Latest topics

ABOUT SPLITTING

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ABOUT SPLITTING

Post by neestrevencion on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:10 am

good day!

as i understand splitting, it is per category or classification of the item/project being requested regardless of where/how the item/s will be used or what office or who the requisitioner is. am i correct?

what if, we already secured HOPE's approval for shopping to purchase/install wood planks in one of our offices with ABC of P31,500. then, here comes another request (ABC=P20,000.00), this, definitely a case of splitting! I love you

or, can we suggest to consolidate the two (2) requests into one and post it again, as shopping pa rin.
neestrevencion

Female Number of posts : 46
Company/Agency : Senate of the Philippines
Occupation/Designation : Legislative Staff Assistant II
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: ABOUT SPLITTING

Post by msm326 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Good Day..........
Based on the provisions and definition of splitting as per GAAM , it is splitting if has the same items ....you are right you can suggest that the two be consolidated into one purchase request and refer to Annex threshold government offices in the REvised IRR , It will fall on the shopping mode of procurement
msm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:41 pm

neestrevencion wrote:good day!

as i understand splitting, it is per category or classification of the item/project being requested regardless of where/how the item/s will be used or what office or who the requisitioner is. am i correct?

what if, we already secured HOPE's approval for shopping to purchase/install wood planks in one of our offices with ABC of P31,500. then, here comes another request (ABC=P20,000.00), this, definitely a case of splitting! I love you

or, can we suggest to consolidate the two (2) requests into one and post it again, as shopping pa rin.

Consolidation must have been accomplished long before the APP was in formulation. This means that all approved PPMPs from different PMO/End Users have been received by the BAC Secretariat and that similar items must have been consolidated prior to Annual Procurement Plan (APP).

It is a different case however, if the nature is due to "unforeseen contingency". But you have to clearly justify the nature of such emergency and why there is a need to purchase the same materials in a short period of time. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

ABOUT SPLITTING

Post by neestrevencion on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:01 pm

who is responsible of spltting! Shocked
neestrevencion

Female Number of posts : 46
Company/Agency : Senate of the Philippines
Occupation/Designation : Legislative Staff Assistant II
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:51 pm

neestrevencion wrote:who is responsible of spltting! Shocked

Basically, it is the BAC that recommends the mode of procurement as approved by the HOPE. So, the BAC (responsible members for recommendation) and the HOPE himself are both liable and primarily responsible for violation thru splitting. Twisted Evil
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top