Honorarium for BAC SEcretariat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Honorarium for BAC SEcretariat

Post by rlg2vmmc on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:44 pm

Good day to all! I'm rey from from vmmc. I would like to know if the new irr of ra 9184 even the old irr provides for payment of honoraria to bac secreatrai wh/c is the main support of BAC as the new irr provides. Thanks hoping for your response , GPPB!
rlg2vmmc

Male Number of posts : 5
Company/Agency : Veterans Memorial Medical Center
Occupation/Designation : Admin Aided VI
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Honorarium for BAC SEcretariat

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:05 pm

rlg2vmmc wrote:Good day to all! I'm rey from from vmmc. I would like to know if the new irr of ra 9184 even the old irr provides for payment of honoraria to bac secreatrai wh/c is the main support of BAC as the new irr provides. Thanks hoping for your response , GPPB!

You have to read DBM Circulars 2004-5A and B C. No. 2007-3 which were issued to provide the guidelines on the payment of honoraria for the BAC, TWG and BAC Secretariat.

http://www.gppb.gov.ph/laws_rules/laws/BC_2004-5A.pdf
http://www.gppb.gov.ph/laws_rules/laws/BC_2007-3.pdf

Sec. 5.6 of B.C. 2004-5A, specifically provides, as follows:

"5.6 The members of the BAC Secretariat who are performing the attendant functions in additions to their regular duties in other non-procurement units of the agency may likewise be paid honoraria at the same rate as the TWG Chair and Members, subject to the same regulations. The members of the BAC Secretariat whose positions are in the Procurement Unit of the agency shall not be entitled to honoraria. The payment of overtime services may be allowed, subject to existing policy on the matter.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:24 pm

rlg2vmmc wrote:Good day to all! I'm rey from from vmmc. I would like to know if the new irr of ra 9184 even the old irr provides for payment of honoraria to bac secreatrai wh/c is the main support of BAC as the new irr provides. Thanks hoping for your response , GPPB!

Welcome to he forum, rey!

In addition to the reply above, you may want to visit a similar discussion on BAC Secretariat here.

Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by rlg2vmmc on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Good day again, Sir, i have a few questions:

1. Does DBM-BC 2007-3 Nov. 29, 2007. scrapped the payment of honoraria to BAC SEC?
2. Does the term admin staff refer to BAC SEC as used by the said circular?
rlg2vmmc

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:16 pm

rlg2vmmc wrote:Good day again, Sir, i have a few questions:

1. Does DBM-BC 2007-3 Nov. 29, 2007. scrapped the payment of honoraria to BAC SEC?
NO, it only amended Sec. 6.1 of DBM B.C. 2004-5A. Sec. 5.6 of said BC is, therefore, still applicable.

rlg2vmmc wrote:2. Does the term admin staff refer to BAC SEC as used by the said circular?
The term admin staff used in Sec.1.1 of BC 2007-3 should be read in relation to Sec. 5.9 of BC 2004-5A, which reads:

"5.9 In lieu of honoraria, the payment of overtime services may be allowed for the administrative staff, such as clerks, messengers and drivers supporting the BAC, the TWG and the Secretariat, for procurement activities rendered in excess of official working hours. The payment of overtime services shall be in accordance with the existing policy on the matter."
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rlg2vmmc on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:47 am

sir RDV, we were receiving honoraria last year but BC-2007-3 came out and as a result, honoraria payment was scrapped from us and informwd us that we are only entitled for overtime, is this correct?
rlg2vmmc

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:38 am

rlg2vmmc wrote:sir RDV, we were receiving honoraria last year but BC-2007-3 came out and as a result, honoraria payment was scrapped from us and informwd us that we are only entitled for overtime, is this correct?

Good morning, rlgvmmc.

I assume you are a BAC Secretariat member, may I know what is your organic office within the VMMC? If you come from the procurement unit, you will not be entitled to honoraria, but only OT pay. However, if you come from non-procurement unit within the VMMC, then you are entitled to honoraria. That is what DBM B.C. 2004-5A provides.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rlg2vmmc on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:57 pm

sir RDV, i hope you could enlighten me with my querries.
2. DBM Budget Circular 2004-5a, October 7, 2005 Sec. 5.6 specifically provides, as follows:

xxx The members of the BAC Secretariat whose positions are in the Procurement Unit of the agency shall not be entitled to honoraria. The payment of overtime services may be allowed, subject to existing policy on the matter.

BAC SEC: Currently, there are six (6) personnel whose positions did not originate from the Procurement Division. With the merging of BAC Secreatrat and Procurement Division, does it follow that their positions are in the Procurment Unit of the agency ?
Hindi po ba dun pa rin sila sa mother unit nila dahil detailed lang po kami duon until now.
rlg2vmmc

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:42 pm

rlg2vmmc wrote:...
BAC SEC: Currently, there are six (6) personnel whose positions did not originate from the Procurement Division. With the merging of BAC Secreatrat and Procurement Division, does it follow that their positions are in the Procurment Unit of the agency ?
Hindi po ba dun pa rin sila sa mother unit nila dahil detailed lang po kami duon until now.

You will have to refer to the issuance/memorandum order by the HOPE regarding the merger. If they are (it is not clear to me if you are included) detailed in such a way to perform exclusively functions of the BAC Secretariat, with or without their designation as procurement officers, they are NOT entitled for honoraria.

The purpose of the DBM circular is to ensure and identify those who will qualify for honoraria. In the simplest meaning, if the personnel assigned as BAC Secretariat member performs dual functions (i.e. procurement and non-procurement functions at the same time), then he/she is entitled for honoraria. On the other hand, if his/her function is purely BAC Sec, purely Procurement Office, or a combination of both, OVERTIME, instead of honoraria may be allowed.

Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Niwram on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:43 am

good day.. I would like to know if BAC members are entiltle to receive honoraria despite section 5.8 of DBM circular 2004-5A which is in conflict with section 15 and 11 OF R.A. 9184? thanks
Niwram
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Male Number of posts : 263
Company/Agency : Matatag na Republika ng Pilipinas
Occupation/Designation : Katulong Pambatas II/Tagapayo sa Tawad at Parangal na Komite
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:17 pm

mmp wrote:good day.. I would like to know if BAC members are entiltle to receive honoraria despite section 5.8 of DBM circular 2004-5A which is in conflict with section 15 and 11 OF R.A. 9184? thanks

Good day and welcome mmp!

I don't see any conflict among the sections mentioned:

5.8 By reason of jurisprudence, a Department Undersecretary or Assistant Secretary who concurrently serves in the BAC, in whatever capacity, shall not be entitled to honoraria.

This is only an exception to the rule. In fact Section 15 of the IRR stipulates:

The procuring entity may grant payment of honoraria to the BAC members in an amount not to exceed twenty five percent (25%) of their respective basic monthly salary subject to availability of funds. For this purpose, the DBM shall promulgate the necessary guidelines. The procuring entity may also grant payment of honoraria to the BAC Secretariat and the TWG members, subject to the relevant rules of the DBM.

Hence, the disallowance of undersecretaries and assistant secretaries was part of the exception on this grant of honoraria. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Specifically NBC 2004-5A provides for the honorarium for BAC Secretariat but if the members of the Secretariat are with the Procurement unit then they are only entitled to payment of overtime services. If in your case, the members of the BAC Secretariat were assigned to the Procurement unit (regardless whether it is not their mother unit), then they are only entitled to payment of overtime services. Please review the special order issued by the HOPE.
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Female Number of posts : 335
Company/Agency : DENR Region 5, Rawis, Legaspi City
Occupation/Designation : OIC, Adm. Division/BAC Secretariat
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 pm

fe a. araya wrote:Specifically NBC 2004-5A provides for the honorarium for BAC Secretariat but if the members of the Secretariat are with the Procurement unit then they are only entitled to payment of overtime services. If in your case, the members of the BAC Secretariat were assigned to the Procurement unit (regardless whether it is not their mother unit), then they are only entitled to payment of overtime services. Please review the special order issued by the HOPE.
For purpose of Discussion
Granted and by all means that personnel from the Procurement unit not entitled to honorarium, but only overtime payment for services rendered, My concern how will this expenses be treated? as regular or charge to funds of the BAC? (from the proceeds of sale of Bid docs etc.). any comment/opinion are welcome Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Sec. 6.0 of NBC 2004-5A provides that honorarium/payment of overtime services shall be taken from the proceeds of sale of Bid docs, etc. This was further amended by NBC 2007-3 (Sec. 3), quote:

"3.1 The amount necessary for payment of honoraria and overtime pay authorized under BC No. 2004-5A dated October 7, 2005 shall be sourced from the following:
- Proceeds from sale of bid documents;
- Fees from contractor/supplier registry;
Fees charged for copies of minutes of bid openings, BAC resolutions and
other BAC documents;
- Protest fees; and
- Proceeds from bid security forfeiture.
3.1.2 Savings realized from the current year specific budget of the agency under the General Appropriations Act (GAA)
3.1.3 In the case OF goccS, savings from the DBM-approved corporate operating budgets,
3.1.4 In case of LGUs, savings from the local budgets approved by their respective Sanggunian subject to the pertinent provisions of RA7160 (Local Government Code of 1991

3.3 ........ It is understood that the use of agency savings for payment of honoraria and overtime pay for procurement activiteis shall be made only after satisfying said manadatory expenditure items"
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:54 am

fe a. araya wrote:Sec. 6.0 of NBC 2004-5A provides that honorarium/payment of overtime services shall be taken from the proceeds of sale of Bid docs, etc. This was further amended by NBC 2007-3 (Sec. 3), quote:

"3.1 The amount necessary for payment of honoraria and overtime pay authorized under BC No. 2004-5A dated October 7, 2005 shall be sourced from the following:
- Proceeds from sale of bid documents;
- Fees from contractor/supplier registry;
Fees charged for copies of minutes of bid openings, BAC resolutions and
other BAC documents;
- Protest fees; and
- Proceeds from bid security forfeiture.
3.1.2 Savings realized from the current year specific budget of the agency under the General Appropriations Act (GAA)
3.1.3 In the case OF goccS, savings from the DBM-approved corporate operating budgets,
3.1.4 In case of LGUs, savings from the local budgets approved by their respective Sanggunian subject to the pertinent provisions of RA7160 (Local Government Code of 1991

3.3 ........ It is understood that the use of agency savings for payment of honoraria and overtime pay for procurement activiteis shall be made only after satisfying said manadatory expenditure items"
For us GOCCs, overtime service payment is not chargeable to the Income of the BAC (proceeds from the sale of Bid documents etc), the reason is simple, maliit na lang daw ang share para sa BAC. hehehe Peace to BAC bounce will this not run contrary to the NBC issued by the DBM? I think its self explanatory. bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fe a. araya on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:53 pm

The law is still the law and it should not be intepreted at their convenience. Just an opinion, am not a lawyer
fe a. araya
Board Veteran
Board Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down