Latest topics

Procurement of Meals for BAC meetings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Procurement of Meals for BAC meetings

Post by bsamg on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:51 pm

I wonder if meals are allowed to be procured for BAC meetings- regular or what not?

bsamg

Male Number of posts : 10
Company/Agency : Cagayan State University
Occupation/Designation : BAC Chair
Registration date : 2014-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement of Meals for BAC meetings

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 pm

bsamg wrote:I wonder if meals are allowed to be procured for BAC meetings- regular or what not?

There is no express prohibition on that particular procurement. There is no legal impediment if one would undertake such. As long as the procurement is in the approved APP and the procurement process is followed, it is possible.

Unless of course COA would consider it an adverse finding under Sec.33 of P.D. No. 1445:

Prevention of irregular, unnecessary, excessive, or extravagant expenditures of funds or uses of property; power to disallow such expenditures. The Commission shall promulgate such auditing and accounting rules and regulations as shall prevent irregular, unnecessary, excessive, or extravagant expenditures or uses of government funds or property.

Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by bsamg on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I do not know of procured meals for BAC meetings having been disallowed by COA in the past. However, our finance group has decided to deduct from the honoraria of the current BAC members expenditures for meals during BAC meetings even as such meals were procured following procurement procedures, i.e., PR, RFQ, AOB. I wonder if such deduction from honoraria is even legal?

bsamg

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:56 pm

bsamg wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I do not know of procured meals for BAC meetings having been disallowed by COA in the past. However, our finance group has decided to deduct from the honoraria of the current BAC members expenditures for meals during BAC meetings even as such meals were procured following procurement procedures, i.e., PR, RFQ, AOB. I wonder if such deduction from honoraria is even legal?

You cannot charge anything from proceeds of bidding document fees other than honoraria. By charging meals from honoraria, it is indirectly charging with the proceeds. That is illegal.

But if you already received your honoraria and you chose or consented to appropriate the same for meals, there's nothing illegal. Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by bsamg on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:27 pm

The BAC have not received their honoraria for 2013  Very Happy. Finance is having a hard time letting go of the amount, it seems. And COA has already ordered the BAC funds to be remitted to the Treasury!Sad

bsamg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top