Latest topics

what should be the qualification of a BAC Sec Head???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what should be the qualification of a BAC Sec Head???

Post by FEBAQUARY on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:21 pm

I just want to be clarified on the matter about qualifications of a BAC Sec head. Please..

FEBAQUARY

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : NGA
Occupation/Designation : OFFICER
Registration date : 2014-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: what should be the qualification of a BAC Sec Head???

Post by alvinambion on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:58 am

FEBAQUARY wrote:I just want to be clarified on the matter about qualifications of a BAC Sec head. Please..

The head of the secretariat in central offices shall be at least a fifth ranking permanent employee or, if not available, a permanent official of the next lower rank; or shall be at least a third ranking permanent employee in bureaus, regional offices and sub-regional/district offices, or if not available, a permanent employee of the next lower rank. In addition to integrity, Heads of the Procuring Entities shall consider procurement proficiency as a factor in designating the head of the Secretariat and Procurement Unit

source: Handbook on Philippine Government Procurement, Sixth Edition: 2012
Section 14.2. page 45

alvinambion

Male Number of posts : 42
Company/Agency : Municipal Government of Amadeo, Cavite
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Aide VI
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by FEBAQUARY on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:00 pm

thank you sir for the reply. I just want to share my thoughts on this. I have been with our department for almost 10 years now, assigned at the Budget Section, doing the functions of a budget officer (AO V) for 7 years as an OIC, but i have an AO I item only. With the recently approved promotion of our BAC Sec Head, they have notified me to act as the BAC Sec Head once assumption of duty takes place. Though i may have been with the finance division for quiet some time, there was never a time i was able to attend to trainings/workshops/seminars which concerns procurement. This is why i am not in favor of the planned transition in our department. Can you help me to be enlightened on this?...am i suited for this task?

FEBAQUARY

Female Number of posts : 2
Company/Agency : NGA
Occupation/Designation : OFFICER
Registration date : 2014-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by alvinambion on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:33 am

FEBAQUARY wrote:thank you sir for the reply. I just want to share my thoughts on this. I have been with our department for almost 10 years now, assigned at the Budget Section, doing the functions of a budget officer (AO V) for 7 years as an OIC, but i have an AO I item only. With the recently approved promotion of our BAC Sec Head, they have notified me to act as the BAC Sec Head once assumption of duty takes place. Though i may have been with the finance division for quiet some time, there was never a time i was able to attend to trainings/workshops/seminars which concerns procurement. This is why i am not in favor of the planned transition in our department. Can you help me to be enlightened on this?...am i suited for this task?

i have a position of admin aide vi, and i am appointed as bac sec head (but one of my member in the bac sec has a higher salary grade than mine) my only edge is my training/workshop/seminars attended and the experience since even in the past year as member of the bac sec.

in my opinion you are quite suited enough for the task even though you do not have any training, just always consult RA 9184 and read a lot, and ask fellow bac sec regarding their own experiences just like what i am doing also

alvinambion

Male Number of posts : 42
Company/Agency : Municipal Government of Amadeo, Cavite
Occupation/Designation : Administrative Aide VI
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top