inconsistent bid price

View previous topic View next topic Go down

inconsistent bid price

Post by isabelo c. rodriguez on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:24 pm

our agency recently conducted a public bidding for vehicles. the bac as of now still has to decide on who should be the rightful winner due to some issues, particularly the bid offer of one bidder. this bidder's offer of 9.98M appeared as such in his financial proposal, price schedule form and bid price/bill of quantities form. he also cited the same figure in his letter to the bac chair. however in his bid form, this bidder offered a total price of 9.66M (in words and figure) which is now inconsistent with his other price. i personally voted for the automatic disqualification of this bidder (i don't know if this is correct) for violating the rule on alternative bids. another member's opinion that this bidder's offer of 9.98M as calculated, should prevail. however the chair of the twg totally disagreed w/ bac's decision and wouldn't even sign their own (twg) report by citing one of the provisions in the ITB: "the PE's evaluation of bids shall only be based on the bid price quoted in the Financial Bid Form". accdg. to him, the price offered by this bidder at 9.66M would be advantageous to us if we compare it to the price offer of the other bidder at 9.8M. now we are stuck because we don' agree with him either. ano po ba ang tamang decision? please help. by the way, our abc for this project is 10M.

isabelo c. rodriguez

Male Number of posts : 34
Company/Agency : national meat inspection service
Occupation/Designation : oic, property unit
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: inconsistent bid price

Post by regina avelino on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:21 am

Price Schedule/bill of quantities 9.98M
Bid form (figures/words) 9.66M
As calculated 9.98M

if discrepancies were noted, i will first apply section 32.2.3. second is to apply section 34.4. based on you scenario is should be 9.66M which is lower between as calculated and the submitted bid price .

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 664
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top