No. of posting at PhilGEPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No. of posting at PhilGEPS

Post by Ranielle on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Hello Everybody! I'm a newbie here. Recently, we had posted our 2nd quarter procurement opportunities at PhilGEPS. This opportunity is through shopping and requires for the delivery and supply of various construction materials necessary for the repair of our various structures, eg. conference halls, dormitories, cottages... However up to date, we have yet to receive bids and we had already posted the opportunity for the 3rd time. Considering that these supplies are in immediate need and must be procured during the 2nd quarter we find it difficult to procure the items without receiving formal bids from construction suppliers who are PhilGEPS registered/members. What is the ruling on procurement opportunities posted at PhilGEPS without bidders? Are we to continuously post the said opportunity until we have completed the three(3) bids/ canvass allowed for shopping under RA9184?

Ranielle

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : DepEd Baguio Teachers' Camp
Occupation/Designation : Supply & Property Staff
Registration date : 2014-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: No. of posting at PhilGEPS

Post by regina avelino on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 am

Based on the information you posted above, i firmly believe you missed the basic procedure. This procedure that you failed to perform is the sending of request for quotation or inviting propective bidders/suppliers to send their bids. If you will refer to GPPB Resolution No. 09-2009 posting to philgeps is one thing and the sending of rfq is another thing. Not every suppliers cares to view what you have posted in the philgeps. The posting to philgeps aids in ensuring the transparency and the invitation or sending of rfq will be your means to make them submit or quote their bids.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 671
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranielle on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:04 am

Good Morning Po! Thank you very much for the advise/ input. We had already sent RFQs to prospective suppliers here in Baguio but most of the local suppliers are not registered to PhilGEPS that's why we are having difficulty completing the required 3 quotations from different suppliers. Likewise, other suppliers are willing to supply our requirements and have filled up the RFQs but were disqualified due to non-membership to PhilGEPS and as of now we have only one (1) qualified local bidder. May we know your advise on this. Thank you very much and we really appreciate your inputs on our queries. Thank you.

Ranielle

Male Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : DepEd Baguio Teachers' Camp
Occupation/Designation : Supply & Property Staff
Registration date : 2014-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by AndeeLamp on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:44 am

Good morning! I'm a newly appointed Procurement Asst in our agency. I've been searching for answers re limits in posting in PhilGEPS per quarter but i can't seem to find one. Here's my problem:

As a Water District, we purchase fast moving goods (pipes&fittings) every quarter. Aside from that, we need pipes & fittings too for projects since our agency is still growing.

My question is this:

Is there no violation if we post in PhilGEPS more than once every quarter? Given that the goods will be the same, ie pipes and fittings for water connection, BUT the purposes of the purchase will be different.

Please help! I badly need it!

Thank you!!

AndeeLamp

Female Number of posts : 6
Company/Agency : Oroquieta City Water District
Occupation/Designation : Procurement Assistant B
Registration date : 2015-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down