Latest topics

Alternate Members and NEW IRR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alternate Members and NEW IRR

Post by msm326 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:50 am

Good Day.... to all fellow procurement practitioners....
It's been a long time since I visited this forum 8 days to be exact because I am busy with my other assignments as in-charge of the SWM projects and the recent successful environment summit that we organized for the whole province.
Can I solicit your views regarding alternate members....How can we explain to previously regular members that one of them will be an alternate of somebody as BAC Member....hirap yata...
I was fortunate to attend a seminar last weekend on the New IRR (actually I just sit in since the semianr is for barangays) and I was observing them....until now majority of the barangays are still not register with PHILGEPS. It is good some of the provisions like Small Value Procurement and other services such as catering services were given adjustments .....Still waiting for the new PBD....
If ever I would have the chance to get a copy of a checklist done by one of our COA here I will post it in this forum so others would have a guide too..... so will could smoothly comply with COA circular 2009-001 ....I miss this forum for a week.....
msm326 bounce
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Alternate Members and NEW IRR

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:18 pm

msm326 wrote:Good Day.... to all fellow procurement practitioners....
It's been a long time since I visited this forum 8 days to be exact because I am busy with my other assignments as in-charge of the SWM projects and the recent successful environment summit that we organized for the whole province.
Can I solicit your views regarding alternate members....How can we explain to previously regular members that one of them will be an alternate of somebody as BAC Member....hirap yata...
I was fortunate to attend a seminar last weekend on the New IRR (actually I just sit in since the semianr is for barangays) and I was observing them....until now majority of the barangays are still not register with PHILGEPS. It is good some of the provisions like Small Value Procurement and other services such as catering services were given adjustments .....Still waiting for the new PBD....
If ever I would have the chance to get a copy of a checklist done by one of our COA here I will post it in this forum so others would have a guide too..... so will could smoothly comply with COA circular 2009-001 ....I miss this forum for a week.....
msm326 bounce
First of all, this "alternate member" thing is NOT MANDATORY. But should this be a discretion of the HOPE, I think BAC members may draw out their "alternate members" from their own departments/sections/units and not necessarily with each other (because it is useless). The HOPE may also designate qualified alternate BAC members from other offices. The purpose of this is to proceed with the quorum even in the absence of the principal members, provided that their (those absent) alternates attended the proceedings.

In the old IRR, a representative of an absent BAC member may be allowed to participate but has no right to vote and shall never be counted for the purposes of quorum. In the new IRR, the alternate members shall have equal rights, privileges,and accountabilities. bounce
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2481
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top