25.2(b)Submission and Receipt of Bids and SEc. 25.3(INFRASTRUCTURES)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

25.2(b)Submission and Receipt of Bids and SEc. 25.3(INFRASTRUCTURES)

Post by riddler on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:39 pm

I think the GPPB fAILED to include the Manpower and Equipment Utilization Schedule, Construction methods, S-Curves, Bar Charts, etc. etc. in the Technical Requirement of the Bid FOR iNFRA ON Sec. 25.2(b) of the New IRR. It will be hard for the BAC-TWG to evaluate the Bid without these technical requirements.

The new IRR (Sec. 25.3) is also silent on the documents to be attached on the Financial Proposal, shall we follow the Old IRR/PBD requirement? What prescribe form do we need to issue? Cash flow, PAYMENT schedule, Detailed Estimate, Summary sheets of the Bid, these are used in the old IRR/PBD. Are we going to adopt them too in the new IRR?
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 25.2(b)Submission and Receipt of Bids and SEc. 25.3(INFRASTRUCTURES)

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:38 pm

ruel wrote:I think the GPPB fAILED to include the Manpower and Equipment Utilization Schedule, Construction methods, S-Curves, Bar Charts, etc. etc. in the Technical Requirement of the Bid FOR iNFRA ON Sec. 25.2(b) of the New IRR. It will be hard for the BAC-TWG to evaluate the Bid without these technical requirements.

The new IRR (Sec. 25.3) is also silent on the documents to be attached on the Financial Proposal, shall we follow the Old IRR/PBD requirement? What prescribe form do we need to issue? Cash flow, PAYMENT schedule, Detailed Estimate, Summary sheets of the Bid, these are used in the old IRR/PBD. Are we going to adopt them too in the new IRR?

The Revised IRR is not silent. What I think is that it lacks emphasis.

Sec.25.2

b) For the procurement of infrastructure projects:
i) Eligibility requirements under Section 23.3 of this IRR;
ii) Bid security in the prescribed form, amount and validity period;
iii) Project Requirements, which shall include the following:
x x x
The term PROJECT REQUIREMENTS was left undefined (I think because it is understood and was already established in the past IRR). The said requirements should be defined somewhere else and "shall include the following" documents under Sec.25.2.b.iii. Looking on the CONTRACT SIGNING provisions:

37.2.3. The following documents shall form part of the contract:
a) Contract Agreement;
b) Bidding Documents;
c) Winning bidder’s bid, including the Eligibility requirements, Technical and
Financial Proposals, and all other documents/statements submitted;
d) Performance Security;
e) Credit line in accordance with the provisions of this IRR, if applicable;
f) Notice of Award of Contract; and
g) Other contract documents that may be required by existing laws and/or
the procuring entity concerned in the Bidding Documents, such as the
construction schedule and S-curve, manpower schedule, construction
methods, equipment utilization schedule, construction safety and health
program approved by the Department of Labor and Employment, and
PERT/CPM for infrastructure projects.
So there it is - still included. It shall be included inside the first envelope (Eligibility and Technical Envelope). For your second query, I think we can "improvise" and use some old forms in the absence of GPPB approved PBDs. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:50 pm

[quote="engrjhez"]
ruel wrote:I think the GPPB fAILED to include the Manpower and Equipment Utilization Schedule, Construction methods, S-Curves, Bar Charts, etc. etc. in the Technical Requirement of the Bid FOR iNFRA ON Sec. 25.2(b) of the New IRR. It will be hard for the BAC-TWG to evaluate the Bid without these technical requirements.

The Revised IRR is not silent. What I think is that it lacks emphasis.

Sec.25.2

b) For the procurement of infrastructure projects:
i) Eligibility requirements under Section 23.3 of this IRR;
ii) Bid security in the prescribed form, amount and validity period;
iii) Project Requirements, which shall include the following:
x x x
The term PROJECT REQUIREMENTS was left undefined (I think because it is understood and was already established in the past IRR). The said requirements should be defined somewhere else and "shall include the following" documents under Sec.25.2.b.iii. Looking on the CONTRACT SIGNING provisions:

37.2.3. The following documents shall form part of the contract:
a) Contract Agreement;
b) Bidding Documents;
c) Winning bidder’s bid, including the Eligibility requirements, Technical and
Financial Proposals, and all other documents/statements submitted;
d) Performance Security;
e) Credit line in accordance with the provisions of this IRR, if applicable;
f) Notice of Award of Contract; and
g) Other contract documents that may be required by existing laws and/or
the procuring entity concerned in the Bidding Documents, such as the
construction schedule and S-curve, manpower schedule, construction
methods, equipment utilization schedule, construction safety and health
program approved by the Department of Labor and Employment, and
PERT/CPM for infrastructure projects.
[/quote]
So there it is - still included. It shall be included inside the first envelope (Eligibility and Technical Envelope). For your second query, I think we can "improvise" and use some old forms in the absence of GPPB approved PBDs. Very Happy

I see your point engrjhez, but the above clauses might be construed as a requirements after the Award to be provided by the Winning Bidders/s. If we take a look at the Old IRR, that technical (missing) requirements has been given emphasis... and not just that, the requirements for Financial Documents were not also included in the new IRR.. We were confronted by a barrage of queries from our local Contractors with regards to the PBD's during our pre-bid conference and the BAC is groping for answers how to address these queries, Oh! PBD's, where art thou?
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:09 pm

ruel wrote:
I see your point engrjhez, but the above clauses might be construed as a requirements after the Award to be provided by the Winning Bidders/s. If we take a look at the Old IRR, that technical (missing) requirements has been given emphasis... and not just that, the requirements for Financial Documents were not also included in the new IRR.. We were confronted by a barrage of queries from our local Contractors with regards to the PBD's during our pre-bid conference and the BAC is groping for answers how to address these queries, Oh! PBD's, where art thou?

In the absence of PBDs (which is at no fault of our own), life must go on. A suggested conservative approach is to use the old requirement as per technical and financial aspect. I believe it shall provide all the documents needed later in the post qual while using the new timelines. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top