.
icecastle98

Female Number of posts : 22
Company/Agency : SUC
Occupation/Designation : Accountant III
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting of Bid notices

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:42 pm

icecastle98 wrote:Can you help out? What are the steps in posting the bid notices in the Philgeps. If you can do it step by step, the better 'cause I am not a computer whiz. Thanks a lot.

You can download (Philgeps website) the PHILGEPS user guide volume 1 (using the splash page) and PHILGEPS user guide volume 2 (For buyers and Buyers Coordinators). I assume you (agency) have account with Philgeps. otherwise you cannot download the users guide.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:15 pm

icecastle98 wrote:Can you help out? What are the steps in posting the bid notices in the Philgeps. If you can do it step by step, the better 'cause I am not a computer whiz. Thanks a lot.

Hi icecastle98,

If you can open Yahoo! Mail, upload photos to Friendster and are familiar with Facebook, there's no reason why you cant post a bid notice in the PhilGEPS Smile Just login with your "buyer account" using the username and password provided for you by the PhilGEPS team or by your Buyer Coordinator (which you shall receive in your email), and everything goes natural.

Notices->Create Notices->(input details)->next->upload Associated Components->done->check->Post------presto! (don't forget to logout)

Hope this helps. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by icecastle98 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:31 pm

thank you sir
icecastle98

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:22 pm

icecastle98 wrote:thank you sir
You are welcome icecastle98
To make things easier, have them printed and hard*bound. likewise you can share it with other members of the BAC Secretariat. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 pm

To Icecastle;
Its good you have guys who gave you some points in posting bid notices, but I would also advice that you call up PHILGEPS so that they can really give you some pointers. To engrjhez and the others. there are many bac secretariat out there who are needing guides on how to post bid notices. I suggest that we notify PHILGEPS so that they can conduct seminars/workshops on how to post bid notice, award and the like. This will be a great help for the new members of the BAC Secretariat.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:06 pm

It might be because we are situated near Manila but they (PhilGEPS team) have been constantly been conducting trainings for first time users of GEPS. Let me share my story:

I still remember the first time I attended the 2-day seminar at Ortigas. It was really hard to digest. Being new to the procurement myseld, i have to make a lot of readings and reviews and hands-on, until finally we learn what have been discussed (after several months). When the GEPS (first version) was officially upgraded to PhilGEPS (which we currently use now), we tried learning on our own to post ads in the new website. Fortunately, it just took us 1-week to adapt. I attended the seminar for the new GEPS facility months later. Since we are already well versed with the new facility, we were asking for some legal and technical issues in the implementation of RA.9184 (which we frustratingly failed to get). But thanks to the GPPB Online Forum. Collaboration is now more accessible than ever.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:22 pm

That actually is my point sir. The seminar should also focus on PHILGEPS users outside Manila who are needing guidance. I remember when I first register sometime in 2004. I had to burn the lines just so that I can assimilate what the PHILGEPS people were telling me. It would be a great help if hand on seminar can be done by region and not always at Ortigas. I hope somebody can take the cudgels for those BAC Secretariat in the provinces.thank you anyway sir.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icecastle98 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Gentlemen, another question please. How many days before the posting of bid notices is viewed in the PHILGEPS? I notice that when I tried posting one, the status is pending? And when I tried opening the opportunities, it still can't be viewed. What does it mean?
icecastle98

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:18 pm

icecastle98 wrote:Gentlemen, another question please. How many days before the posting of bid notices is viewed in the PHILGEPS? I notice that when I tried posting one, the status is pending? And when I tried opening the opportunities, it still can't be viewed. What does it mean?
The system cut-off time is 12midnight. When you post, you actually start to post the next day. You will not be able to view the advertisement unless tagged as "active" Very Happy

Last edited by engrjhez on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 pm

icecastle98 wrote:Gentlemen, another question please. How many days before the posting of bid notices is viewed in the PHILGEPS? I notice that when I tried posting one, the status is pending? And when I tried opening the opportunities, it still can't be viewed. What does it mean?

1.2.1 View Bid Notice PUG
A "Pending" notice" means a notice was posted already but is still waiting to be batch processed by the system (Philgeps) before becoming "Active". All bid notices posted on any given day will undergo batch processing. This means that they have to reach a cut-off time (12:00 midnight) before they will be processed by the system to become "Active" and subsequently displayed in the Open Opportunities under the Supplier menu and in the Splash Page and the Electronic Bulletin board and can be viewed by suppliers and the general public. Hope this will help.
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by icecastle98 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 am

thanks a lot gentlemen. your're a great help
icecastle98

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 am

icecastle98 wrote:thanks a lot gentlemen. your're a great help

We are here to share our knowledge and experience. once again you are welcome. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:49 am

Good Start of the Office Week for all of us......
Just absent for quiet a while due to busy schedules .....Let me share my experience regarding training of secretariat in the postings of opportunities in the PHILGEPS...Sometimes its helps when you let them feel the problem and explore things. Maximizing our time is very significant to all of us most especially to me being with voluminous office and fieldworks so I had scheduled a weekly two hour discussion with my staff regarding RA9184 issues and postings particularly now that it is again revised so need to do some explanations and sharing of views which I constantly gained here in the forum and some readings too....
We are also extending our help to barangay secretaries eventhough they yearly follow up training they are still not doing provisions of RA9184 and that is why I posted a query on Who is Monitoring Barangay Compliance regarding RA 9184 because we don't hold on them but just giving them technical assistance to register and post their opportunities.
Sometimes motivation and patience will be our tool so that everybody will be aware of this Act.
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jaimeybanez on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Gentlemen, can somebody help m regarding posting of invitations since I don't see a splash page or notices upon logging in at PhilGEPS.
jaimeybanez

Male Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : Iligan City East High School
Occupation/Designation : Teacher
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ikuz23 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:09 pm

jaimeybanez wrote:Gentlemen, can somebody help m regarding posting of invitations since I don't see a splash page or notices upon logging in at PhilGEPS.

good day,
you can use this link, it might help Very Happy link
ikuz23
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 148
Company/Agency : LGU-Tacurong
Occupation/Designation : Karaniwang empleyado
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:45 am

jaimeybanez wrote:Gentlemen, can somebody help m regarding posting of invitations since I don't see a splash page or notices upon logging in at PhilGEPS.
Welcome jaimeybanez,

Is your concern how to send invitations thru PhilGEPS? Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:15 pm

PHILGEPS is a userfriendly site....try to browse it again..
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Maybe it has something to do with the internet connections, snails pace and be patient. Sleep
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down