Splitting of Contracts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Splitting of Contracts

Post by vivi_11 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:45 am

I am a researcher and a client requested for an opinion on the matter. For purposes of confidentiality, I hope you don't mind if I redact the names.

Facts are as follows:

The client conducted a bidding but the same was declared as a failure. Reason: No prospective bidder responded to the advertisements

There are two kinds of units being bidded out, say, units A and B.

In all the documents, they stated the Aggregate ABC for both items, say, 10,000,000.00
As far as I can see, they only stated the breakdown of the ABC on the Bid Form: Item A - 5,000,000.00 || Item B - 5,000,000.00
I still can't get a hold of the details on the ITB posted on PhilGeps. All I know is that there was only one ITB.
LET US ASSUME THAT THE ITB stated the breakdown of the ABC.

They conducted a negotiated procurement requesting for quotations from various companies. Again, the request for quotations stated an ABC of 10,000,000.00.

Company A bidded for Item A for 5,000,000.00.
Company B bidded for Item B for 6,000,000.00.

Company A was awarded the contract for Item A, while company B was disqualified.

From the viewpoint of the researcher, I can only speculate whether the prospective bidders were informed that they were dealing with two contracts and the ABC PER ITEM. Same goes for Company A and B during negotiated procurement.

Is this considered splitting of contracts?

vivi_11

Female Number of posts : 1
Company/Agency : private law firm
Occupation/Designation : researcher
Registration date : 2015-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Splitting of Contracts

Post by pluma on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm not sure but I think they bid it by lot (which means no contract splitting), you can have 1 ITB for different item (by lot), as long as the purpose of it is related. (e.g. "construction of 1 unit classroom at Juan dela Cruz Elementary School", you'll have 1 ITB for it and segregate the items by lot like lot1 aggregates, lot2 cements, lot3 others) each lots can be awarded to different bidder/supplier.
Also if it is by lot they should inform  the bidder/supplier to quote the items by lot and it should be clear on the Request for Quotations (or in section VIII Bidding Forms).
pluma
Active Poster
Active Poster

Male Number of posts : 75
Company/Agency : Local Government
Occupation/Designation : BAC Secretary
Registration date : 2014-08-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top