Latest topics

Amendments Regarding APP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amendments Regarding APP

Post by jomadel86 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Section 7, Article II of R.A. 9184 clearly states that "no procuremnt shall be undertaken unless it is in accordance with the approved APP of the Procuring Entity". There should be a provision in this law providing for some exemptions. In our case, since most of our procurement comes from special projects that cannot be easily anticipated, what the end-user does is to submit amended PPMP everytime they purchase something and then the BAC secretariat will make again an amended APP which is a waste of time on our part. Laughing
jomadel86

Male Number of posts : 26
Company/Agency : Department of Agriculture Regional Field Unit No. 6
Occupation/Designation : Information Officer
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Amendments Regarding APP

Post by riddler on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:57 pm

jomadel86 wrote:Section 7, Article II of R.A. 9184 clearly states that "no procuremnt shall be undertaken unless it is in accordance with the approved APP of the Procuring Entity". There should be a provision in this law providing for some exemptions. In our case, since most of our procurement comes from special projects that cannot be easily anticipated, what the end-user does is to submit amended PPMP everytime they purchase something and then the BAC secretariat will make again an amended APP which is a waste of time on our part. Laughing

You are right jomadel, it happened to us LGU's too! We are also a recepient of grants and donations from different funding agencies from health, infrastructures, etc. etc. every year, which we fail to include in our PPMP/APP. I think the shortest solution for these problem is to undergo all procurements of Special Projects/Grants thru competitive bidding.
In my opinion, parang mahirap i-implement ang APP sa LGU's kasi marami kaming Department branches with different procurement needs.. ok lang i APP yung office supplies kasi common sa lahat ng departments yan.. Ang purpose kasi ng APP eh ma consolidate lahat ng procurement needs of every Offices. Sa case ng LGU's eh office supplies lang ata ang pweding i-consolidate. In my opinion para sa LGU's--- pwd sana i-PPMP na lang yung need ng different Divisions ng isang departamento then i consolidate na lang ng department concerned para diritso na APP for that particular department(like Engineering Department). example, LGU's Department of Municipal/City Engineer which is composed of 6 Divisions. In this particular case pwd ba i-consolidate na lang yung PPMP's ng 6 Divisions para maging APP ng Local na Departamento? Para Kanya kanya APP bawat departamento at ggaan trabaho ng BAC Secretariat, pwd kaya to RDV,Engrjhez?
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:56 pm

ruel wrote:x x x
In my opinion, parang mahirap i-implement ang APP sa LGU's kasi marami kaming Department branches with different procurement needs.. ok lang i APP yung office supplies kasi common sa lahat ng departments yan.. Ang purpose kasi ng APP eh ma consolidate lahat ng procurement needs of every Offices. Sa case ng LGU's eh office supplies lang ata ang pweding i-consolidate. In my opinion para sa LGU's--- pwd sana i-PPMP na lang yung need ng different Divisions ng isang departamento then i consolidate na lang ng department concerned para diritso na APP for that particular department(like Engineering Department). example, LGU's Department of Municipal/City Engineer which is composed of 6 Divisions. In this particular case pwd ba i-consolidate na lang yung PPMP's ng 6 Divisions para maging APP ng Local na Departamento? Para Kanya kanya APP bawat departamento at ggaan trabaho ng BAC Secretariat, pwd kaya to RDV,Engrjhez?

One of the flaws of the GPRA is the inclusion of LGUs without equally, fairly, and judiciously consulting with us in the most detailed manner. I dearly agree with Engr. Ruel na talagang napakahirap gumawa ng APP sa LGU. Kung sa NGAs, department lang nila ang concerned, sa LGU lahat. Kaya lang, with the suggestion of "decentralizing" the procuring entity into several groups, walang dahilan para humiwalay pa ang isang department sa kabuuan kasi as Ruel said, office supplies lang naman ang mostly nako-consolidate. Fortunately for us, the office supplies are already consolidated under the GSD-Property Office. I think kung kaya nating mag-PPMP at APP sa isang department, its a matter of joining the files together to form one APP.

The real issue here is the nature of procurement of LGUs and the direct political influence to the procurement process. Dahil ang LGU ay may fiscal autonomy, they can do what they want with the funds even if it means amending the APP every week (whoa!). The average LCE change their minds at least twice a day. One of it is said, the other is kept. For several days it kept changing until it comes to the first decision. Then finally, when the procurement is decided with the approval of APP, it is "nice" to hear "we need to change the APP" again. This is just a statistical scenario for LGUs only. Sa NGA, malabo mangyari ito dahil dependent lahat sa National Budget (seldom from other funds). Sa LGU, nasa iisang bubong lang or if not, just few blocks away. A change can be made by call or by a simple talk or visit.

In short - DISIPLINA lang ang kailangan. Kung nasanay tayo na merong sinusunod na APP, at kinikilala ng LCE ang katwiran, kahirapan, at kagandahan ng APP, at may respeto sa APP itself, walang masyadong problema sa mga procurement natin. Kaya lang nabubugbog ang BAC at Secretariat ay dahil walang me balak sumunod (maliban sa BAC at Secretariat lang din).

drunken
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:40 am

you all well said it engrjhez.. at isa pa tlgang mag change palagi tayo ng APP sa LGU, kasi sa amin lang kung minsan eh abot kami hanggang Supplemental Budget # 5 sa isang taon. Ibig sabihin eh 5 beses din ang BAC Secretariat mag ulit ng APP(di na kaya ng BAC SEc to sa totoo lang), notwithstanding the grants and donation of ohter institutions na ippasok pa rin sa local APP.

you are right pa rin na talagang politically influenced minsan ang procurement sa LGU, kasi the Chief Executive may change his program (as allowed under RA 7160) for the year and with that stroke of hand eh, apektado lahat procurements natin.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:35 am

Good Day...
With all some flaws and some political interventions all of you guys are mentioning we must be motivated to work with what we believe based on prevailing laws and provisions on theprocurement process... Let me share our practice ever since RA 9184 had been in effect I indulge our departments to prepare the APP as basis for the approved budget per fiscal year with regards to their particular operations to carry out projects that are stipulated on their submitted AIP too.

The implementation of RA 9184 further strengthened the need to prepare APP and it is a strong basis for me as GSO to look on their APPs...The strength we have perhaps is what engjehz had mentioned DISIPLINA sa work and sa Department Heads, after the conduct of our joint budget hearing (executive and legislative) then the DH have the idea of what would be their working budget for the succeeding fiscal year and we indulge them to meticulously think of their needs (not only supplies/spare parts as well as other matters) and thus we follow procurement on a quarterly basis and so some matters to be addressed are those other services and materials that eng'g department are doing but also based on their AIP and APP too.
It is true there are some that needs to undertaken so the department a supplemental APP ....(we take everything as a learning gauge/benchmark for the next fiscal year) we must be cool talaga....
With the experience we have seldom ang supplemental APP so it is not Amendding the APP but doing Supplemental APP which is allowed on the IRR.
Just sharing some thoughts we practiced that becomes quite effective .....sometimes talaga you must know the works of others so you can suggest some things their overlook po....
msm326 Smile
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content