Latest topics

Problem: New IRR and the New PBD for Procurement of Goods and its Impact on Our Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem: New IRR and the New PBD for Procurement of Goods and its Impact on Our Project

Post by othellorey on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:32 pm

The new IRR specifically implies from the GPPB that the implementation date is September 2, 2009. That's OK. Now, if you download the new documents for the procurement, you'll be greeted with a watermark that says "Working Draft".

My problem...

I have a project which bid docs are approved and is waiting a single signature for publication to a newspaper. Then came the phone call from our BAC telling me about the new IRR, and that I should prepare a new Bid Docs for the Project. To make a long story short, september 2 came, my project went pending and is waiting for the new PBD for Goods and all I have is a "WORKING DRAFT".

Since the world economy is recovering, I am expecting that the prices for the goods on our project will definitely escalate and may exceed our ABC. I am seeing the future of our Project. It wasn't published yet and here I am expecting a failed bidding due to price escalation.

Will it not be possible for the GPPB to make the effective date for the new Philippine Bid Documents for Goods applicable next year? By just a hairline my project was put in the locker because of this.

God Bless Us All and Salamat Po

Othellorey
othellorey

Male Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : Clark Development Corporation
Occupation/Designation : Sr. ICM Officer
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://higadattack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem: New IRR and the New PBD for Procurement of Goods and its Impact on Our Project

Post by riddler on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:44 pm

othellorey wrote:The new IRR specifically implies from the GPPB that the implementation date is September 2, 2009. That's OK. Now, if you download the new documents for the procurement, you'll be greeted with a watermark that says "Working Draft".

My problem...

I have a project which bid docs are approved and is waiting a single signature for publication to a newspaper. Then came the phone call from our BAC telling me about the new IRR, and that I should prepare a new Bid Docs for the Project. To make a long story short, september 2 came, my project went pending and is waiting for the new PBD for Goods and all I have is a "WORKING DRAFT".

Since the world economy is recovering, I am expecting that the prices for the goods on our project will definitely escalate and may exceed our ABC. I am seeing the future of our Project. It wasn't published yet and here I am expecting a failed bidding due to price escalation.

Will it not be possible for the GPPB to make the effective date for the new Philippine Bid Documents for Goods applicable next year? By just a hairline my project was put in the locker because of this.

God Bless Us All and Salamat Po

Othellorey

hello, i just saved it, then edited it, remove the watermark, and presto i can use it na. punta ka dun sa "page lay-out" ng menu bar sa computer mo para ma remove mo ang water mark... as a matter of fact pwd na gamitin. sana meron na rin sa infra maski darft lang.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem: New IRR and the New PBD for Procurement of Goods and its Impact on Our Project

Post by othellorey on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Thanks ruel for that quick reply. However, the watermark is not my main concern. My real problem is the expected escalation of the products or goods in the project, I expect their price to rise during the coming months and the ABC will be a factor of disinterest for profit margins on the bidders. And that's not to mention of reprocessing the bid documents will surely takes a while.

Othellorey
othellorey

Male Number of posts : 4
Company/Agency : Clark Development Corporation
Occupation/Designation : Sr. ICM Officer
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://higadattack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:44 am

othellorey wrote:Thanks ruel for that quick reply. However, the watermark is not my main concern. My real problem is the expected escalation of the products or goods in the project, I expect their price to rise during the coming months and the ABC will be a factor of disinterest for profit margins on the bidders. And that's not to mention of reprocessing the bid documents will surely takes a while.

Welcome to the forum.

We understand your concerns. But as Engr. Ruel pointed out, there is no way we can produce a bidding document unless we improvise a little. It may not be perfect, but it's worth a try. Better than not doing anything and waiting for the uncertain release date of PBDs. Very Happy

However, there is one good news regarding your concern on ABC should the bidding results to failure (perhaps due to price escalation as you are expecting). Section 35.3 stipulates:

35.3. Based on its findings, the BAC shall revise the terms, conditions, and specifications,
and if necessary, adjust the ABC, subject to the required approvals, and conduct a
re-bidding with re-advertisement and/or posting, as provided for in Section 21.2 of
this IRR.

You need not to wait for a second failure to adjust the ABC and/or the terms and specifications. (Gosh, its 12:44am na pala - yaiks!) Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top