PURCHASE REQUEST NOT POSTED IN PHILGEPS BUT PROCUREMENT WAS CONTINUED DUE TO EMERGENCY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PURCHASE REQUEST NOT POSTED IN PHILGEPS BUT PROCUREMENT WAS CONTINUED DUE TO EMERGENCY

Post by mcalinao on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:58 pm

Good day Sirs and Ma'ams,

I need your help po.

We had a Purchase Request for Catering Services for a specific event, due to the late processing of PR (the BAC received the PR 5 days before the event), it was not posted in PhilGEPS. However, the procedure for procurement was continued (3 RFQs were received, Award was issued, and Purchase order was served). The ABC of the contract is Php 300,000.00, therefore, it could not be considered also for shopping (a)..

I need your opinion and ideas sirs and ma'ams as to what would be the sanction for this and if there is a legal way to correct/justify this action.

Thank you for your comments.

mcalinao

Male Number of posts : 6
Company/Agency : DPWH-CAR
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretariat for Goods
Registration date : 2015-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: PURCHASE REQUEST NOT POSTED IN PHILGEPS BUT PROCUREMENT WAS CONTINUED DUE TO EMERGENCY

Post by regina avelino on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:57 am

The procurement mode is small value procurement (SVP). the GUIDELINES FOR SHOPPING AND SMALL VALUE PROCUREMENT provides that:

"RFQs shall also be posted for a period of seven (7) calendar days in the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilG-EPS) website, website of the procuring entity, if available, and at any conspicuous place reserved for this purpose in the premises of the procuring entity. However, in the following instances, this posting requirement shall not be applicable:
i. When there is an unforeseen contingency requiring immediate purchase under Section 52.1(a) of the IRR; or ii. RFQs with ABCs equal to Fifty Thousand Pesos (Php 50,000.00) and below."

Review if this will fall under Section 52.1(a) of the IRR. If still not applicable, then there might be a violation of the law.

regina avelino
Board General
Board General

Female Number of posts : 663
Company/Agency : gocc ncr
Occupation/Designation : staff
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top