Latest topics

Hiring of "Musikeros" for Fluvial/Cultural Celebrations

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hiring of "Musikeros" for Fluvial/Cultural Celebrations

Post by amang'65 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

ruel wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:For Purpose of Discussion. Consider this Section 517 of GAAM
Sec. 517 GAAM. Contracting of Activities. - Agencies may enter into contracts with individuals or organizations, both public and private, subject to provisions of law and applicable guidelines approved by the President: provided, that contracts shall be for specific services which cannot be provided by the regular staff of the agency, shall be for a specific period of time, and shall have a definite expected output: provided, further, that implementing, monitoring and other regular and recurring agency activities shall not be contracted for, except for personnel hired on an individual and contractual basis and working as part of the organization, or as otherwise may be approved by the President: Provided, finally, that the cost of contracted services shall not exceed the amount that would otherwise be incurred had the work been performed by regular employees of government, except as may be authorized under this section. (section 58 Bk V1, 1987 Adm Code) bounce

if i may ask sunriser, does the GAAM you mentioned, applicable to LGU's since our Budget are Locally funded as approved by our Local Sanggunian?

WOW! that was quite a lengthy discussion ng dahil sa mga artistas, musikeros, talents and the like. that is why i am starting to like this forum, we learn a lot not just about the provisions on RA9184 but by simply reading at the discussions we learn to smile Laughing Well anyways please allow me to share a bit of our opinion. Maybe the first thing to ask is, were this hiring of talents included in our APP? because it is clearly stated in the RA 9184, there should be no procurement unless it is within the approved APP. however if not, then there are a lot of ways in paying the services of these talents. first of course there has to be a basis for the payment of these talent, probably this should have been included in your work plan and it has to be supported with a module, since holding of anniversary celebration is a yearly activity. With this documents in place we can now pay talents in an honorarium bais depended kung anong nakalagay sa module na ginawa nyo. one remedy may be, charge to the discretionary fund of our agency head o executives, lalo na sa inyong mga LGUs you have the fiscal autonomy kaya sigurado ako may mga discretionary fund si mayor o si Gob. But after anything else COA has the last thing to say whether this is proper, just, unconscionable, or extravagant eventually disallowed ang transaction, but again we can always appeal a disallowance. One thing to consider maybe is an issuance from malacanang regarding austerity measures wherein holding of anniversary celebration is one concern issue (i forgot the res.no.).

Last edited by amang1965 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Female Number of posts : 282
Company/Agency : City of Baguio
Occupation/Designation : sekretarya
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by dlsn on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Soysoy wrote:if i may respectfully ask sir dlsn, if by any chance he has knowledge on how TESDA and SSS procured the talent of ms. geronimo and mr. edu manzano, respectively, in their agency's TV commercials? may be we can get ideas from them.

Sadly, I don't have any idea how they did it. I'm still trying to find out though. Will inform you at the soonest.
dlsn

Male Number of posts : 52
Company/Agency : GPPB-TSO
Occupation/Designation : Deputy Executive Director
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:16 pm

amang1965 wrote:
ruel wrote:
Sec. 517 GAAM. Contracting of Activities. - Agencies may enter into contracts with individuals or organizations, both public and private, subject to provisions of law and applicable guidelines approved by the President: provided, that contracts shall be for specific services which cannot be provided by the regular staff of the agency, shall be for a specific period of time, and shall have a definite expected output: provided, further, that implementing, monitoring and other regular and recurring agency activities shall not be contracted for, except for personnel hired on an individual and contractual basis and working as part of the organization, or as otherwise may be approved by the President: Provided, finally, that the cost of contracted services shall not exceed the amount that would otherwise be incurred had the work been performed by regular employees of government, except as may be authorized under this section. (section 58 Bk V1, 1987 Adm Code) bounce

if i may ask sunriser, does the GAAM you mentioned, applicable to LGU's since our Budget are Locally funded as approved by our Local Sanggunian?

WOW! that was quite a lengthy discussion ng dahil sa mga artistas, musikeros, talents and the like. that is why i am starting to like this forum, we learn a lot not just about the provisions on RA9184 but by simply reading at the discussions we learn to smile Laughing Well anyways please allow me to share a bit of our opinion. Maybe the first thing to ask is, were this hiring of talents included in our APP? because it is clearly stated in the RA 9184, there should be no procurement unless it is within the approved APP. however if not, then there are a lot of ways in paying the services of these talents. first of course there has to be a basis for the payment of these talent, probably this should have been included in your work plan and it has to be supported with a module, since holding of anniversary celebration is a yearly activity. With this documents in place we can now pay talents in an honorarium bais depended kung anong nakalagay sa module na ginawa nyo. one remedy may be, charge to the discretionary fund of our agency head o executives, lalo na sa inyong mga LGUs you have the fiscal autonomy kaya sigurado ako may mga discretionary fund si mayor o si Gob. But after anything else COA has the last thing to say whether this is proper, just, unconscionable, or extravagant eventually disallowed ang transaction, but again we can always appeal a disallowance. One thing to consider maybe is an issuance from malacanang regarding austerity measures wherein holding of anniversary celebration is one concern issue (i forgot the res.no.).

GAAM is the Government Accounting and Auditing Manual, definitely it applies to all government entity. But I am not sure if GAAM is still applicable with the issuance of the NGAS otherwise known as the New Government Accounting System.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:55 pm

amang1965 wrote:
WOW! that was quite a lengthy discussion ng dahil sa mga artistas, musikeros, talents and the like. that is why i am starting to like this forum, we learn a lot not just about the provisions on RA9184 but by simply reading at the discussions we learn to smile Laughing Well anyways please allow me to share a bit of our opinion. Maybe the first thing to ask is, were this hiring of talents included in our APP? because it is clearly stated in the RA 9184, there should be no procurement unless it is within the approved APP. however if not, then there are a lot of ways in paying the services of these talents. ...
LGUs are unique. Since no "higher authorities" required, madali lang ma-update or ma-amend APP. If there are no conflicts with the Local Sanggunian, mas madali mag-Supplemental Budget.

Maiba naman, you are from City of Baguio, right? Our National Convention and National Election (Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers) will be held at CAP John Hay on Nov.26-28 in line with Baguio's Centennial. I believe merong participation City Government on our convention (lagi naman), whether special number or message from the leaders. Sana we get to meet with you as well with Engr. Ruel (if he will attend) when we get there. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 2480
Company/Agency : City Government of Bacoor [Region IV-A, Province of Cavite]
Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.bacoor.gov.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:07 pm

engrjhez wrote:
amang1965 wrote:
WOW! that was quite a lengthy discussion ng dahil sa mga artistas, musikeros, talents and the like. that is why i am starting to like this forum, we learn a lot not just about the provisions on RA9184 but by simply reading at the discussions we learn to smile Laughing Well anyways please allow me to share a bit of our opinion. Maybe the first thing to ask is, were this hiring of talents included in our APP? because it is clearly stated in the RA 9184, there should be no procurement unless it is within the approved APP. however if not, then there are a lot of ways in paying the services of these talents. ...
LGUs are unique. Since no "higher authorities" required, madali lang ma-update or ma-amend APP. If there are no conflicts with the Local Sanggunian, mas madali mag-Supplemental Budget.

Maiba naman, you are from City of Baguio, right? Our National Convention and National Election (Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers) will be held at CAP John Hay on Nov.26-28 in line with Baguio's Centennial. I believe merong participation City Government on our convention (lagi naman), whether special number or message from the leaders. Sana we get to meet with you as well with Engr. Ruel (if he will attend) when we get there. Very Happy

Thats right i am from the city of baguio. well it would be nice if you can make it here on your PICE national convention. anyway ill mark that date and hope we could meet each other.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by riddler on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:10 pm

ill will try engrjhez. hope to see you there too!
riddler
Board General
Board General

Male Number of posts : 598
Company/Agency : lgu
Occupation/Designation : endyeenel
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:07 pm

ruel wrote:

Just like us GOCC's we dont receive any subsidy from the National government, but we are subject to the rules and regulation of COA. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Male Number of posts : 1518
Company/Agency : Goccs Jolo Sulu All the way Downsouth
Occupation/Designation : IAS
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 pm

amang1965 wrote:
ruel wrote:

I think NGAS has reclassified this account from "DISCRETIONARY FUND" to "EXTRA ORDINARY AND MISCELLANEOUS FUND". and this can be confirned by the GAA 2009 (Section 25).As for LGU's there is limitation not exceeding 2%,(subject to confirmation not sure) and any expenses incurred is subject to COA circular no. 85-85a.
excerpts from GAA 2009
For the purpose of this section, extraordinary and miscellaneous expenses shall include, but shall not be limited to expenses incurred for:
(a) Meetings, seminars and conferences;
(b) Official entertainment;
(c) Public relations;
(d) Educational, athletic and cultural activities;
(e) Contributions to civic or charitable institutions;
(f) Membership in government associations;
(g) Membership in national professional organizations duly accredited by the Professional Regulations Commission;
(h) Membership in the Integrated Bar of the Philippines
(i) Subscription to professional technical journals and informative magazines, library books and materials
(j) Office equipment and supplies; and
(k) Other similar expenses not supported by the regular budget allocation.
No portion of the amounts authorized herein shall be used for salaries, wages, allowances, confidential and intelligence expenses.In case of deficiency, the requirements for the foregoing purposes shall be charged against savings of the agency.These expenditures shall be subject to pertinent accounting and auditing rules and regulations. (COA circular no. 85-85a)
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:41 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
amang1965 wrote:
ruel wrote:

I think NGAS has reclassified this account from "DISCRETIONARY FUND" to "EXTRA ORDINARY AND MISCELLANEOUS FUND". and this can be confirned by the GAA 2009 (Section 25).As for LGU's there is limitation not exceeding 2%,(subject to confirmation not sure) and any expenses incurred is subject to COA circular no. 85-85a.
excerpts from GAA 2009
For the purpose of this section, extraordinary and miscellaneous expenses shall include, but shall not be limited to expenses incurred for:
(c) Public relations;
(g) Membership in national professional organizations duly accredited by the Professional Regulations Commission;
(i) Subscription to professional technical journals and informative magazines, library books and materials
No portion of the amounts authorized herein shall be used for salaries, wages, allowances, confidential and intelligence expenses.In case of deficiency, the requirements for the foregoing purposes shall be charged against savings of the agency.These expenditures shall be subject to pertinent accounting and auditing rules and regulations. (COA circular no. 85-85a)

Yun! nakuha mo darling, kaya tayo binigyan ng sangkatutak na mga account codes para kahit na yang mga "unforeseen" e pwedeng maremedyohan. But take note, always subject to government accounting, auditing rules and regulations. para naman hindi madisallow ang transaction ni mayor or gob.
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:05 pm

amang1965 wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:
amang1965 wrote:
ruel wrote:

excerpts from GAA 2009
(c) Public relations;

Yun! nakuha mo darling, kaya tayo binigyan ng sangkatutak na mga account codes para kahit na yang mga "unforeseen" e pwedeng maremedyohan. But take note, always subject to government accounting, auditing rules and regulations. para naman hindi madisallow ang transaction ni mayor or gob.
Agreed. Thats why ACCOUNTING is an ART. heh heh no offense intended. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:24 pm

sunriser431 wrote:
amang1965 wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:
amang1965 wrote:
ruel wrote:

excerpts from GAA 2009
(c) Public relations;

are you an accountant sunriser431? or assigned sa finance division?
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Assigned sa Procurement/Secretariat almost 23 years na sa govt.. Smile heh. heh.. can you imgine the procurement milestone I have been. anyway its not the number of years that count, but the service provided to the general public. Smile
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:27 pm

sunriser431 wrote:Assigned sa Procurement/Secretariat almost 23 years na sa govt.. Smile heh. heh.. can you imgine the procurement milestone I have been. anyway its not the number of years that count, but the service provided to the general public. Smile

Ok that's good, pero parang familiar yung lines na yan darling. bounce
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:09 am

sunriser431 wrote:

What SCIENCE cannot offer, the ARTS provide. Even in Engineering, we claim there is a certain work of ART in our creative way of solving problems. But I am afraid if this same ART will reach the doorsteps of the LAW, and that the LAW will become an ART by itself, then there would be no more LAW - as the ART you might be saying is to evade the LAW.

Likewise, no offense meant. Just pure insight. Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Occupation/Designation : Office of the City Legal Service (OCLS) / Certified National Trainer - PhilGEPS

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:55 pm

engrjhez wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:

What SCIENCE cannot offer, the ARTS provide. Even in Engineering, we claim there is a certain work of ART in our creative way of solving problems. But I am afraid if this same ART will reach the doorsteps of the LAW, and that the LAW will become an ART by itself, then there would be no more LAW - as the ART you might be saying is to evade the LAW.

Likewise, no offense meant. Just pure insight. Very Happy

uy! your starting to sound like an abogado paniero, mabuhay!!! ang mga enhinyeros!!
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:43 pm

amang1965 wrote:
uy! your starting to sound like an abogado paniero, mabuhay!!! ang mga enhinyeros!!

Really? I'll take that as a motivation, hehe. Smile

But seriously, ART is for those who "found a way to arrive at the same or correct answer or output without going thru the usual acceptable process". In the language of engineering, we sometimes have answers to problems with no mathematical proof on our solutions (of course yung case ng nangongopya lang ng sagot ay hindi kasama Very Happy) but we must agree that the answer is correct. With such, we take it as is. If the process leads to the correct answer, then the process must be correct. Yun ang hindi pwede sa batas. Hindi por que the results are good and righteous, the way how we produce it must be good and righteous too.

...and i believe Accounting, like any other MATHEMATICS must be an expression of an EXACT SCIENCE and no more ART, because in the end, Accounting principles are nearer to statutory than being scientific in nature.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:35 pm

engrjhez wrote:
amang1965 wrote:

Really? I'll take that as a motivation, hehe. Smile

But seriously, ART is for those who "found a way to arrive at the same or correct answer or output without going thru the usual acceptable process". In the language of engineering, we sometimes have answers to problems with no mathematical proof on our solutions (of course yung case ng nangongopya lang ng sagot ay hindi kasama Very Happy) but we must agree that the answer is correct. With such, we take it as is. If the process leads to the correct answer, then the process must be correct. Yun ang hindi pwede sa batas. Hindi por que the results are good and righteous, the way how we produce it must be good and righteous too.

...and i believe Accounting, like any other MATHEMATICS must be an expression of an EXACT SCIENCE and no more ART, because in the end, Accounting principles are nearer to statutory than being scientific in nature.

well that's fine, actually it is always best to take every comment positively or as a motivation as you said, kasi kung papatulan natin every comment literarily o kaya negatively talo lang tayo dadami lang ang white hair natin, kaya ako, sawa na ako sa mga mathematics na yan at sa mga law na yan, kaya ako enjoy lang kasi life is short and dont make it shorter by smoking in your office, ehe! bakit napunta sa smoking?
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:24 pm

As to any procurements like "musikeros" being seldomly seen lately (maybe because they can now be replaced by mobile sound system playing mp3s of band music), cultural activities, and the short-life principle of cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health, we are really faced with lots of decision to make:

to ADOPT? or to ADAPT?

Whatever decision is another chapter of the story. Malayo na narating ng mga "musikeros". Buti walang procurement law noong declaration of independence (1898). Kung hindi... baka nagka-problema pa history natin, hehe. Very Happy

NOTE: I don't smoke po.
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amang'65 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:01 pm

hindi actually may procurement law na noong declaration of independence day, at puro negotiated and transaction. kaya nga walang naging problema sa history natin. sorry i presumed kasi na smoker ka, kasi dito sa amin natitigas ang mga ulo nila despite a CSC memorandum re:smoking sige pa rin sila sa paninigarilyo, kaya ang parating linya ko sa kanila, life is short and dont make it shorter by smoking inside the building. napansin ko lang parang tahimik ang kapaligiran ngayon ng online forum?
amang'65
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:27 pm

amang1965 wrote:... napansin ko lang parang tahimik ang kapaligiran ngayon ng online forum?

It's the news. The aftermaths of Typhoon Ondoy. Sad
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:43 pm

amang1965 wrote:.xxxxx napansin ko lang parang tahimik ang kapaligiran ngayon ng online forum?
Waiting for the official release final working of the PBDs, sample forms, generic procurement manual and other concern, after which this forum will be busy again. Cool
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:02 am

The GPPB issued opinion similar to this topic. for reference click this link http://www.gppb.gov.ph/opinions/view_opinion.asp?o_id=587
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by engrjhez® on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:43 pm

sunriser431 wrote:The GPPB issued opinion similar to this topic. for reference click this link http://www.gppb.gov.ph/opinions/view_opinion.asp?o_id=587

The opinion only suggests the possibilities under GPRA. However, for academic purposes, let us say the following more specific conditions were present:

1. The contract amount exceeds that of the thresholds under Annex H (in the prevailing IRR);
  2. No other alternative method applies as per evaluation of the BAC;
  3. The 'musikeros' within 50km radius to the procuring entity do not have the necessary eligibility documents such as AFS, Mayor's Permit for Business, PhilGEPS registration, etc.;
  4. There are no known 'musikeros' outside the 50km that would possibly match the offer price of the musikeros in No.3;

What else can we do on this? Very Happy
engrjhez®
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:11 am

engrjhez wrote:
sunriser431 wrote:The GPPB issued opinion similar to this topic. for reference click this link http://www.gppb.gov.ph/opinions/view_opinion.asp?o_id=587

The opinion only suggests the possibilities under GPRA. However, for academic purposes, let us say the following more specific conditions were present:

1. The contract amount exceeds that of the thresholds under Annex H (in the prevailing IRR);
  3. The 'musikeros' within 50km radius to the procuring entity do not have the necessary eligibility documents such as AFS, Mayor's Permit for Business, PhilGEPS registration, etc.;
  4. There are no known 'musikeros' outside the 50km that would possibly match the offer price of the musikeros in No.3;

1. 1 option Competitive bidding + # The 'musikeros' within 50km radius to the procuring entity do not have the necessary eligibility documents such as AFS, Mayor's Permit for Business, PhilGEPS registration, etc.+ # There are no known 'musikeros' outside the 50km that would possibly match the offer price of the musikeros in No.3 = failed bidding (change ABC for fact # 4)

You cannot know until you undergo...

Back to top Go down

Post by sunriser431 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm

engrjhez wrote:

engrjhez
if 1,2,3 and 4 not possible, then cash advance of course subject to coa rules and regulations. heh heh, I know there will be violent reactions out there. Rolling Eyes
sunriser431
Grand Master
Grand Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down