Hiring of "Musikeros" for Fluvial/Cultural Celebrations

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hiring of "Musikeros" for Fluvial/Cultural Celebrations

Post by engrjhez® on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:07 pm

To bid or not to bid?

If not, which procurement method applies?

Does GPRA really apply here?
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Re: Hiring of "Musikeros" for Fluvial/Cultural Celebrations

Post by riddler on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:16 am

engrjhez wrote:To bid or not to bid?

If not, which procurement method applies?

Does GPRA really apply here?

ha ha ha! Cool Procurement of Talent Services? I asked these before to you, di ba? .... anyway i have this simple solution which I may use during our Foundation Anniversary come January 2010.. I think this method falls into the procurement of services. i am suggesting to our commitee to make a Term of Reference for these "Talents" and be included in the PBD's. The TOR may include the extent and number of songs(say straight for 4 hours), minimum number of band instruments, minimum number of band members, etc. etc.. Ang problema lang eh papano sa "Artista"? the Chief of the Committees plans to invite "Katrina Halili"(no offense meant ha., how can we put her talent into a "specification" para ma TOR din namin at ma i-procure? Shocked Shocked
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:10 pm

Yeah, I still remember your query (or statement). But I shall limit the query on murikeros or band groups.

Unlike artistas, these musikeros are available locally within the vicinity. However, procurement of services still has to be questioned if bidding is appropriate. Eh paano mag-bi-bid yung mga musikero dito kung lahat naman sila ay kukunin. Let say merong 10 banda to be hired by the local government on festivities. Do they have to submit a quotation? What if they have different "talent fees"?

I will be back later. Pasensya na, lagare na naman sa trabaho.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm

engrjhez wrote:
Yeah, I still remember your query (or statement). But I shall limit the query on murikeros or band groups.

Unlike artistas, these musikeros are available locally within the vicinity. However, procurement of services still has to be questioned if bidding is appropriate. Eh paano mag-bi-bid yung mga musikero dito kung lahat naman sila ay kukunin. Let say merong 10 banda to be hired by the local government on festivities. Do they have to submit a quotation? What if they have different "talent fees"?

I will be back later. Pasensya na, lagare na naman sa trabaho.

In addition to that engrjhez, granting that the services of these people are hired by the LGU, an official receipt is also required to their voucher claim which I'm sure these talented musikeros don't have one... Since, we can easily make a TOR for this kind of activity, and I am also sure that the procurement of their services will surely fail simply because these talents cannot meet the requirements of the TOR (like business permits, BIR docs, etc.). After the failure of procurement, we can negotiate the TOR to businesses who has the receipts relative to that (those who businessess conducting Live/Music Entertaiment, alam ko marami dyan sa inyo) and advice these musikeros to band together, talked to these legitimate business owners for the sake of the Fiesta (mAybe share some royalties for using their receipt too!) and presto, these musikeros shall go home with a happy talent fee... we did these schemes here too! pinadaan pa rin namin sa procurement process.... sa talent fee ng artista lang kami na shocked, kasi hirap gumawa ng TOR sa kanila.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:18 pm

I was given a special instruction by the BAC Chairman late this afternoon to make a resolution justifying the proposed payment of "musikeros" outside the GPRA. I was tasked to explore the possibility of using the principle of "grants" and the fact that the "musikeros" to be hired are sourced within the locality. I still don't know how will it work but I believe it will and it must be resolved tomorrow.

However, I feel being sleepless right now. If it will not be under GPRA, why would the BAC issue a resolution? Makes no sense to me. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:33 am

engrjhez wrote:
I was given a special instruction by the BAC Chairman late this afternoon to make a resolution justifying the proposed payment of "musikeros" outside the GPRA. I was tasked to explore the possibility of using the principle of "grants" and the fact that the "musikeros" to be hired are sourced within the locality. I still don't know how will it work but I believe it will and it must be resolved tomorrow.

However, I feel being sleepless right now. If it will not be under GPRA, why would the BAC issue a resolution? Makes no sense to me. Very Happy

doesn't really make sense for me too, engrjhez... can you still explore the possibility of hiring them as job orders for that particular celebration? If their talent fee is not enough as job orders, maybe it can be possible to include their accomplishment during saturdays and sundays plus their attendance to preparations until the culmination of the activity.. in this way we can really pay their talent fees. is it not possible?--- at way down here, we made sure that the activity (Hiring the services of Bands/musicians) is included in our Project Profile to be attached in the voucher claims whether job-orders or negotiated contract(after failure of bidding).. If things aren't still possible, we use other options like using the receipt of business owners to ensure the success of our fiesta celebration.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by msm326 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:58 am

Have you tried to make a contract of services?
smsm326 Very Happy
msm326
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 264
Company/Agency : LGU SANTA CRUZ
Occupation/Designation : MUNICIPAL GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:41 am

msm326 wrote:Have you tried to make a contract of services?
smsm326 Very Happy

Yes. But what mode of procurement? Smile
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:15 pm

engrjhez wrote:
msm326 wrote:Have you tried to make a contract of services?
smsm326 Very Happy

Yes. But what mode of procurement? Smile

THERE must be a procurement before a contract, di ba? kaya balik ulit tayo sa tanong mo engrjhez. Very Happy

Assumption ko lang to, but i hope this would add a little solution to your "sleepless in seattle" condition now, ha ha ha. sunny

Actually, the mode of procurement could either be competitive or alternative... i think procurement of musikeros falls under the "Goods and Services". And in this scenario, i would use the "procurement of services" as I have mentioned above.. All we need is a TOR available to prospective bidders, which will be doomed to fail anyway to give the BAC leeways to Negotiate the Procurement of this Musikeros. Cool
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Soysoy on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:12 pm

if we go by the definitions as provided in sec. 5 of the revised IRR, this type of services does not fall under the definition of "goods" which include the types of services contemplated in the GPRA. neither does this kind of services fall under the consultancy services as defined in the same sec.

this type services, if we can call it as that, is peculiar to the LGUs, provided by them supposedly for the general welfare (read: enjoyment) of its constituents. if i be allowed to opine, i think this kind of 'service' is beyond the purview of the GPRA. as discussed in the above posts, if we apply the GPRA in this instance, the procurement process will become, for lack of better term - a 'moro-moro' (no offense meant) procedure, as it will not surely be in accordance with the provisions of the GPRA.

our agency, as with other lgus, had availed of the performance of 'artists' and we had very hard time of complying with the procurement requirements. even then, the result was not compliant with the law.

interestingly and curiously, i had not come across such kind of procurement postings in the philgeps.

Last edited by Soysoy on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soysoy

Male Number of posts : 31
Company/Agency : LGU
Occupation/Designation : clerk
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Soysoy wrote:x x x
interestingly and curiously, i had not come across such kind of procurement postings in the philgeps.

I have a very good idea why. I know of a case where the COA themselves suggest this type need not to be posted in the G-EPS. I don't know the rationale but that's the way they do it.

Anyway, i got a bad cold and that gave me reasons to sleep early. Kaya lang, nagising din ako 3am because of severe coughing. Buti na lang we got NSS and nebulizer to the rescue. I hate it when I'm sick. I'm caught between working and not working! Mad
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:16 am

Soysoy wrote:if we go by the definitions as provided in sec. 5 of the revised IRR, this type of services does not fall under the definition of "goods" which include the types of services contemplated in the GPRA. neither does this kind of services fall under the consultancy services as defined in the same sec.

this type services, if we can call it as that, is peculiar to the LGUs, provided by them supposedly for the general welfare (read: enjoyment) of its constituents. if i be allowed to opine, i think this kind of 'service' is beyond the purview of the GPRA. as discussed in the above posts, if we apply the GPRA in this instance, the procurement process will become, for lack of better term - a 'moro-moro' (no offense meant) procedure, as it will not surely be in accordance with the provisions of the GPRA.

our agency, as with other lgus, had availed of the performance of 'artists' and we had very hard time of complying with the procurement requirements. even then, the result was not compliant with the law.

Soysoy, I am sorry to inform you that your opinion that the procurement of "musikeros" does not fall under the purview of RA 9184, is absolutely incorrect.

Procurement of "musikeros" falls under procurement of Services.

Whether it falls under general support services, which is procurement of GOODS, or Consulting Services, would depend on the determination by the procuring entity, particularly on the nature of such services, whether it involves a level of "professional expertise" which would qualify it to fall under procurement of consulting services or only some kind of "general support services" which would make it fall under procurement of GOODS.

If I have to make my own opinion also, I would consider it under general support services and not consulting services. When you procure such services, you will have to be clear as to the "scope of the services" of the musikeros which would be the basis of their bids/quotation. If you are going to procure such services under the alternative methods, subject to the conditions and thresholds provided for, you can only consider Small Value Procurement (SMV) as Shopping would not apply for services.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1611
Company/Agency : DBM-Reg'l Office IV-B
Occupation/Designation : Regional Director/ Procurement Trainer
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://gppphil.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:46 pm

RDV wrote:
Soysoy wrote:if we go by the definitions as provided in sec. 5 of the revised IRR, this type of services does not fall under the definition of "goods" which include the types of services contemplated in the GPRA. neither does this kind of services fall under the consultancy services as defined in the same sec.

Soysoy, I am sorry to inform you that your opinion that the procurement of "musikeros" does not fall under the purview of RA 9184, is absolutely incorrect.

Procurement of "musikeros" falls under procurement of Services.

Whether it falls under general support services, which is procurement of GOODS, or Consulting Services, would depend on the determination by the procuring entity, particularly on the nature of such services, whether it involves a level of "professional expertise" which would qualify it to fall under procurement of consulting services or only some kind of "general support services" which would make it fall under procurement of GOODS.

If I have to make my own opinion also, I would consider it under general support services and not consulting services. When you procure such services, you will have to be clear as to the "scope of the services" of the musikeros which would be the basis of their bids/quotation. If you are going to procure such services under the alternative methods, subject to the conditions and thresholds provided for, you can only consider Small Value Procurement (SMV) as Shopping would not apply for services.

I Agree RDV. That is precisely my point... this is a procurement under the Goods and Services, nothing less. We only need a TOR which if I may, your term "Scope of Services" is far more better RDV. Smile

Section 5 of the IRR. Definition of Terms

Goods. Refer to all items, supplies, materials and general support services, except
consulting services and infrastructure projects, which may be needed in the
transaction of public businesses or in the pursuit of any government undertaking,
project or activity, whether in the nature of equipment, furniture, stationery,
materials for construction, or personal property of any kind, including non-personal
or contractual services, such as, the repair and maintenance of equipment and
furniture, as well as trucking, hauling, janitorial, security, and related or analogous
services,
as well as procurement of materials and supplies provided by the procuring
entity for such services. The term “related” or “analogous services” shall include, but
not be limited to, lease or purchase of office space, media advertisements, health
maintenance services, and other services essential to the operation of the procuring
entity.

riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Soysoy on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 pm

with due deference to Sir RDV, i do not think my opinion is 'absolutely incorrect'. in the absence of any clear-cut issuance by authorized government agency (ex. GPPB), the question of whether or not services of artistas (during concerts in LGUs celebrations) may fall under the term - general support services is still a valid issue. Considering that this type of 'services' is not clearly addressed/ covered in the GPRA and its IRR, many questions will be raised regarding this matter. Had this been clearly addressed, no questions should have been raised in this forum.

if i may inquire from my fellow 'posters', does any one know how did TESDA procured the talent services of ms. sara geronimo who was reportedly paid P 4M for doing the TESDA TV commercial? may be this 'analogous' case would be helpful to us.

just expressing my opinion. Thank you very much.
Soysoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Soysoy wrote:with due deference to Sir RDV, i do not think my opinion is 'absolutely incorrect'. in the absence of any clear-cut issuance by authorized government agency (ex. GPPB), the question of whether or not services of artistas (during concerts in LGUs celebrations) may fall under the term - general support services is still a valid issue. Considering that this type of 'services' is not clearly addressed/ covered in the GPRA and its IRR, many questions will be raised regarding this matter. Had this been clearly addressed, no questions should have been raised in this forum.

if i may inquire from my fellow 'posters', does any one know how did TESDA procured the talent services of ms. sara geronimo who was reportedly paid P 4M for doing the TESDA TV commercial? may be this 'analogous' case would be helpful to us.

just expressing my opinion. Thank you very much.

Soysoy, I say again that your proposition/opinion that the kind of service of musikeros or even talents are beyond the purview of the GPRA, is "absolutely incorrect".

It is different whether it will fall under general support services or consulting services, which I said will depend on the nature of the "service" and on the determination by the procuring entity concerned. But to say that it would not fall under any of the two, which would, in effect, exempt such from the provisions of the procurement law is "absolutely incorrect".

While there may be some issues, and while GPPB has not come up categorically to address these issues (if these "issues" really need to be addressed by the GPPB) does not mean that they are no longer covered by the GPRA. I do not even believe that GPPB has to come up with any issuance on the matter as it is best left to the procuring entities to determine. But that determination does not include exempting such procurement from the ambit of the GPRA as the exemptions to the law are already spelled out clearly in the law itself and its IRR, and this issue is not one of them.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Soysoy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Again, with much respect to Sir RDV, I still believe that my opinion re: hiring of artistas, is not ‘absolutely incorrect’.

Reading the definition of goods and services under the revised IRR, it is noted that the law provides an enumeration of services which could be considered as general support services, i.e. repairs and maintenance of eqpt and furniture, trucking, hauling, janitorial, security, etc. Considering the ambiguity of whether or not the ‘services’ of artistas is embraced in the said enumeration, one has to apply the legal principle of ejusdem generis in statutory construction. Under the principle of ejusdem generis, where a statute describes things of a particular class of kind accompanied by words of a generic character, the generic word will usually be limited to things of a similar nature with those particularly enumerated, unless there be something in the context of the state which would repel such inference.

Applying the above rule, the kind of general support services (generic word) contemplated shall be those of the same kind/ nature as with that of those enumerated – repairs and maintenance, janitorial, security, trucking, hauling, health maintenance services, lease of office space, media advertisements and other services ESSENTIAL to the operation of the procuring entity.

I see no rhyme or reason to consider the ‘services’ of artistas as ESSENTIAL to the operation of a government agency.
Soysoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RDV @ GP3i on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Soysoy wrote:Again, with much respect to Sir RDV, I still believe that my opinion re: hiring of artistas, is not ‘absolutely incorrect’.

Fine with me, Soysoy. You may be right that you are not "absolutely incorrect" insofar as your other propositions are concerned.

Soysoy wrote:Reading the definition of goods and services under the revised IRR, it is noted that the law provides an enumeration of services which could be considered as general support services, i.e. repairs and maintenance of eqpt and furniture, trucking, hauling, janitorial, security, etc. Considering the ambiguity of whether or not the ‘services’ of artistas is embraced in the said enumeration, one has to apply the legal principle of ejusdem generis in statutory construction. Under the principle of ejusdem generis, where a statute describes things of a particular class of kind accompanied by words of a generic character, the generic word will usually be limited to things of a similar nature with those particularly enumerated, unless there be something in the context of the state which would repel such inference.

Applying the above rule, the kind of general support services (generic word) contemplated shall be those of the same kind/ nature as with that of those enumerated – repairs and maintenance, janitorial, security, trucking, hauling, health maintenance services, lease of office space, media advertisements and other services ESSENTIAL to the operation of the procuring entity.

I see no rhyme or reason to consider the ‘services’ of artistas as ESSENTIAL to the operation of a government agency.

You must a student of law and it is good as we need also good students of law but also lawyers in the forum. Being a non-lawyer, I have great respect for legal opinions.

However, I think, we don't even have to apply statutory construction in the case at hand. I believe that it is a "cardinal rule" in law that "the intention of an act will prevail over the literal sense of its terms." What was the intention of the law (RA 9184)? Well, I am almost certain that it is the intention of the framers of the law to include all kinds of services, whether in the nature of "consulting services" or "general support services," which can also be gleaned from the definition of Goods in Sec. 5(k) of RA 9184.

The legal principle of "ejusdem generis" (where general words follow specific listed words, the general words will only include objects similar to those listed), which you mentioned may not even apply, even if we apply statutory construction in the case. The general/generic words "related or analogous services" which followed the specific listing, has been defined in a separate sentence; thus: 'The term "related" or analogous services" shall include, but not limited to, lease or purchase of office space, media advertisements, health maintenance services, and other services essential to the operation of the procuring entity.' Two points on related or analogous services from that definition: 1) it is not limited to the listings; and 2) another generic/general wordings were used after the listing, which is "other services essential to the operation of the procuring entity". Those are very general words, a catch-all of all services not in the listings and even not related to the specifics.

You may have a point that hiring of talents ("artistas") may not be essential to the operation of the procuring entity, but that is for the procuring entity to justify. From our level, we will assume that the hiring of such services is essential and we left it to the better judgment of the respective heads of procuring entities. Otherwise, there is also the external auditor (COA) that will look into the necessity of that particular expenditure.
RDV @ GP3i
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:04 am

As I may quote again for another time:

It's not the letters that killeth... but the spirit that vivifieth!
We are not lawyers too, but I must agree that if it is not in compliance, it's non-compliance. I may start to agree to RDV as there are no other law that may cover the procurement any better than RA.9184 in the nearest sense.

Very Happy I'm loving this lawyering stuff!Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dlsn on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:21 am

Sec. 5(h) of RA 9184 defines Goods as referring to all items, supplies, materials and general support services, except consulting services and infrastructure projects, which may be needed in the transaction of public businesses or in the pursuit of any government undertaking, project or activity, whether in the nature of equipment, furniture, stationary, materials for construction, or personal property of any kind, including non-personal or contractual services such as repair and maintenance of equipment and furniture, as well as trucking, hauling, janitorial, security, and related or analogous services, as well as procurement of materials and supplies provided by the procuring entity for such services.

Firstly, considering that rules on statutory construction are mere aids to interpretation and construction of laws, they do not find application in cases, such as this, where the words of the statue is written in plain and unambiguous terms. Nonetheless, assuming arguendo that it is not so in Sec. 5 above, the all encompassing definition of goods still renders the principle of ejusdem generis inapplicable inasmuch as it cannot apply where, on consideration of the whole law on the subject and the purpose sought, it appears that the Legislature intended the general words to go beyond the class specifically designated. It is neither applicable where specific words enumerate subjects which greatly differ from each other.

Secondly, assuming that the ejusdem generis rule applies, hiring services of musikeros during fluvial/cultural celebrations of LGUs can still be considered as procurement of goods since it is acquired in connection with a government undertaking.

Thirdly, if hiring services of musikeros during fluvial/cultural celebrations is treated as not essential to the operation of the procuring entity, contracts for such services may be considered as unnecessary expenditures and therefore subject to COA disallowance.

Lastly, if acquisition of contracts for services of musikeros is not covered by RA 9184, what law covers or allows it? Previous to RA 9184, how was such service acquired and under what legal authority? Maybe this will assist us in understanding how to appropriately deal with the matter. Thanks for the insights.
dlsn

Male Number of posts : 52
Company/Agency : GPPB-TSO
Occupation/Designation : Deputy Executive Director
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:57 am

ha ha ha! di na rin nakatiis si dennis. lol! sunny

at sa totoo lang, di lang musikero/artista ang hina hire namin sa lgu during fiesta celebs.... meron dyan choreographer, stage/musical/drama directors, stage decorators, etc. etc.. sympre mag babayad kami ng talent fee nila.

Last edited by ruel on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Soysoy on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:00 pm

thank you for the insights sirs.

BTW, how would we prepare the Purchase Request for this kind of procurement? especially those artistas who will perform concerts during celebrations (charter days, etc.) 1 job musical number?
Soysoy

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Soysoy wrote:thank you for the insights sirs.

BTW, how would we prepare the Purchase Request for this kind of procurement? especially those artistas who will perform concerts during celebrations (charter days, etc.) 1 job musical number?

yun nga soy, gawan talaga natin ng "scope of services" as mentioned by RDV na angkop sa talent ng artista natin.

e.g. Sevices includes 1 hour straight performance, minimum number of instruments, back-up singers, etc. etc.. of course sama na rin natin lahat ng taxes dyaan... i am sure may talent managers sila (with receipt of course), we can ask for additional information sa talent managers para ma "zero-in" natin yung services na kailangan natin for that particular artista.
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Soysoy on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:25 pm

Thank you sir ruel. what i meant to ask was the performance requirement to be stated in the PR/ scope of services - should the artistas be of national popularity, must be able to sing and dance, etc.... anyway, you guys were very helpful.

if i may respectfully ask sir dlsn, if by any chance he has knowledge on how TESDA and SSS procured the services of ms. geronimo and mr. edu manzano, respectively, in their agency's TV commercials? may be we can get ideas from them.

Maraming salamat po.

Last edited by Soysoy on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soysoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:05 pm

For Purpose of Discussion. Consider this Section 517 of GAAM
Sec. 517 GAAM. Contracting of Activities. - Agencies may enter into contracts with individuals or organizations, both public and private, subject to provisions of law and applicable guidelines approved by the President: provided, that contracts shall be for specific services which cannot be provided by the regular staff of the agency, shall be for a specific period of time, and shall have a definite expected output: provided, further, that implementing, monitoring and other regular and recurring agency activities shall not be contracted for, except for personnel hired on an individual and contractual basis and working as part of the organization, or as otherwise may be approved by the President: Provided, finally, that the cost of contracted services shall not exceed the amount that would otherwise be incurred had the work been performed by regular employees of government, except as may be authorized under this section. (section 58 Bk V1, 1987 Adm Code) bounce
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:47 pm

sunriser431 wrote:For Purpose of Discussion. Consider this Section 517 of GAAM
Sec. 517 GAAM. Contracting of Activities. - Agencies may enter into contracts with individuals or organizations, both public and private, subject to provisions of law and applicable guidelines approved by the President: provided, that contracts shall be for specific services which cannot be provided by the regular staff of the agency, shall be for a specific period of time, and shall have a definite expected output: provided, further, that implementing, monitoring and other regular and recurring agency activities shall not be contracted for, except for personnel hired on an individual and contractual basis and working as part of the organization, or as otherwise may be approved by the President: Provided, finally, that the cost of contracted services shall not exceed the amount that would otherwise be incurred had the work been performed by regular employees of government, except as may be authorized under this section. (section 58 Bk V1, 1987 Adm Code) bounce

if i may ask sunriser, does the GAAM you mentioned, applicable to LGU's since our Budget are Locally funded as approved by our Local Sanggunian?
riddler
Board General
Board General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down