Latest topics
» No Objection Letter
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm by zeph03

» CATERING SERVICES FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEET AT SAGBAYAN, BOHOL
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF FERTILIZERS FOR LIVESTOCK, CORN, HVCDP, INLAND FISHERY, AND ORGANIC PROGRAM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm by btorres4

» RENTAL OF LIGHTS AND SOUND SYSTEM
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm by btorres4

» Newspaper Publication
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF OTHER SUPPLIES FOR SB OFFICE
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm by btorres4

» PURCHASE OF RICE FOR FOOD SUPPLIES OF PEACE & ORDER CAMPAIGN
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 pm by btorres4

» Expired Tax Clearance during payment
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm by vallemaco6224

» PURCHASE OF MEDICINE FOR MHO
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm by btorres4

Posting of Grants from DOH through SARO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Posting of Grants from DOH through SARO

Post by firstlady_5167 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:45 pm

Good day forum members. There are PR's submitted by the City Hospital for the Procurement of Medical Equipment thru grant from the DOH. Since it is a grant from the National Agency, can these be undertaken without APP? Now it is subject for Posting in the PhilGEPS, i am quite hesitant because for every one Medical Equipment, one PR. Di ba splitting yon? Pls advise. Thank you
firstlady_5167
Active Poster
Active Poster

Female Number of posts : 60
Company/Agency : City Government of Tacloban
Occupation/Designation : Asst. Statistician/BAC Sec
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting of Grants from DOH through SARO

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 pm

firstlady_5167 wrote:Good day forum members. There are PR's submitted by the City Hospital for the Procurement of Medical Equipment thru grant from the DOH. Since it is a grant from the National Agency, can these be undertaken without APP? Now it is subject for Posting in the PhilGEPS, i am quite hesitant because for every one Medical Equipment, one PR. Di ba splitting yon? Pls advise. Thank you
First of all, we are talking here of public funds, so the GPRA must be applicable.

Second, because the funding and procurement was not in the original APP, then it has to be amended accordingly and be signed by the HOPE.

Third, the number of PR's does not dictate the number of biddings. Remember that the BAC, thru the Secretariat shall consolidate PPMPs for the APP. Group similar items together and then determine the combined ABC. The BAC shall then recommend the mode of procurement. It is important that you do not proceed with the posting unless the amended APP is approved by the HOPE.

Finally, splitting of contract per se is not a violation unless it is done to circumvent the bidding process or to avoid auditing policies. Ex. if you have four equipment which has similarities to each other, amounting to P110,000.00 each, four different lots may be allowed for as long as each was done thru public bidding. But if you will have five equipment considering the same case, although each may be done thru public bidding, you may have been circumventing the policy on PRE-AUDIT. In any case, it is always up to the BAC to justify their resort to mode of procurement because they know the items better than anyone else. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by jcolas on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:51 pm

To Firstlady-5167, your first question whether you can purchase with out the APP has been amply answered by engrjhez, and I would like to add that it is very basic in RA 9184 that no APP, no procurement. So I advised that before you procure you first have to prepare an Annual Procurement Plan/Program. I am quite curious also by your statement that for every one medical equipment, one PR. D naman kailangan ganun eh. It is more economical that you prepare one Purchase Request for the whole bunch of Medical Equipment that you are planning to procure, and you will be saving your agency from questions by COA in the future. I would like to assume that the funding or grant you mentioned has been released by your Provincial Government as a financial aid. I would like to assume further that the purpose of which is to procure medical equipment for the City of Tacloban. In this case, I suggest that you ask your BAC to convene a pre-procurement conference where your end=user identifies what medical equipment shall be procured. After which a Purchase Request shall be prepared for all the medical equipment that your agency has decided to procure. This are the basic steps that you have to follow and it would be best that you seek advise from your auditors. they are there to help you.
jcolas
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 517
Company/Agency : DepED RO 2
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Officer V
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down